|| This article or section does not match our manual of style or needs other editing. Please plunge forward, give it your attention and help it improve! Suggested fixes: None specified. Please use the article's talk page to ask questions if you are not sure why this tag was added and whether it is safe to remove it.
The city of Santa Maria is known as the geographical heart of Rio Grande do Sul, the southernmost state in Brazil.
Located at latitude 29º41'03" South and longitude 53º48'25" West, the city stays at 151m of altitude. The estimated population in 2004 was 261 980 inhabitants.
Santa Maria has one of the largest Federal Universities of Brazil, the Federal University of Santa Maria (Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - UFSM). This institution currently has about 15.000 students involved in graduation and post-graduation activities.
Santa Maria is also known as "Cidade Cultura" (Culture City).
- Restaurante Augusto, Floriano Peixoto st, 1354, ☎ 3223-1050. Traditional mid-age restaurant edit
- Frei Pança, Floriano Peixoto st, 1328, ☎ 3221-2122. Pizza, pasta edit
- Churrascaria Vera Cruz, Medianeira Av, 1600, ☎ 3222-0606. Very famous chicken barbecue edit
- Imperial Sucos, Floriano Peixoto st, 1009, ☎ 3222-5330. Sandwiches, mix juices edit
- Bovinu's Churrascaria, Venâncio Aires st, 1596, ☎ 3221-1790. The best barbecue in the city (all you can eat style, buffet) edit
- Park Hotel Morotin, RST 287 road - Km 6,2, ☎ 55 3226.5500 ([email protected]), . Probably the best hotel in this area. More than 90 apartments and an event structure to receive about 1700 people simultaneously. Each apartment have phone with direct call and answering machine, air-conditioner, TV Directv with remote control and a small refrigerator. The hotel is about 5km from the city centre. The taxi fare is between R$15 and R$20. A single apartment costs about R$ 92,40 per day, a double costs R$ 132,00 and a triple costs about R$ 193,60. Note that this values can be modified during the year. edit
- Hotel Continental, Benjamin Constant st, 1209. edit
- Itaimbé Palace Hotel, Venâncio Aires st, 2741, ☎ 55 3222.1144 (itaimbé@terra.com.br). edit
- Palladium Executive Flat, Buenos Aires al, 322, ☎ 55 3222.4682 ([email protected]). edit
- Hotel Morotin, Ângelo Uglione st, 1629, ☎ 55 3222.4453 ([email protected]). edit