Rimouski is a coastal city in Bas-Saint-Laurent, in Quebec.
Rimouski is a small city on the coast of the St. Lawrence River. It can be considered as the university city of the eastern Quebec. Unfortunately, from a traveler's point of view, Rimouski is often viewed as a stop on the way to Gaspé Peninsula. However, there are many interesting things to see in the region.
Aéroport Régionale de Mont-Joli (IATA: YYY)  is the closest airport about 30 minutes drive from Rimouski.
- Air Canada makes daily flights to Baie-Comeau and Montreal; that is, two flights daily, except Saturdays, when there is one morning flight
- Pascan Aviation makes daily flights to Quebec City, Montreal, Baie-Comeau/Sept-Îles and Bonaventure/Magdalen Islands throughout the year, 5 days a week, from Monday through Friday
VIA Rail  train station located near downtown. Eastbound train arrives at 1:30am and Westbound train arrives at 1:50am.
Accessed by Route 132 which turns in to Highway 20 at Cacouna that links with Quebec City.
Orléans Express  has many daily runs to Rivière-du-Loup that connects with Maritime Bus to the Maritimes, and Orléans Express continues to Quebec City and Montreal.
Rimouski-Forestville Ferry Seasonal ferry service to Forestville on the CNN Evolution. A catamaran ferry that holds the title of fastest ferry in the province of Quebec.
Riviere-du-Loup/Saint-Simeon Ferry The MV Trans-St-Laurent provides seasonal ferry service from April to January. Travellers are advised to contact the ferry agency directly for more accurate schedule details.
Matane/Baie-Comeau-Godbout The MV Camille-Marcoux is a government run ferry providing service to Baie-Comeau and Godbout on the north shore of the St-Lawrence River with 4-6 departures daily year round. Vehicule reservations are required.
- National Rent-a-Car
- Bleu Pelican
Taxi 418-723-3344, There is one taxi company in Rimouski, they are very clean and easy to call.
Public Transit Public transit in Rimouski is minimal.
- Taxi-Bus  Is a taxi that picks up and stops at designated stops (like a city bus) but must be reserves an hours before with a membership card.
- CiteBus  Is the developing public bus system.
- Musée maritime at Point-au-Père, a small town near Rimouski. There is a tall lighthouse. The Onondaga, a submarine used by the Canadian army, can be visited there.
- Canyon de la Porte de l'Enfer, a canyon in the mountains south of Rimouski.
- Parc national du Bic, a coastal park only 20 minutes away from Rimouski. Sea kayak and hiking are very popular.
- Musée régional de Rimouski, 35 Rue Saint-Germain Ouest Rimouski QC, CANADA G5L 4B4, ☎ 418 724-2272, . Regional museum in old stone church. (48,-69) edit
- TAXIBUS et le CITÉBUS, ☎ 418 723-5555. edit
- Île Saint-Barnabé. From the marina, take the boat ($16.50, every 30 minutes) to the island in front or Rimouski. You can walk in the nature.
- Maison Lamontagne, 707, boulevard du Rivage, ☎ (418) 722-4038, . edit
The region of Bas-Saint-Laurent is not as touristic as Gaspé Peninsula, so speaking a bit of French can help you very much.
- Cantine de la gare, 2 rue Saint-Jean-Baptiste Est, ☎ 418 723.3748, . The Famous Dero Poutine edit
- La Maison du Spaghetti,, 35 rue St-Germain Est Rimouski, ☎ 418.723.6010, . edit
- Gouverneur Hotel Rimouski, 155 René-Lepage Blvd East Rimouski (Québec) Canada G5L 1P2, ☎ 1.888.910.1111, . Near Tim Horton's and Marie Antionette restaurants. (48,-68) edit
- Au Refuge du Vieux Loup de Mer Chalets, 3250 Route 132 O, Le Bic (Rimouski) Quebec, Canada G0L 1B0, ☎ 418-750-5915, . A unique experience and getaway stay in authentic chalets along the St. Lawrence River near Bic National Park. Each chalet is a different themed wooden house that gives a historical experience of the different types of dwellings in Quebec. Au Refuge du Vieux Loup de Mer takes great care to emphasize authenticity, and caters to customers who want to be far away from cities, but enjoy the comforts of personalized service, concierge service, and outdoor activities. edit
The Université du Québec à Rimouski is renowned for its courses in oceanography and in marine biology.
Drive further to Gaspé Peninsula!