Rochester is a small town in Vermont. It is known as "The Heart of the Green Mountains" as it is nestled in the White River Valley in the shadow of the Green Mountains.
No buses run through Rochester, so you pretty much have to have a car to get there. Route 100 cuts north-south through town and Route 73 comes in from the West. Watch the speed limits in these small towns because it drops abruptly and the fuzz are vigilant!
- boysenberry, 61 N Main St, . Fun and fashionable fleece, organic cotton and wool clothing for babies, children and adults. Hand made in our store in Rochester, Vermont USA edit
- boysenberry, 61 N Main St, ☎ 802-767-9591, . Fun and fashionable fleece, organic cotton and wool clothing for babies, children and adults. Hand made in Vermont USA" edit
There's not a whole lot of choice, but what choice there is isn't bad.
- Huntington House Inn, 19 Huntington Place, (802) 767-9140, . B&B with 6 rooms, restaurant and bar. Rooms from $95 off-season.
- Liberty Hill Farm, 511 Liberty Hill Road, (802) 767-3926, . A real working farm with 160 Holsteins and a few rooms to boot. 7 guest rooms starting at $85 per night (meal included).
- Chittenden Brook Campground, south side of Rt 73 about 5 miles West of town. Developed campsites in the Green Mountain National Forest $5 per night. No hookups.