Ryczów (Ree-tschoov) is a small village in Silesian Voivodeship, in Jura Mountains.
The best way to get there is take a bus from Ogrodzieniec. There're also place to place buses from Berlin, Munich, Prague, Ostrava, Brno, Olomouc and Vienna stopping in Ryczów. Their timetables are available on E-Podroznik sire.
- The watchtower ruins. The watchtower was built on high limestone rock in 14 by Polish King Casmi The Great. It was destructed and abandoned in 15 century.
- Straszykowa Góra.A high forested mountain with limestone rocks formations. Visting Ruskie Góry Nature Reserve is forbidden for tourists.
- Szczebel and Brzuchacka Skała. Two interesting rock formations.
- Memorial. A small monument near primary school commemorating 16 village males killed by German Nazi in 1944.
- caves There're many caves in Ryczów. Some are good for amateurs and beginners although they're not so easy to explore as those in Wodąca Valley, Pilica:
- Jaskinia w Straszykowej Górze — First parts of the cave are very bright but in another ones head torch is required. The cave interior has
- Jaskinia z Kominem — A cave on Straszykowa Góra, the cave is very narrow.
Caves for intermediate and professional speleologist:
- Jaskinia w Zamczysku — A beautiful cave near Straszykowa Góra, using a rope required
- Jaskinia Cieseńć — A beautiful cave located in the hill near Hucisko Ryczowskie colony. Some corridors're very narrow, using a rope required. Visiting the cave is available after contacting Ogrodzieniec Community (Gmina Ogrodzieniec) before.
Ryczów is popular destination among rock climbers and speleologist. You can also get rest near watchtower ruins.
- Pod Strzechą, Basztowa 33. edit Guest rooms in the village center.
- Pod Babią Górą, Leśna 7. edit Guest rooms, camper and tent pitching area.