Ruda Śląska (pronounced: [ˈruda ˈɕlɔ̃ska]]]) - city located in the south of Poland in the Slaskie voidship. A county capital neighbouring Katowice, and a mining and industrial region.
The Katowice-Pyrzowice airport in Pyrzowice 36 km from Ruda Śląska) is an airport for domestic and European flights to following cities:
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin
seasonal: Burgas, Chania, Dubrovnik, Heraklion, Kos, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes, Split, Thessaloniki, Tirana, Zakynthos,
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt, Munich
- Ryaniar: Athens, Birmingham, Bologna, Brindisi, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Cork, Dortmund, Dublin, Edinburgh, Kherson, Kyiv-Boryspil, London-Stansted, Manchester, Milan-Bergamo, Odessa, Oslo-Sanderfjord, Paphos
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas
- Wizz Air: Abu Dhabi, Athens, Alesund, Barcelona, Bergen, Bristol, Catania, Cologne/Bonn, Doncaster/Sheffield, Dortmund, Eindhoven, Fuerteventura, Kharkiv, Kyiv-Zhuliany, Kutaisi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London-Luton, Lviv, Malmo, Malta, Milan-Bergamo, Sanderfjord, Reykjavik- Keflavik, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavista, Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion, Tenerife-South, Odessa
seasonal: Alghero, Burgas, Castellón, Malaga, Mykonos, Podgorica, Santander, Split, Palma de Mallorca
There're connections between different regional cities.
There're buses from different Austrian, German or Czech cities stopping in Ruda Śląska, you can check their timetable on E-Podroznik site.
The main approaches to Ruda Śląska are:
- from Cracow on the A-4 motorway; Ruda Śląska is about 80 km westward of Cracow
- from Wroclaw on the A-4 motorway; Ruda Śląska is about 160 km eastward of Wroclaw
- from Zgorzelec (on the western border) on the E-40 European main road; Ruda Śląska is about 240 km east of Zgorzelec
- Knight's castle ruins. Ruins of 13 century castle located near Górnośląska street. There're small ponds and Kochłówka river nearby.
- Smrodlok pond. A lovely pond in the forest located near Goduli street.
- Kokotek pond. Nice pond in Chebzie district.
- Glombik pond. A beautiful pond near Smrodlok pond.
- America pond. Lovely pond near DTŚ way.
- Martin's pond (Staw Marcina in Polish). A big and nice pond near America Pond.
- Manor house in Halemba. Manor house was built in 18 century by Von Donnersmack family. Now it heads a library. There's a Jesus the Merciful mural on nearby block of flat..
- City Museum (Wolności 26) Museum with mining and regional exhibition
- Chebzie railway station. Renewed train station with cafe.
- People Republic of Poland Museum (Polish: Muzeum PRL-u). Museum dedicated to everyday living during PRL period.
Churches and religious places
- John The Baptist Decapitation church (Polish: Kościół Ścięcia św.Jana Chrzciciela). Beautiful neogothic church from the end of 19 century.
- Saint Joseph's church (Polish: Kościół św. Józefa) Neoromanesque church from beginning of 20 century with beautiful interior. There're Von Ballesterm family members buried here.
- Saint Paul's church (Plac Jana Pawła II). Big neoromanesque church from beginning of 20 century. There's a beautiful interior.
- Saint Michael the Archangel church (Polish: Kościół św. Michała Archanioła). Beautiful church from beginning of 20 century located in Orzegów district. There's a beautiful interior.
- Holy Trinity church (Polish: Kościół Trójcy Przenajświętszej). Beautiful church from beginning of 20 century, located in Kochłowice district.
- Our Lady of Lourdes church. Beautiful church from 1806 located in Kochłowice district.
- Saint Laurence church (Polish: Kościół św. Wawrzyńca). Beautiful eclectic church from 1907-1909 located in Wirek district.
- Saint Andrew Bobola church (Wyzwolenia 215). Contemporary church with beautiful stain glass in presbytery.
- Saint Mary Magdalene church (Księdza Józefa Niedzieli). Neogothic church from 1883.
- Our Lady of Rosary church (1 Maja). Eclectic church from 1889-90 in Halemba district. There's a beautiful interior.
- Holy Cross Elevation church (Kochłowicka 6). Church with beautiful stain glasses. It's located near woods.
- Christmas church (Leśna 37). Beautiful contemporary church with a beautiful interior.
- Lutheran church (1 Maja 291). Beautiful neogothic church
- Saint Joseph's chapel. Brick chapel from 1909 located on Kaczmarka street.
