San Clemente is a city in at the beach in Orange County in Southern California.
- San Clemente is located about halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego of Interstate 5, which has 7 exits in the city.
- The nearest airport is John Wayne Airport, 25 miles north of San Clemente. Further airports include LAX and San Diego International.
- The San Clemente Pier is where you can see all the beach goers and surfers in the ocean while eating cool refreshing ice cream. It is a great place to be with friends and family, you can even sit at the end of the pier and fish right at the end.
- Good shops on Del Mar are: Hobbie surf shop-(which includes apparel from Roxy, Volcom, Hurley, Quicksilver etc.), Heavenly Couture, Rocket Fizz (candy store), Van Lipp & Carter, a unique made in Italy collection of designer jewelry and handbags shop,and many others!
- Pro Sports. For Professional sports near San Clemente there is, Hockey, The Anaheim Ducks, and The L.A Kings. For Football there is The San Diego Chargers. For Baseball there is The L.A Dodgers, and The Anaheim Angels. For soccer there is The L.A Galaxy. For Basketball there is The L.A Clippers, and The L.A Lakers. edit
The beach is the largest attraction in San Clemente. If you're artsy, there's usually a good exhibit going on at the Casa Romantica, former home of San Clemente founder Ole Hanson. Local teens tend to venture north to the Kaleidoscope or the Irvine Spectrum for entertainment, but the local movie theater, the Krikorian, is relatively cheap and well-run.
T street Beach, Riviera Beach, Calefia beach, and 1,000 Steps beach in Laguna are great beaches to go to
If you are a tourist, I would recommend going to Del Mar Street for great shopping, awesome resturants, and beautiful scenery. Every Sunday there is a Street Fair with people selling food, and many other cool finds.
Towards the end of Del Mar street, there is a local library next to the community center. Orange County library cards are accepted at the San Clemente library.
Photography is a common hobbie for those who dwell in San Clemente. Many choose to take pictures of the San Clemente Pier, Del Mar, Casa Romantica, and of course, San Clemetes beautiful beaches.
- Sports. If you are into sports you may like San Clemente. There are Hockey rinks, Soccer fields, baseball and softball dimonds, tennis courts, basketball courts, golf courses, pools for swimming and water polo, rugby fields, oceans to surf and swim, football fields, places to play lacross, and just open area for other sports. There are even more sports than that. If you are looking to exercise in or near San Clemente there are many places and things to do. In San Clemente their are tons of local gyms, and trails to hike and run..... edit
Avenida Del Mar street is the heart of Village San Clemente. There are a lot of charming shops, cafés, and restaurants on this historic stretch.
If you are looking to bring something for the kids, just stop in Petit Bonhomme. They have reasonable prices and they carry from infants up to size 16 for both boys and girls. If you are looking for a souvenir, they have adult and matching kid button up shirts boy the men and dresses for girls with all the local cities from San Clemente to Laguna Beach. For the older kids, there is Killer Dana for the sporty beachy wear and lots of cute stuff for the ladies at shops like Rascal's,Angel Wings and Bliss which is more upscale. There are a lot of stores with fun home décor items like Christopher Lee Ltd. They carry beautiful items. Visit Russel’s Stationary for your souvenirs like shells and shirts and lots of other items. There are a lot of cute antique stores up and down Del Mar that you should at least poke into.
They even have ice cream and sandwiches.
Right next door is Auntie Dee’s Jerky Store. They have all sorts of goodies including vegan beef jerky.
Surfing and swiming is very easy because of the nice easy waves in San Clemente. They have swiming lessons at the Ole Hanson and also surf lessons at the peir.Surfing and swiming is a great way to spend your time.
In the local hills there are many great tracks to hike and bike. The bike that is preferaly used is a mountain bike. Make sure to bring lots of water and food. Also make sure to bring a map so that you won't get lost.
There are a variety of local restaurants that are fairly priced and simply delicious.
- The Beach Garden Cafe -- Great breakfast and lunch place across from the pier
- Antonio's -- Great breakfasts on Camino Real in the heart of the village.
- The Fisherman -- For good seafood in the best location in town on the pier. Expect a bit of a wait in summer.
- Enne Cucina Italiana -- For the best Italian food in south Orange County, in Talega's Shopping Center.
- Iva Lee's -- For San Clemente's take on Cajun cuisine, El Camino Real just north of Palizada.
- Taka-o - For a Japanese Restaurant (including Sushi) with family recipes. 425 N El Camino Real - 949-498-7111
- Wahoo's Fish Taco - For some of the best grilled Fish Tacos in town. 641 Camino De Los Mares - 949-487-6995 ask for Roberto.
- Tina & Vince's -- Italian deli with great pizza and homemade specialties, on Del Mar.
