Santa Ana is a Southern Californian city in Orange County, California. It is the county seat of Orange County.
John Wayne Airport (IATA: SNA), 18601 Airport Way, .
Interstate 5 runs from the United States-Mexico border to the Oregon state line, and allows travel to/from San Diego, Los Angeles, Stockton, and Sacramento, among other neighboring cities.
State Route 22 runs along North Santa Ana, spanning from Long Beach to Orange.
State Route 55 allows one to travel south to Costa Mesa, or connect to the 91 Freeway in the north, a freeway that goes to Riverside.
The buses of The Orange County Transportation Authority  can get you around Santa Ana or most places in Orange County for $4 a day. A free trolley runs through the Downtown area on Monday and Tuesday afternoons. OCTA plans on developing the OC Streetcar, a modern streetcar light rail system that will run from the Santa Ana Regional Transportation Center to the Harbor Transit Center in Garden Grove. The line is proposed to open in 2020.
Lyft, Uber, other rideshare programs and yellow cab taxis are available for service in Santa Ana. The city is walkable, but avoid walking in dangerous areas, or deep into residential areas, unless absolutely necessary.
- Old Courthouse Museum, 211 W Santa Ana Blvd, ☎ (714) 973-6605, . M-F 8AM-4:30PM. editis now open as a museum for the city, registration may be required.
- 4th Street. edit is a street popular with locals. It has many small businesses and a small theater. The street is located about one block from the Old Courthouse.
- The Heritage Museum of Orange County, 3101 W Harvard St, ☎ (714) 540-0404, . editis a cultural and natural history center, highlighting historic homes and exhibits.
- Discovery Cube Science Center, 2500 N Main St, ☎ (714) 542-2823, . 10AM-5PM. editis a peculiar bit of architecture which hosts an ever-changing series of over 100 hands-on science exhibits for children. It is a visual landmark of Santa Ana due to its ten-story solar array cube that stands over Interstate 5.
- Santa Ana Zoo at Prentice Park, 1801 E Chestnut Ave, ☎ (714) 836-4000, . 10AM-4PM. editis 20 acres of urban jungle and one of several in the Southern California region. By its founder's wish, the zoo must be the home to at least 50 monkeys at all times.
- Floral Park. edit is a beautiful neighborhood with expensive houses.
- Santiago Creek Wildlife & Watershed Center, Santiago Park, Santiago Park, 600 E Memory Ln, ☎ (714) 647-6904, . edit
- Jerome Park, ☎ (714) 647-6559, . 10AM-5:30PM. edit is home to lovely gardens and the largest community center in the city. It has its own basketball court and boxing gym.
- Santa Ana Artist Village Art Walk, 207 N Broadway, ☎ (714) 547-6100 ext. 205 ([email protected]), . every First Saturday of the Month. A district containing art galleries, restaurants, and shops. edit
- The Observatory, 3503 S. Harbor Blvd, ☎ 714.957.0600, . Concert venue featuring many midrange acts. edit
- Sender One, 1441 South Village Way, ☎ (714) 881-3456, . World-class rock climbing gym with 50-foot walls. edit
- MainPlace Mall, 2800 N Main St, ☎ (714) 547-7800, . editis a shopping center located on the far north side of Santa Ana. It is the alternative to 4th Street.
- Playground, 220 East 4th Street, ☎ (714) 560-4444, . One of the hippest, most unique eateries in Orange County, Chef Jason Quinn's gastropub serves modern American cuisine in a communal setting. $13-35 for entrees. edit
- Original Mike's, 100 S Main, ☎ (714) 550-7764, . Original Mikes is a local favorite serving American cuisine with live entertainment almost every night. $30 and under. edit
- The Gypsy Den, (located in the Artist Village). editis very popular, especially with the youth. It serves many different types of food, including vegetarian friendly food.
- The Artist Village. editis also home to Pangea and several other food establishments and clubs that are very popular.
- Pop's Cafe, 112 E 9th St (located just off of Main Street), ☎ (714) 543-2772. $. editis very good and has excellent prices.
- Super Antojitos, (near the Target across from the college). editoffers excellent Mexican food for a great price as well as karaoke.
- Mission Bar, 302 N Main St Santa Ana, California, . 4-2AM. Happy hour is offered 7 days a week from 4pm - 7pm where all offerings from the 36 lines of craft beer and wine are just $4. edit
- Best Western Orange County Airport North, 2700 Hotel Ter, ☎ +1 714 432-8888 (toll free: +1 800 432-0053, fax: +1 714 434-6228), . edit
- Candlewood Suites, 2600 S. Red Hill Ave, ☎ +1 949 250-0404, . edit
- Courtyard Costa Mesa South Coast Metro, 3002 South Harbor Boulevard, ☎ +1 714 545-1001 (toll free: +1 800 321-2211, fax: +1 714 545-8439), . edit
- Days Inn Los Angeles - Santa Ana, 1108 N. Harbor Blvd, +1 714-554-1177, .
- Holiday Inn, 2726 South Grand Avenue, ☎ +1 714 481-6300, . edit
- Motel 6, 1623 East 1st Street, ☎ +1 714 558-0500 (fax: +1 714 558-1574), . edit
Dial 911 for all emergencies. Note that dialing 911 from a cell phone will connect you with the California Highway Patrol who will connect you with local agencies resulting in a delay in response.
Santa Ana is generally safe, though visible signs show that crime is once again on the rise. Avoiding walking alone at night, especially in the Logan and French Park areas. Santiago Park is often used as a gang base at night, so avoid it if it is not day.
- Santa Ana Police Department, 60 Civic Center Plaza, ☎ +1 714 245-8049 (dispatch), . SAPD provides law enforcement protection in the city from three stations. edit
- Orange County Fire Authority, ☎ +1 714 538-3501, . OCFA provides fire and emergency medical service from 10 stations throughout Santa Ana. edit
Both of these hospitals have a 24-hour emergency room.
- Coastal Communities Hospital, 2701 S. Bristol St., ☎ +1 714 754-5454, . edit
- Western Medical Center Santa Ana, 1001 N Tustin Ave., ☎ +1 714 953-3500 (fax: +1 714 953-3613), . edit