Riverside is a little community located in Providence County, Rhode Island.
Riverside is a part of East Providence, which is made up of three parts Rumford, Riverside, and East Providence. Riverside was known as "The Coney Island of New England" because of a major amusement park called Crescent Park. Crescent park was built in 1886 by Charles Boyden. The park contained ballrooms, a carousel, many amusement rides, hotels, and restaurants. There was a steamship that traveled to many other parks in the area. In 1979 Crescent Park was torn down. The only thing that was left was the Carousel. Now Riverside is a suburban area, located on the Narragansett Bay.
- T.F. Green International Airport in Warwick. The airport is located one mile off I-95 at the end of Exit #13.
Approximate Travel Times
Travel time approx: 24 minutes
Travel distance: 14.1 miles
- Amtrak, . Nearest station is in Providence at 100 Gaspee St.
Approximate Travel Times
Travel time approx: 13 minutes
Travel distance: 6.6 miles
- RIPTA (Rhode Island Public Transit Authority), . There are various bus routes that run throughout RI. They all stop at Kennedy Plaza in downtown Providence. Bus 33 & Bus 3 travel through Riverside .
- Crescent Park (Rose Larissa Park), Bullocks Point Avenue Riverside, RI (Located across from Crescent Park Carousel.). The Park has a great view of the Narragansett Bay. It overlooks the town of Warwick. There is also a beach area you are able to walk on. It is not reccomended to swim in the water, although some people do in the summer weather. The park is a great place to walk a dog as well as relax on the grass and benches. During the summer, there are weekly concerts on thursdays and movie nights planned for children. edit
- Haines Memorial State Park, Rt 103, Riverside, RI, . year round: sunrise-sunset. Haines Memorial State Park is a 101.7 acre park located in both towns of Barrington and Riverside. There are benches, picnic tables, and grills available for use in the summer. There are also boat ramps which lead to the Narragansett Bay. The park itself overlooks the bay. There are also ball fields located in the park. The East Bay Bike Path also goes through the park. Directions from Providence: Take Interstate Rte. 195 East, to Veteran's Memorial Parkway (Riverside Exit), to Rte. 103, to Metropolitan Park Drive, to Haines Memorial State Park none. edit
- Willett Pond, Willett Avenue Riverside, RI (Across from Christy's Liquor Store.). Located in the middle of Riverside, many people fish in the pond during the spring/summertime. There is also a bridge at the end of this man-made pond that people use to cross the pond. There is also trail that goes around the entire pond. During the wintertime, the pond is used for skating. none. edit
- Crescent Park Carousel, 700 Bullocks Point Avenue, Riverside, ☎ (401) 433-2828. Built by Charles I.D Loof in 1895, the carousel is still open during the summer months. It is 75cents to ride the carousel. There is also a clown that you grab rings and throw the rings into its mouth. edit
- Silver Spring Golf Course, 3301 Pawtucket Ave. Riverside, RI, ☎ (401) 434-9697. This 6-hole-course is a semi-private course. It is open to the public during Spring to late Fall seasons for a small fee. During the Winter season, the course is used by many children for sledding and tubing. edit
- East Bay Bike Path, East Providence through Bristol, RI, . sunrise-sunset. The East Bay Bike Path is 14.5 miles and leads from Providence to Bristol. It passes through the town of Riverside along the abandoned railroad tracks. It also passes along the Narragansett Bay. The East Bay Bike Path is used by cyclists, walkers, runners, and skaters. The bike path has amazing views only seen in Rhode Island. There are a few entrances to the bike path in Riverside. One of them is near the Dari-Bee ice cream stand. Another is at Haines Park. edit
- Shaws Market, 1050 Willett Avenue Riverside, RI, ☎ (401) 433-3180, . Shaws is a supermarket located in the Shaws Plaza in Riverside. It is a part of a chain marketplace that sells produce, meat, and other foods. The prices are reasonable and there are also Shaws Rewards Deals in which you use your Shaws card and get money off of your purchase. edit
- Schroder's Deli &Catering, 204 Willett Avenue Riverside, RI, ☎ (401) 437-3354, . Schroder's is a local deli and caterer famous with the locals. It is a convenience store as well as a deli that offers various deli meats and cheeses. They also sell ready-to-eat hot foods such as macaroni and cheese and lazagna. edit
- Providence Coffee Roasters, 181 Willett Avenue (Across from Willett Pond), ☎ 401-603-4482, . 6:30-5 M-F, 7-5 Sat, 7-4, Sun. Providence Coffee Roasters, a local fair trade organic coffee roasting company offers both fresh roasted artisan coffee beans, coffee, and specialty drinks. A bonus is a cafe atmosphere for those that just want to relax with free WIFI. Fresh savory and sweet crepes by La Creperie also a main feature on their over the counter menu. edit
Riverside is known for their plethora of breakfast nooks and pizza parlors. Most of them are small, family-owned businesses.
