Sławków (Swav-koov) is a town in Silesian Voivodeship. It's one of the oldest towns of Zagłębie Dąbrowskie region.
From early 12 to 17 century Sławków was a rich city based on mining. It was so prominent that cities as Krakow had streets named after Sławków (Sławkowska street). From 1279 to 1787 the town was a Bishops of Krakow property (Klucz Slawkowski).
Katowice Airport is located only 36 km from the town. It offers many destinations as :
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryanair: Athens, Birmingham, Bologna,Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Goteborg, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Milan-Bergamo. Odessa, Paphos, Sanderfjord
- Transavia: Amsterdam
- Wizz Air: Alesund, Athens, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Dortmund, Dubai- Al Maktoum, Eindhoven, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan-Bergamo, Sanderfjord, Reykjavik-Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavista, Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South
seasonal: Alghero, Bari, Bologna, Burgas, Castellón, Fuerteventura, Glasgow, Faro, Lisbon, Malaga, Naples, Podgorica, Porto, Santander, Split
There're trains from Katowice and other Silesian Voivodeship cities. The main railway building is a lovely manor-like house.
There're buses from Katowice, Dąbrowa Górnicza, Olkusz or Będzin stopping in Slawków. There're also place to place buses from Berlin, Munich, Vienna, Prague, Ostrava and Brno that stop in Slawków. You can check their timetables on E-Podroznik site.
Sławków is located on DK94.
Via Regia- a part of Camino de Santiago crosses Sławków.
- castle ruins. The castle was built between 1280 and 1283 by bishop Paweł z Przemkowa. The castle was abandoned in 16 century when the new residence was built ( so called Lamus).
- Lamus.(Staropocztowa street) A 16 century residency, rebuilt in 18 century.
- Holy Cross Elevation church. Church built in 13 century, rebuilt in 15, 18 and 19 centuries. There's a beautiful interior.
- Regional Museum (Muzeum Regionalne). Small museum with historical exhibition
- Market place. Tiny marketplace with old town hall, well and a 18 century inn called Austeria
- St.Jacob's church. A tiny church founded in 1827.
- St.Mark's church. Another tiny church from 19 century, located on town cemetery
- Saint Rosalie chapel (Wrocławska street). A chapel from 1536, renewed in 1630 where miners used to pray.
- house on Kościelna street 14. A house founded in 1758 by bishop Andrzej Załuski. Astronomer and Copernicus' works translator-Jan Baranowski was born there.
- synagogue(Biskupia 10). A tiny building which headed a synagogue till German Nazi occupation.
- old barns. A group of 18 century barns located on Haller street.
- Kiliński street. A street full of 18/19 century arcade houses
- Jewish Cemetery. A cemetery located on E40 way with some well-preserved graves
- Kabania and Walcownia streets. A streets located in nature, among meadows and Biała Przemsza river, not far from castle ruins.
- Forest chapel. A tiny chapel in the woods located on Krakowska street 107
- Biała Przemsza river is ideal for canoeing. There's a rental possibility. You can also rest on the river but swimming is forbidden.
- Stadnina Tabun offers horse riding
- Town Library and Town Culture House organize many different events as art exhibitions, live concerts, meetings with famous people and local artists etc.
- There're many trails as Szlak Szwajcarii Zagłębiowskiej.
- Zajazd Pasja, Wrocławska 68. edit An object near DK94, garden, terrace, restaurant, WiFi
- Youth Hostel (SSM Sławków), Niwa 45. edit Youth hostel with recreation center, sport equipment rental, bonfire place, shared and private bathrooms.
- Dąbrowa Górnicza — The town has borders with districts of Okradzionów, Łosień, Łęka, Błędów and Strzemieszyce.
- Sosnowiec — Two districts- Ostrowy Górnicze and Kazimierz Górniczy have a a border with Sławków. The districts are famous by Leśna Park, Miners' Club and Sacred Blood and Body church.
- Niegowonice — Village famous by Skałki rock formations
- Siewierz — Small town with castle ruins
- Ogrodzieniec — Place of one of the most famous Polish castle ruins
- Krzykawka — A village famous by January Uprising Krzykawka battle in which Italian volunteers used to take part in.
- Bukowno — A beautiful nature place
- Bolesław — A place with a beautiful old church
- Olkusz — An old city with Rabsztyn castle ruins.