San Vito lo Capo is a town in the province of Trapani, in Sicily.
Patron of the town is Saint Vito Martyr. On 15th June the feast of the patron St Vito Martyr takes place. Celebrations begin in the afternoon from the ancient game over the sea.
- Palermo Airport, ((70 km)), ☎ +39 091 702 0273 ([email protected]), . Luggage service Alitalia (tel: +39 091 702 0208) passengers and the other for all other passengers (tel: +39 091 702 0209) edit
- Trapani Airport, ((50 km)), ☎ +39 092 361 0111 ([email protected]), . edit
Nearest railway station: Trapani, continue in to direction San Vito lo Capo approximately 40 km.
You can get a bus from Palermo or Trapani. Travel from Trapani Airport to San Vito lo Capo can take some hours on the way despite that the distance is short you need changes of the bus.
Take the motorway Palermo-Trapani, exit Castellammare del Golfo, continue along the SS187 road in to direction San Vito Lo Capo.
Ferries from Genoa, Rome, Civitavecchia, Naples to Palermo, then on the motorway Palermo-Trapani, exit Castellammare del Golfo, continue along the SS187 road towards San Vito Lo Capo.
San Vito lo Capo is easily accessible destination for the travelers. The small town is located in the valley between mountains and the public beach at the sea, which is destination for the vacationers. The center of San Vito lo Capo is closed to the traffic to give people the best opportunities for the rest, they could walk quietly through the streets choosing any of numerous shops, restaurants, pizzerias, bars, ice cream parlors, meet the painting artists or playing musicians.
- Lighthouse. It is located a few kilometers from the town and lights the gulf. This symbolic lighthouse was built in 1859 and is of 38 meter high.
- Palazzo La Porta. It is a seat for the Town Hall, built in the 19th century, which preserves some rooms with the ancient majolica floors and the paving with the local stone in the atrium. Behind the palace is located wonderful garden, which in summer hosts exhibitions and cultural events.
- Piano di Sopra. From this place you can see a wonderful view of the village, the beach, Monte Monaco and the Faro.
- Sanctuary of San Vito lo Capo (Santuario di San Vito), Piazza Santuario, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo. Harmony of the different civil, military and religious elements merged into the one building makes it more like to the fortress. Also, there is attached a Museum. From the terrace opens a superb panorama.
- Sanctuary square (Piazza Santuario). The heart of the town is represented by the beautiful Piazza Santuario, which together with Via Savoia is a favorite destination for tourists.
- Torrazzo tower. (situated near the port). It is a small tower of Arab origin, which in the future could become the seat of an anthropological museum.
- Monte Cofano nature reserve is located in the north-western part of the Trapani coast. It is one of the most beautiful natural corners of Sicily. There are situated towers of San Giovanni and of the Tonnara, which were fortifications to defend the Sicilian coasts. Near Custonaci, there are many quarries and caves, which are dating back to the Upper Paleolithic period. Among these is cave Mangiapane (grotta Mangiapane), which takes its name from the family, who lived there. The cave has an opening of about 80m and depth of 70m. Over the years several typical houses have been situated there, as stables or even a chapel.
- Monte Monaco itinerary. Monte Monaco is geographically located on the northern part of San Vito lo Capo and is well known for its cliffs and rock faces. Its height is 530 meters. The path length to reach it is about 3 Km. For those who like some trekking there are two possible routes to follow: a dirty road, that reaches the summit and wilder and less practiced path arranged by specific signs. Near the top there are the remains of a disused marble quarry and halfway through you will begin to glimpse a large cross, that will show you the point of arrival. Who reaches the peak is rewarded by a magnificent view of San Vito Lo Capo.
- Zingaro nature reserve will surround you into the unreal paradise. The steep slopes plunge into the sea, merge with the enchanting bays covered by white pebble. Cala dell'Uzzo or Tonnarella astonish by emerald green and crystal clear waters. They are intimate, solitary, less crowded corners of this pristine coast. Also, there exist other bays such as Cala Capreria, Marinella, Beretta, Varo, Disa or Zingaro.