- Farnsworth Cafe, 302 Willett Avenue Riverside, RI, ☎ (401)433-3426. Farnsworth Cafe is a family owned bussiness serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For breakfast, they serve everything from french toast, pancakes, eggs, muffins, and omelets. For dinner, they serve various italian and homestyle foods such as pizza, pastas, and seafood dishes. They also have different daily features. Everything is cooked fresh to order and the prices are affordable. DAY Hours Sunday 6am - 1 pm (Breakfast Only) Monday CLOSED Tuesday 6am to Noon Breakfast - Noon to 8pm Lunch & Supper Wednesday 6am to Noon Breakfast - Noon to 8pm Lunch & Supper Thursday 6am to Noon Breakfast - Noon to 8pm Lunch & Supper Friday 6am to 11:15am Breakfast - 11:15 to 9pm Lunch & Supper Saturday 6am to Noon Breakfast - Noon to 9pm Lunch & Supper edit
- Lees Chinese Restaurant, 376 Bullocks Point Avenue Riverside, RI, ☎ (401) 433-4312, . Lee's Restaurant, located in the heart of Riverside, RI, is a family run, family oriented business. It was established in 1995 and serves the best and finest in Chinese cuisine. Lees restaurant has a relaxed, casual atmosphere serving lunch and dinner. They have a full service lounge with a abundant selection of wines and spirits. All of their dishes are prepared with the freshest quality meats, fish and produce. Chef Specials are offered daily. Take-out and in-house dining is served daily.(leesrest.com) Open Hours Mon.-Thur. 11am - 9pm Fri. & Sat. 11am - 10pm Sunday: 11:30am - 9:30pm Lounge: open til 1am edit
- Dunkin Donuts, 925 Willett Avenue, Riverside, ☎ (401)433-4570, . This location is one of the many Dunkin Donuts in the area. They are known for their slogan "Wake up with Dunkin!" Dunkin Donuts is most renowned for their coffees, donuts, munchkins, muffins, bagels, lattes, coolattas, breakfast sandwiches, and other types of breakfast-like foods. edit
- Honey Dew Donuts, 652 Bullocks Point Avenue Riverside, RI, ☎ (401) 433-3219, . Honey Dew Donuts offers a variety of different beverage and breakfast choices. They sell coffees, iced coffees, and frozen beverages. They also sell an array of donuts, breakfast sandwiches, muffins, pastries, and bagels. The prices are comparable to Dunkin Donuts. edit
- Providence Coffee Roasters, 181 Willet Avenue (Across from Willett Pond), ☎ 401-603-4482, . 6:30-5 M-F, 7-5 Sat, 7-4 Sun. Providence Coffee Roasters, a local fair trade organic coffee roasting company offers both fresh roasted artisan coffee beans, coffee, and specialty drinks. A bonus is a cafe atmosphere for those that just want to relax with free WIFI. Fresh savory and sweet crepes by La Creperie also a main feature on their over the counter menu. edit
- Comfort Inn, 341 Highland Avenue Seekonk, MA 02771, ☎ (508) 336-7900, . Amenities that are incldued are free breakfast with hot waffles, free local calls and free weekday newspaper. There is also an exercise room and outdoor pool located on the premise. All rooms include free wireless high-speed Internet access. Businesses have the rights of the public areas and access to copy services. Some rooms have large work desks. All rooms include coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Most of the rooms are equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. Non-smoking rooms are also available. Guest laundry facilities are located on the property as an added convenience. (Comfort Inn website) $80/night. edit
* Silver Spring Golf Course: (401) 434-9697
* Farnsworth Cafe: (401) 433-3426
* Lees Restaurant and Lounge: (401) 433-4312
* Comfort Inn Seekonk, MA: (508) 336-7900
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!