Rushden is a town in Northamptonshire. It forms single urban area with the neighbouring town of Higham Ferrers. Neighbouring villages include Irchester, Wymington, Podington and Stanwick. Rushden is the fifth largest town in Northamptonshire and the largest town in the district of East Northamptonshire. Rushden and the surrounding area is informally known as Rushdenshire.
St Mary's Church, Rushden
Rushden is a medium sized town in Northamptonshire. The traditional industry in the area was shoe and boot making.
- A6 -> now by passes the town and provides access to Bedford to the south and Kettering to the north
- M1 Northampton -> 10 miles away on A45
Parking is free in most town centre car parks. 
The nearest station is as follows:
Located just over five miles from the centre of Rushden - it takes 10-15 minutes by car. The taxi fare is around £10. 
Destinations include London, Luton, Bedford, Leicester, Corby and Kettering.
If travelling from Wellingborough station to Rushden by bus, you will need to walk along Midland Road towards the town centre until you arrive at the bus stop outside the main post office. The X46 or X47 (destination Raunds for both services)leaves from stop F  as does service 16 which terminates at Rushden.
If travelling to or from London it is cheaper to via Bedford.
Located about thirteen miles south of Rushden - it takes 20-25 minutes by car. As well as inter-city services, there are also local services to places such Flitwick, St Albans, Harpenden, Lidlington and Bletchley.
If travelling to Bedford by bus, you will need to catch the Stagecoach number 50 service. The first bus of the day (Mondays to Saturdays leaves at 6.10am - you catch the bus on High Street South (outside Taylor Griffin estate agent) and it will arrive at Bedford railway station at 7.05 am and Bedford bus station at 7.10. Subsequent services terminate at Bedford bus station but do not stop at the railway station. However, it is only a ten minute walk between the two.
The nearest airports are as follows, with distances and approximate journey time road:
London Luton 45 miles 1 hour;
Birmingham 60 miles 1 hr 15 mins;
East Midlands 65 miles 1 hr 15 mins;
London Stansted 70 miles 1 hr 30 mins;
London Heathrow 75 miles 1 hr 30 mins;
London Gatwick 110 miles 2 hours
The main bus interchange is at Skinners Hill. (https://bustimes.org.uk/stops/300000304S) (https://bustimes.org.uk/stops/300000304SK). This located near the southern of the High Street opposite the Wheatsheaf pub. From here you can catch a bus to Irchester (16) Wellingborough (X46 and X47) Kettering (49 and 50) and Northampton (X46 and X47). If you are travelling to Sharnbrook or Bedford you will need to catch the bus on the opposite side of the road outside Taylor Griffin estate agents (https://bustimes.org.uk/stops/300000304WH).
The main destinations served by direct buses from Rushden are given below. Bus number(s) shown in brackets.
Burton Latimer(49, 50)
Earls Barton (X46, X47)
Finedon (49, 50)
Higham Ferrers (49, 50)
Irthlingborough (49, 50)
Kettering (49, 50)
Northampton (X46, X47)
Raunds (X46 and X47)
Rushden Lakes (X46, X47, 49, 50)
Stanwick (X46, X47)
Wellingborough (14, X46, X47)
Wicksteed Park (49, 50)
Museums and Heritage
- Rushden Museum  Located in Rushden Hall Park, open in the summer at weekends.
- Rushden Historic Transport Museum  Located in the preserved Rushden railway station, there are numerous transport displays. Also houses a real ale bar. The railway line will shortly be extended to Higham Ferrers.
- Rushden Hall Historic house, HQ of town council and sometimes open for exhibitions. Rooms available for hire for weddings and other events.
- St Mary's Church A beautiful medieval church with a 200 foot tall spire located in the centre of Rushden
- Chichele College  A medieval college now in ruins. It is located in the adjoining town of Higham Ferrers. It is owned by English Heritage. Free entrance.
- Santa Pod  A racetrack which is in the nearby village of Podington to the south.
Parks and nature
- Rushden Hall Park Located near to the town centre, as well as Rushden Hall and Rushden Museum, it has a children's playground, a small stream with woods and many tree lined paths. In the summer, it hosts numerous free concerts.
- Irchester Park  A large country park in the nearby village of Irchester.
- Rushden-Higham Pocket Park A wildlife haven along the site of a disused railway.
- Stanwick Lakes  An adventure playground and wildlife centre in the nearby village of Stanwick.
- Jubilee Park Situated in the south of Rushden includes a skateboarding ramp.
- Spencer Park Located just north of Rushden town centre includes a small stream and children's playground.