- Swedish chapel, a tiny chapel located on Kokota street, near A4 motorway. According to the legend, Swedish soldiers participating in Thirty Years' War were buried here.
- Boża Męka Crosses (God's Suffering).located on Chryzantem street, near the swimming pool. There're another ones located" on Wirecka and Wyzwolenia streets crossroad, on Tunkla and Barbary streets crossroads (built in 1910), Goduli and Pawła streets crossroads, ks.Niedzieli and Górna streets (built in 1892 crossroad, Tołstoja and 1 Maja streets crossroads (built in 1891), Radoszowskiej and Łukasiewicza streets crossroads, Korfantego and Strumykowa crossroads, Wyzwolenia 179 street and Poniatowskiego street
- Tenement house chapel. Tiny house chapel located on Radoszowska and Młodzieżowa crossroads.
- Ficinus Workers' Colony (Kubiny street). A group of villas built in 1867 for Gottessegen Coal Mine (Nowaday Pokój Coal Mine). It's located in district of Wirek.
- Kaufhaus Workers' Colony. Workers' colony located in Nowy Bytom district
- Workers' Colony. A lovely workers' colony located on Styczyńskiego, Nowobytomska and Szafranka streets.
- Hofrichter workers' colony. Workers' colony from beginning of 20 century on Goduli, Nowaka, Kolbego and Czereśniowa streets
- Carl Emanuel workers' colony. Beautiful workers' colony from 1909-22 on Wolności and Raciborska streets
- Neubau Workers' Colony. Palace-like workers' colony from 1902-04 on Chorzowska, Krasickiego and Furgoła streets
- Sobieskiego street. Street with lovely Rudahammer workers' colony
- Parkowa and Radoszowska streets. Streets with old workers' colonies
- Wolności, Szafranka, Nowobytomska, Styczyńskiego, Staszica, Wojska Polskiego and Kościelna streets. Streets with fairytale-like workers' colonies buildings
- Villa Florianka A beautiful villa from 1905, now heading a restaurant
- Andrzej Well (Anotniego Nowary). A beautiful well from 1870.
- Water Tower (Chorzowska). Water tower from 1900
- Franiciszek Well (Marii Konopnickiej). Well from the end of 19 century.
- pile (hałda). Recultivated pile located in district of Wirek. There's also a great view point.
- Abandoned stone pit ( Polish: Kamieniołom). An object located in Orzegów district. There's a small pond inside.
- Cinema City - Ruda Śląska Plaza , 310 1-go Maja Street modern multiplex type cinema with 8 screens.
Culture House  and Culture Center  organize different events like live concerts and art exhibitions. There's a Silesian amateur and naive art collection called Barwy Śląska (Colors of Silesia} .
There're open air swimming pools in Nowy Bytom district. There's also a water park- Aquadrom. There're plenty of parks. Sobieskiego park has also a great view on old workers' colony houses.
- hotel Adria, Wolności 1. edit Hotel located 5 km from the city center, free WiFi, restaurant
- Apartamenty Jaskinia Solna, Ks.L.Tunkla 32. edit Apartments located 3 km from the city center, free WiFi, shared bathroom
- Malinowy Dwór, Radoszowska 4c. edit Object located 5 km from the city center, free WiFi, restaurant, car rental
- Inter-Stop, Chłopska 1. edit Guest rooms located 3 km from the city center, free WiFi
- Gościniec B, Kalinowa 11. edit Guesthouse located 6 km from the city center, WiFi
- hostel Rudzki, Kokotek 58. edit Hostel located 2 km from the city center, WiFi, air conditioned rooms
- Restauracja- Zajazd Parkowa, Sportowców 29. edit An accommodation object located in the park, bar and restaurant
- Maryla, Kałusa 9. edit Guest rooms in Wirek district
- Guest Rooms, Oświęcimska 89. edit Guest rooms in Kochłowice district, free WiFi, terrace, barbecue facilities
- hostel, Magazynowa 35. edit Object located 2 km from city center, shared and private bathrooms
- ABI Noclegi, Kalinowa 11. editObject located in Radoszowy district, mostly dedicated for workers, shared bathrooms
- Katowice — Capital city of Silesian Voivodeship
- Chorzów — Beautiful city near Katowice
- Świętochłowice — Interesting city with Silesian Uprisings museum
- Zabrze — City with old Guido coal mine.
- Bytom — Interesting Silesian city.
- Piekary Śląskie — One of the most famous sanctuaries in region.
- Mikołów — Old and lovely city.
- Chudów — Medieval castle ruins
- Rydułtowy — Place of the biggest European pile.
- Gliwice — Beautiful Silesian city.
- Knurów — Small town of beautiful St. Cyril and Methodius church