Rochelle is a city in Ogle County, Illinois, United States. The population was 9,424 at the 2000 census. As of the 2005 estimate, the population had risen to 9,712. It is known as the "Hub City" because of its location at the intersection of several major transportation routes, including both roadways (I-39 and I-88, Historic Lincoln Highway) and railways (The Union Pacific Railroad and BNSF Railway mainlines).
Interstate 39 goes north-south just east of the city, with exit 99 the best for accessability.
- Rochelle Railroad Park, 124 North 9th Street. The town's main attraction is this park where the Burlington Northern Santa Fe and Union Pacific freight train lines cross. A platform with many picnic tables provides a great observation point, and there are several other small train engines on display, and easy parking. There's also a gift shop and radio to listen on train engine conversations.
- Rochelle Railroad Park Gift Shop Much railroad magazines, videos, DVDs, and models 1-815-561-1231.
A number of fast food options cluster near the interstate exit 99.
- AmeriHost Inn, 567 E Il Route 38, (815) 562-9530, .
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 1133 N. 7th Street, (815) 562-5551,  Newly renovated, business & fitness centers, WiFi.
- Super 8 Motel Rochelle 601 E. Hwy 38, (815) 562-2468, 
- Holiday Inn Express, 1240 S Dement Rd, ☎ (815) 562-9994, . Off I-39 at Exit 99 and 30 miles south of Rockford. 3pm Check in, 11am Checkout, Free hot breakfast, WiFi, Pool and Fitness Center open all day, coffee makers, hairdryers, iron and ironing board, and ergonomic desk chairs. edit
- Comfort Inn and Suites Rochelle, 1133 N 7th St., ☎ 815-562-5551, . checkin: 4:00 PM; checkout: 11:00 AM. Fitness centers, WiFi, breakfast and Rochelle getaway specials. 1) Water Park Package: $149.95 USD per night, 2) Stay and Play Package: $169.95 USD per night. edit
On Interstate 39 to the north is the city of Rockford, and the scenic Starved Rock State Park is to the south. Chicago can also be reached by various interstate combinations to the east.