Melaque/San Patricio/Villa Obregon is a conurbation of three villages in Jalisco that is the largest thing between Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo.
Slightly over an hour by bus from Manzanillo to the south. About four hours by bus from Puerto Vallarta to the north.
The Playa. The main square. The plastic market.
- Día de San Patricio, Downtown. The town referred to as Melaque, is actually three towns seamlessly joined together: Melaque, Villa Obregón, and San Patricio. St. Patrick is the patron saint of San Patricio as in many other towns in Mexico. They all have a Saint Patrick's Day celebration but perhaps the biggest celebration is the Melaque, Jalisco, March 17 celebration. Festivities begin about a week prior with the Fiesta del Torros which includes rodeo events, bullfights, carnival, parades, blessing of the fishing fleet, folk dances, boxing matches, and nightly fireworks. edit
- Cesar's y Charlie's, Av. Gómez Farías (In the back of a shopping center next to Hotel Vista Hermosa and Hotel Monterrey). Good food at a great price. Right on the beach. Very friendly staff. Speak a little English. Good breakfast. (19°13.39'N,104°42.44'W) edit
- Hotel Santa Maria, Avenida Abel Salgado Velazco #85, ☎ (315) 355-5677. US$26, $390/month. edit
- Hotel Vista Hermosa, Gómez Farías No.23 Zona Hotelera, ☎ 011 52 (315)-355-5002, . Located in Melaque bay, famous for it's 5 mile long beach, fantastic fishing and beautiful water, you and your family will have many activities to choose from. Your comfort comes first for our management and staff. We want to set an impression. We want you to visit us again. edit
- Bungalows Azteca, Avenida Abel Salgado No. 90, ☎ 315.355.5150. edit
- Club Nautico El Dorado, Avenida Valentin Gomez Farias No. 1, ☎ 315.355.5239. edit
Walk down the beach to Barra de Navidad or across the northern headland to Cuastecomates.