- Larocco's Pizza - The best Brooklyn style pizza in town - 113 S El Camino Real - 949-366-8890
- Thai Palace - Great flavors and lunch deals - 1021 Avenida Pico - 949-369-1819
- Pedro's Tacos -- For the best burritos in town, on Camino Real. (2 Locations, one on N. El Camino Real .. one on S El Camino Real)
- La Siesta, El Camino Real
- Mongkut Thai, Avenida Del Mar
- Del Mar Sushi, Avenida Del Mar
- Sonny’s Pizza, Corner of Palizada and El Camino Real.
- Carbonara’s Trattoria, Avenida Del Mar -- Warm friendly service, great food and family atmosphere makes it a San Clemente locals' favorite for Italian food.
- Schmid's Fine Chocolates Avenida Del Mar -- For dessert, chocolate dipped strawberries or a special treat.
- The Vine, El Camino Real. edit
resturants : good resturants in San Clemente would include South of Nicks, Romono's, Nicks, Guicho's, and Selma's.
Going to the beach in the summer is awesome because the weather is perfect! Also, at Calefia, Riviera, Tstreet, and The Pier, there are snack bars so you are able to get snacks, drinks, icecream, candy, etc..
- Rocket Fizz. Rocket Fizz has a great variety of candy and drinks. This store is a great attraction for vacationers and other members of San Clemente. Selmas sells chicago pizza and is a great place to have a date or party. Its has a devine menu from spicy to sweet and has great service. There are many surf shops in San Clemente selling surfboard and beach clothes including:Roxy, Volcom, Hurley, Quicksilver etc. edit
- FOOD, Mission Viejo 28782 Camino Capistrano Laguna Niguel, CA 92675 , 25802 El Paseo Ave, Mission Viejo. One good coffee shop in San Clemente is Starbucks, They have a variaty of food other things along with some of the best coffee and frapichino's. One of the best burger places ever near San Clemente is In-N-Out which you can find in Mission Viejo 28782 Camino Capistrano Laguna Niguel, CA 92675, They are a very original resturaunt and have some of the best burgers. Also near San Clemente is one of the best Doughnut shops ever, Krispy Kreme doughnut shop found in 25802 El Paseo Ave, Mission Viejo. edit
Molly Blooms Irish Bar,
Oles Tavern (sports bar),
The Cellar (wine bar)
- the best way to get in to san clemete take a plane to John Wane
- then drive to San Clemente
- While your in San Clemente you should go down on del mar and go to
rocket fizz. going beach and surfing is a great thing to.
- go to T-street, the hole, or the peir . you should should really check out
the San Clemente pier or the peir.
*Some fun things to do are surf or shop on del mar
- there is a wide verity of shops on del mar such as jacks surf shop, saloon biju, el ranchito, hobie, selmas pizza. For all the skaters go to ralphes skate park. There are also a lot of
- There are a few sports restaurants such as OC tavern and Pizza Port.
- More great things to do are go to the boys and girls club
- San Clemente is a great place to go down hang cool place to eat called "the brick" where you go in and they give a plateand some toppings and give it to them and they cook it in the oven and then
with your friends grab some pizza and go surf some waves. There is a realy
they bring it to you and you can eat it.
- For your kids there are a few parks:
talega park, Red Barn Park, Pirate Park, Lida Lane Park, ole hanson park,
Liberty Park, Marble Head park, San Clemetene Aquatics Center.
- Best Western Casablanca Inn, 1601 N El Camino Real, ☎ +1 949 361-1644 (fax: +1 949 361-3825), . edit
- Comfort Suites, 3701 S. El Camino Real, ☎ +1 949 361-6600, . edit
- Country Plaza Inn, 35 Via Pico Plaza,, ☎ +1 800 874-0860 ([email protected], fax: +1 949 498-4840), . edit
- Days Inn, 1301 North El Camino Real, +1 949-361-0636, .
- Hampton Inn and Suites San Clemente, 2481 S.El Camino Real, San Clemente, CA 92672, ☎ +1 800-308-5306 (fax: +1 949 366-1030), . checkin: 3:00PM; checkout: 11:00AM. edit
- Holiday Inn Express, 35 Via Pico Plaza, ☎ +1 949 498-8800 ([email protected]), . edit
- Casa Tropicana Boutique Beach Front Inn, 610 Avenida Victoria, at the pier (Avenida Del Mar to the pier), ☎ (800)492-1245, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11:30AM. Overlooking the sun-drenched sands of the dazzling Southern California Coast, Casa Tropicana invites you to experience a one-of-a-kind space that partners gracious scope and exceptional comfort with accommodating details and design. Spanish-inspired architecture, ocean views, stylish comfortable decor, thoughtful amenities and at the pier, beach and sand in San Clemente, Orange County, CA. Casa Tropicana…not just a San Clemente address, a California state of mind. Voted “Best of Orange County“-O.C. Register "Best of San Clemente" People's Choice, SC Times, Gold Medal Winner "Stylish, Beach-Inspired"-Sunset Magazine $225.-$475.. edit
|Routes through San Clemente