Ruda Śląska (pronounced: [ˈruda ˈɕlɔ̃ska]]]) - city located in the south of Poland in the Slaskie voidship. A county capital neighbouring Katowice, and a mining and industrial region.
The Katowice-Pyrzowice airport in Pyrzowice 36 km from Ruda Śląska) is an airport for domestic and European flights to following cities:
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryaniar: Athens, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Goteborg, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Milan-Bergamo, Odessa, Oslo-Sanderfjord, Paphos
- Transavia: Amsterdam
- Wizz Air: Alesund, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Dortmund, Dubai-Al Maktoum, Eindhoven, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan-Bergamo, Sanderfjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavista, Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South
seasonal: Alghero, Athens, Bari, Bologna, Burgas, Castellón, Fuerteventura, Glasgow, Lisbon, Malaga, Naples, Podgorica, Porto, Santander, Split
There're connections between different regional cities.
There're buses from different Austrian, German or Czech cities stopping in Ruda Śląska, you can check their timetable on E-Podroznik site.
The main approaches to Ruda Śląska are:
- from Cracow on the A-4 motorway; Ruda Śląska is about 80 km westward of Cracow
- from Wroclaw on the A-4 motorway; Ruda Śląska is about 160 km eastward of Wroclaw
- from Zgorzelec (on the western border) on the E-40 European main road; Ruda Śląska is about 240 km east of Zgorzelec
- Knight's castle ruins. Ruins of 13 century castle located near Górnośląska street. There're small ponds and Kochłówka river nearby.
- Smrodlok pond. A lovely pond in the forest located near Goduli street.
- Kokotek pond. Nice pond in Chebzie district.
- Glombik pond. A beautiful pond near Smrodlok pond.
- America pond. Lovely pond near DTŚ way.
- Martin's pond (Staw Marcina in Polish). A big and nice pond near America Pond.
- Manor house in Halemba. Manor house was built in 18 century by Von Donnersmack family. Now it heads a library. There's a Jesus the Merciful mural on nearby block of flat.
- John The Baptist Decapitation church (Polish: Kościół Ścięcia św.Jana Chrzciciela). Beautiful neogothic church from the end of 19 century.
- Saint Joseph's church (Polish: Kościół św. Józefa) Neoromanesque church from beginning of 20 century with beautiful interior. There're Von Ballesterm family members buried here.
- Saint Paul's church (Plac Jana Pawła II). Big neoromanesque church from beginning of 20 century. There's a beautiful interior.
- Saint Michael the Archangel church (Polish: Kościół św. Michała Archanioła). Beautiful church from beginning of 20 century located in Orzegów district. There's a beautiful interior.
- Holy Trinity church (Polish: Kościół Trójcy Przenajświętszej). Beautiful church from beginning of 20 century, located in Kochłowice district.
- Our Lady of Lourdes church. Beautiful church from 1806 located in Kochłowice district.
- Saint Laurence church (Polish: Kościół św. Wawrzyńca). Beautiful eclectic church from 1907-1909 located in Wirek district.
- Saint Andrew Bobola church (Wyzwolenia 215). Contemporary church with beautiful stain glass in presbytery.
- Saint Mary Magdalene church (Księdza Józefa Niedzieli). Neogothic church from 1883.
- Our Lady of Rosary church (1 Maja). Eclectic church from 1889-90 in Halemba district. There's a beautiful interior.
- Holy Cross Elevation church (Kochłowicka 6). Church with beautiful stain glasses. It's located near woods.
- Christmas church (Leśna 37). Beautiful contemporary church with a beautiful interior.
- Lutheran church (1 Maja 291). Beautiful neogothic church
- Abandoned stone pit ( Polish: Kamieniołom). An object located in Orzegów district. There's a small pond inside.
- Ficinus Workers' Colony (Kubiny street). A group of villas built in 1867 for Gottessegen Coal Mine (Nowaday Pokój Coal Mine). It's located in district of Wirek.
- Kaufhaus Workers' Colony. Workers' colony located in Nowy Bytom district
- City Museum (Wolności 26) Museum with mining and regional exhibition
- Chebzie railway station. Renewed train station with cafe.
- People Republic of Poland Museum (Polish: Muzeum PRL-u). Museum dedicated to everyday living during PRL period.
- Workers' Colony. A lovely workers' colony located on Styczyńskiego, Nowobytomska and Szafranka streets.
- Hofrichter workers' colony. Workers' colony from beginning of 20 century on Goduli, Nowaka, Kolbego and Czereśniowa streets
- Carl Emanuel workers' colony. Beautiful workers' colony from 1909-22 on Wolności and Raciborska streets
- Neubau Workers' Colony. Palace-like workers' colony from 1902-04 on Chorzowska, Krasickiego and Furgoła streets
- Sobieskiego street. Street with lovely Rudahammer workers' colony
- Parkowa and Radoszowska streets. Streets with old workers' colonies
- Wolności, Szafranka, Nowobytomska, Styczyńskiego, Staszica, Wojska Polskiego and Kościelna streets. Streets with fairytale-like workers' colonies buildings
- Villa Florianka A beautiful villa from 1905, now heading a restaurant.
- Saint Joseph's chapel. Brick chapel from 1909 located on Kaczmarka street.
- Swedish chapel, a tiny chapel located on Kokota street, near A4 motorway. According to the legend, Swedish soldiers participating in Thirty Years' War were buried here.
- Andrzej Well (Anotniego Nowary). A beautiful well from 1870.
- Water Tower (Chorzowska). Water tower from 1900
- Franiciszek Well (Marii Konopnickiej). Well from the end of 19 century.
- Cinema City - Ruda Śląska Plaza , 310 1-go Maja Street modern multiplex type cinema with 8 screens.
Culture House  and Culture Center  organize different events like live concerts and art exhibitions. There's a Silesian amateur and naive art collection called Barwy Śląska (Colors of Silesia} .
There're open air swimming pools in Nowy Bytom district. There's also a water park- Aquadrom.
- hotel Adria, Wolności 1. edit Hotel located 5 km from the city center, free WiFi, restaurant
- Apartamenty Jaskinia Solna, Ks.L.Tunkla 32. edit Apartments located 3 km from the city center, free WiFi, shared bathroom
- Malinowy Dwór, Radoszowska 4c. edit Object located 5 km from the city center, free WiFi, restaurant, car rental
- Inter-Stop, Chłopska 1. edit Guest rooms located 3 km from the city center, free WiFi
- Gościniec B, Kalinowa 11. edit Guesthouse located 6 km from the city center, WiFi
- hostel Rudzki, Kokotek 58. edit Hostel located 2 km from the city center, WiFi, air conditioned rooms
- Restauracja- Zajazd Parkowa, Sportowców 29. edit An accommodation object located in the park, bar and restaurant
- Maryla, Kałusa 9. edit Guest rooms in Wirek district
- Guest Rooms, Oświęcimska 89. edit Guest rooms in Kochłowice district, free WiFi, terrace, barbecue facilities
- Katowice — Capital city of Silesian Voivodeship
- Chorzów — Beautiful city near Katowice
- Świętochłowice — Interesting city with Silesian Uprisings museum
- Zabrze — City with old Guido coal mine.
- Bytom — Interesting Silesian city.
- Piekary Śląskie — One of the most famous sanctuaries in region.
- Mikołów — Old and lovely city.
- Chudów — Medieval castle ruins
- Rydułtowy — Place of the biggest European pile.
- Gliwice — Beautiful Silesian city.
- Knurów — Small town of beautiful St. Cyril and Methodius church