- Beach and the sea of San Vito Lo Capo. The place which suites to relax, have fun and enjoy a splendid seascape. The beach is a natural paradise with its clear waters and white sand suitable for the rest of families with children. edit
- Boat tours, Hippocampus Sea Services, Via Faro, San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 338 612 5140, . There are more companies organizing the tours. edit
- Climbing. Monte Monaco is possible to practice for the climbing. edit
- Cous Cous Fest, Via Savoia, 57, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 092 397 4300 ([email protected]), . edit
- Diving, Center Under Hundred, Via Faro, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 339 877 6555, . There are more diving centers in this area. edit
- Events, . edit
- International Kite Festival (Festival Internazionale degli Aquiloni), Via Faro, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 800 858 403, . edit
- Sailing & windsurfing, Scuola vela san vito lo capo, San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 340 462 6500 ([email protected]), . edit
- Walking. The territory is also rich in paths and routes of undoubted charm between of the Riserva dello Zingaro and Monte Cofano. So for those, who love walks or the most demanding routes, there is plenty for choice. edit
- Agorà, Piazza Marinella, San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 392 211 5037, . Restaurant edit
- Assoccucc’e, Via Dante Alighieri, 9, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 380 528 980. Restaurant edit
- Feluca, Via Duca degli Abruzzi, 52, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 320 844 4554. Restaurant edit
- KM, Via la Goulette, 7, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 092 397 4415 ([email protected]), . Restaurant-Hotel edit
- Mare Blu, Via Dante Alighieri, 39, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 389 790 3061. Restaurant edit
- Peppi, Via del Secco, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 340 274 7718 ([email protected]), . Center of Fast Food. edit
- Eighteen Hours, Via Savoia, 4, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 349 214 3898. Bar edit
- Il gabbiano di lo iacono, Via Generale Arimondi, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 324 057 5241. Ice cream Bar edit
- Lopana, Via Dogana, 11, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 339 525 0855. Pub - Eat & Drink edit
- Minaudo, Via Gioacchino Amico, 12/14, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo. Ice cream Bar edit
- Athena, Via la Piana, 47, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 092 362 1091 ([email protected]), . B&B edit
- Baglio Cusenza, Via Savoia, San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 320 375 7439 ([email protected]), . B&B edit
- Blu, Via Savoia, 115, San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 092 362 1085 ([email protected]), . Vacation house edit
- Soleado, Via del Secco, 40, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 092 397 2166 ([email protected]), . Camping edit
- Virginia, Contrada Sauci Piccolo, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 338 570 0495 ([email protected]), . Villa edit
- Zingaro, Via Cristoforo Colombo, 51, 91010 San Vito Lo Capo, ☎ +39 092 362 1495 ([email protected]), . Hotel edit
West side of Capo:
- Oriented Nature Reserve Mount Cofano (Riserva Naturale Orientata Monte Cofano) 
- Castelluzzo. It is a small village, which name is linked to the small castle dominating over the village. Castelluzzo can be defined as the valley of the olive trees, is developed on the sides of a long avenue of olive trees, in the middle of which a square opens up with a small church. The square is related to events, shows and concerts, which are often organized.
- Macari. It is quiet village overlooking the Gulf of Macari. The view is magnificent, the sunset is unforgettable, the only sound you can hear is the song of birds and cicadas. Village is known for the Cala del Bue Marino and beaches. The famous Caletta del Bue Marino is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Trapani area. Bay Santa Margherita can be reached in a few minutes by car. There faces very spectacular cliff Macari.
- Cala Calazza beach
- Macari Beach at the bay Bruca (Spiaggia di Màcari). It has a stony beach.
- Isulidda watchtower (Torre Isulidda).
- Chapel of Santa Crescenzia (Cappella di Santa Crescenzia). It was built in Moorish style in the 13th century.
- Cave Cavalli (Grotta dei Cavalli)
- Bay Rossa (Cala Rossa)
East side of Capo:
- Watchtower Usciere (Torre dell'Usciere)
- Tonnara del Secco. Traditional fishing system for catching tuna on the shore, consisting of buildings and arrangements for the nets.
- Watchtower Impiso (Torre dell'Impiso)
- Oriented Nature Reserve of the Zingaro and museum (Riserva Naturale Orientata dello Zingaro)
- Cave Mastro Peppe Siino (Grotte di Mastro Peppe Siino)
- Watchtower Uzzo (Torre dell'Uzzo)
- Cave Uzzo (Grotta dell'Uzzo)
- Bay Marinella (Cala Marinella)