Rotherham is a town in South Yorkshire, England, near Sheffield. The urban area has a population of about 120,000.
Rotherham Visitor Centre is at 40 Bridgegate, . M-W 9:30am-5pm, Th 9.30am-1pm, F 9.30am-5pm, Sa 9:30am-1pm.
Rotherham is easily accessible by bus and train. The town has a large, recently refurbished bus interchange moments away from the main shopping and leisure precincts with connections to Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Chesterfield and the surrounding suburbs. The main train station is very small (only two platforms) and is located a short walk from the bus interchange and again has links to Sheffield, Doncaster, Cleethorpes, Hull, Lincoln, Huddersfield, Leeds and Bradford.
The best way to see the town centre is on foot given its size. Travel to the many suburbs and smaller townships of Rotherham can be achieved by the frequent and reliable First bus services. There are a range of taxi companies and a Hackney Taxi rank outside the bus interchange. Rotherham was rumoured to be connected to the Sheffield Supertram network but in 2007 this was quashed in favour of a rapid bus system that is currently in development.
- Clifton Park Museum, Clifton Lane, ☎ 01709 336633, . M-Th, Sa 10am-5pm, Su 1:30-4:30pm, F closed. The house was built in 1783. The museum includes local social and industrial history, archaeology, natural sciences, coins and medals and fine and decorative arts. Free. edit
- Rotherham Minster, Church Street, ☎ 01709 364737, . Much of the building dates from the 15th century. Some parts are from Saxon and Norman times. Formerly known as Rotherham All Saints’ Parish Church. edit
- Chapel of Our Lady on Rotherham Bridge. Built in 1483. Has been a chapel, almshouse, gaol, shop and is now a chapel again. edit
- York and Lancaster Regimental Museum, Arts Centre, Walker Place. M-Sa 9.30am-5pm, closed bank holidays. Free. edit
- Boston Castle, Boston Castle Grove. A square two-story building built as a shooting lodge by the Earl of Effingham. edit
- Magna Science Adventure Centre, Sheffield Road, Rotherham, S60 1DX (Take the M1, junction 33 if travelling from the south, junction 34 if travelling from the north), ☎ 01709 720002, . 10am-5pm. A hands-on science museum situated in a old steelworks. Adults £9.95, Children £7.95. edit
- Parkgate Shopping, Stadium Way, Rotherham, S60 1TG, . Parkgate Shopping is a retail park situated approximately 1 mile to the north of Rotherham town centre on the A633. It has an array of high street shops including Next, Marks & Spencer, HMV and Boots. There is also a large Morrisons supermarket.
- The Carlton Park Hotel, 102-104 Moorgate Road, Rotherham, S60 2BG Tel: +44 (0)1709 849955 
- The Elton House Hotel, Main Street, Bramley, Rotherham, S66 2SF Tel: +44 (0)1709 545681 
- Hellaby Hall Hotel, Old Hellaby Lane, Hellaby, Rotherham, S66 8SN Tel: +44 (0)1709 702 701 
- ibis Rotherham, Moorhead way, Bramley, S66 1YY Tel: (+44)1709730333