- Splash Leisure Pool The Splash Leisure Pool in Rushden offers great fun for all the family. Facilities include: 25 metre pool, Beach pool with water features including jacuzzi, flume, teaching pool and a cafe. 
- Wacky Warehouse Indoor play area for children, located in the Needle & Awl pub in Northampton Road. 
- Santa Pod A racetrack which is in the nearby village of Podington to the south. 
- The Pemberton Centre - a leisure and conference centre which has a wide range of sports facilities for all the family within its multi-purpose sports hall and squash court plus the dance studio and Aspirations gym.
- Cineworld - multiplex cinema, West Terrace, Rushden Lakes, 
- Paradise Island - West Terrace, Rushden Lakes - indoor crazy golf course 
- 360 Play - West Terrace, Rushden Lakes - 
- Rock Up- West Terrace, Rushden Lakes - 
- AFC Rushden and Diamonds Football Club - formed in 2011 following the demise of the original Rushden and Diamonds.
- Rushden and Higham Football Club Hayden Road, Rushden, NN10 0HX. (01933 410036). They play in Division One of the United Counties League.
- Rushden and Higham Rugby Club play at Manor Park, Bedford Road, Rushden, NN10 0AS. (01933 312071)
- Rushden Town Bowling Club 144 Northampton Road, Rushden, NN10 6AN. (01933 312680)
- Rushden Town Cricket Club Short Stocks, Rushden, NN10 0AB. (01933 353522)
Rushden has a long High Street which has a mixture of both independent retailers plus chain stores.
- Osborne's Traditional toy shop said to be the oldest in the county.
- Rushden Music Independent business selling musical instruments.
- Sherwood Antiques Old fashioned antique shop situated in Little Street about 5-10 minutes walk from the town centre.
- Several chain stores including Boots, WHSmith, Asda, Iceland, Wilko in the town centre.
Higham Ferrers also has its own High Street with a small selection of mainly independent retailers.
- Out of town stores located just off the Northampton Road include Wickes, Lidl, Waitrose, Pets at Home which also has a large non food section i.e. John Lewis items.
Rushden Lakes is a large out of town shopping centre located on the northern outskirts of Rushden. Retailers include Primark, Marks and Spencer, House of Fraser, Next. 
Rushden has a large number of supermarkets
In and around the town centre:
- Tesco Express
- Sainsburys Local
In the north of town:
- Thainn - 26 High Street South, Rushden, NN10 0QX. (01933 313248) 
- The Curry Garden - 24 Church Street, Rushden, NN10 9YT. (01933 314121)
- Teza - 24 High Street South, Rushden, NN10 0QX. (01933 353555)
- Cafe Bangla - 86 High Street, Rushden, NN10 0PQ. (01933 411994)
- Buddies USA Located on the A45 eastbound, Rushden, NN10 6AP. (01933 410470) 
- Pizzeria Venezia Italian - 28 Church Street, Rushden, NN10 9YT. (01933 317443)
- Wheatsheaf Inn, 1 High Street South, Rushden, NN10 0QU. 01933 312214.
- Rose and Crown, 73 High Street, Rushden, NN10 0QE. 01933 312124 
- Railway Inn, 143 High Street, NN10 0PA. 01933 414990 
- Needle & Awl Northampton Road, Rushden,
- The Compasses High Street South, Rushden,
- The Carriage House 13 Market Street, Higham Ferrers, NN10 8DJ. 01933 314769 
- King Edward VII Inn Market Square, Higham Ferrers, NN10
- Travelodge Located on the A45 eastbound, Rushden, NN10 6AP 
- Green Dragon 4 College Street,Higham Ferrers 
- Sharnbrook Hotel - on the A6 about 5 miles south of Rushden 
- Wicksteed Park  large theme park in Kettering (8 miles north) aimed for young children
- Rockingham Castle  medieval castle in the village of Rockingham near Corby - hosts several events throughout the year
- Kirby Hall English Heritage property near Corby, vast mansion with gardens, famous for its peacocks
- Lyveden New Bield  National Trust property near Oundle
Towns and cities
- Cambridge, 40 miles to the east of Rushden is one of England's most famous academic cities, many historic colleges, punting on the River Cam is a popular pastime. About an hour by car.
- Northampton about 13 miles west, county town, modern cathedral
- Milton Keynes about 18 miles south west, famous for a huge shopping centre and concrete cows
- Peterborough about 28 miles away, famous medieval cathedral, large shopping centre, Nene Valley railway, Flag fen bronze age excavation site
- Bedford about 13 miles south, famous for its association with the writer John Bunyan
- London about an hour away by train from Bedford or Wellingborough stations.