Rimini is a city in Emilia-Romagna on Italy's east coast.
There has been a settlement at Rimini since prehistoric times. Founded by the Romans in 268 BC, Rimini boasts a 2,000-year history that has left important marks testifying to its grandeur. To the Romans, Ariminum was a link between the "Italic" and the "Gallic" lands, a stronghold on the Adriatic and a gateway to the Po valley. Three major roads converged here - the Flaminian Way, the Aemilian Way and the Popilian Way.
Rimini today is a thriving, bustling resort on the "Riviera Romagnola" that boasts "over a thousand hotels". It is Italy's biggest beach resort and it is very famous all over Europe, with 15 km of sandy beach plus thousands of bars, restaurants and discos. Italians and tourists from all over Europe visit Rimini every year, the food is excellent and the people are friendly and helpful.
As a renowned resort area, Rimini is served by Rimini "Federico Fellini" International Airport (IATA: RMI) 
Buses (line number 9) run 7 km from the airport to the railway station in the center of the town. The ticket price is 1.60€
Rimini airport has scheduled flights from Moscow and Tirana all year round and it has seasonally scheduled connections with Helsinki, St Petersburg and Luxembourg.
Ryanair currently connects Rimini Airport with London Stansted, Warsaw Modlin, and Kaunas.
In summer there is also a great number of charter flights to Russian and European cities.
Other nearby airports are those in Ancona (107km) and Bologna (120km).
There is a train line that runs up and down the coast from Rimini to Ravenna and Bologna in the north and Ancona in the south, via any number of smaller resort towns.
The train station has a luggage deposit facility, that is open every day between 08:30 and 20:30. Leaving the package for the first 3 hours costs €4.5 and €5 for 24 hours (as of April 2019).
The A14, a six-lane motorway known as the autostrada del mare runs away to the north. The SS 72 heads inland towards San Marino. The SS16 heads in from the North and Ravenna.
In Rimini airport, there is only one car rental company currently operating a desk, Sicily By Car (former Goldcar). If you've booked your car rental from one of the other companies you'll have to take a cab to their official office. For example, Hertz is roughly 2km away from the airport.
Most hotels are within walking distance of the beach and the center, but if you want to take a trip along the coast or inland, buses run regularly from the train station and are frequent and cheap.
- The Augustus Arch, a Roman arch built to celebrate the Roman emperor who lent it his name
- The Tiberius Bridge, the Roman bridge that marks the beginning of the Aemilian Way
- Domus del Chirurgo (Surgeon's house), Piazza Ferrari, . The Surgeon's House an impressive archeological area documenting 20 centuries of Rimini history. Full price ticket € 7,00; Reduced ticket € 5,00. edit
- Federico Fellini Museum, Castel Sismondo (Piazza Malatesta), ☎ +39 0541 793781 ([email protected]), . It's popular with both Italian public and foreign visitors alike. This museum covers everything related to the great film director's life and career, from the earliest days of Federico Fellini (1920 - 1993) to his greatest masterpieces, including five Oscars. The Museo Fellini hosts regular exhibitions of drawings, photographs and sketches. edit
- Museo della Città “Luigi Tonini” (City museum), Via L. Tonini, 1, . open Tuesday to Friday - 16:00 to 19:00, Saturday to Sunday - 10:00 to 12:00 and 16:00 to 19:00. The Rimini City Museum Admission: €7 (includes entrance to the Domus of the Surgeon in Piazza Ferrari). edit
- Tempio Malatestiano, 35 Via IV Novembre, ☎ +39 0541 51130. open M-Sa 8:30AM-12:30PM, 3:30PM-7PM, and Su, 9AM-1PM, 3:30PM-7PM. Bizarre burial chapel for Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, the lord of the city, together with his mistress Isotta degli Atti and the Malatesta family. edit
- The Castel Sismondo castle was built by Sigismondo Pandolfo Malatesta, lord of Rimini, beginning on March 20, 1437
Lounge on the 15km of beaches. Known as La Marina, the beachfront is by far the number one reason anybody comes to Rimini. Yes, there is an old town, but this is generally ignored by most tourists although its major historical and cultural value with valuable monuments dating back to the Roman and medieval era.
Over winter, the marina side becomes a ghost town with a lot of shops shutting until the warm season starts up again, but the city center is open all year round offering cultural events, good restaurants, and great shopping opportunities, especially during the sales period (jan-feb).
The new Rimini Fair host several important congress and fairs with a busy autumn-winter-spring schedule Rimini Fiera .
Remember to take a dip in the Adriatic. The bay is warm and inviting and home to many interesting and friendly mammals.
Downtown is the best fashion boutiques, where is it possible to find the best Italian designer brands (Gucci, Prada, Armani, D&G, ...). In early 2006 the first and one of the biggest (in Romagna) shopping malls, called "Le Befane", opened. It's so big that it changed the landscape of the west side of the city.
For typically tourist stuff, the beachfront has small souvenir shops. If you enjoy scandalizing the family or even your home country's postal service, don't miss some of the more risqué postcards on sale at any one of a number of the little shops on the seafront.
In Rimini you can find several good places to eat. Since the city is on the seashore it is suggested to have a fish-based dish. Some of the best restaurants are Lo Squero, Il Lurido, Da Guido, Marinelli. Usually, with every dish, you will get the famous "Piadina", a thin and very tasty sort of bread.
At the beach in the San Guiliano a Mare area, there are restaurants on the beach where one typically dines Al Fresco in warm weather. Although one might be wary of such establishments, the food is excellent and inexpensive. A typical dinner might cost only €5-€6 for the meal alone. Sometimes they offer a multi-plate dinner (good for 2 or even 3 persons) for €18 that includes a 1/4 liter of wine.
There are also excellent restaurants just off the main streets.
- Osteria dell'Accademia (Osteria), Via Roma, 20 Montegridolfo RN, ☎ +39 054 185 5335. Inside the Montegridolfo Castle, the osterie dell'Accademia is famous for the typical italian cusine: for example tagliatelle, cappelletti, carne alla griglia, tartufo and mushroom. A beautiful panorama in front of the sea in a medioeval castle between the hills. (43.8592222,12.6909444) edit
The whole town is geared towards tourists, so the nightlife is very good and there are bars everywhere. Once the sun goes down, the streets of Rimini come alive with lights, color, and noise as the sunbathers of the day become the revelers of the evening.
There are however no "real" clubs in Rimini; only bars with dance floors. For real clubbing, you have to go to Riccione, the next town over, which is about a 15 minute drive away. There is however one club called Carnaby's which is on the outskirts of Rimini and it has a free shuttle bus; the club is also within walking distance.
- Carnaby Club, . Open every night from March to October. The Club itself is a 3 storied building, each level having a different atmosphere, music style, bars, and DJs. Free shuttle service on the whole Rimini Area. edit
- Life club, Viale Regina Margherita 11, . Lively nightclub boasting two floors. Open all summer long with a variety of music styles on both floors. Outdoor smoking area fitted with seats. Free bus to and from the club and free giveaways and drink promotions. edit
- Rimini Pub & Disco Crawl by Sunflower Hostels, Viale Siracusa 25, . The Original Rimini Pub & Disco Crawl. Taste the Vibrant NightLife of Rimini Riviera in one Night; 4 Drinks+Disco Entrance + free T-shirt; Bus and Transport including. edit
- Albergo Aquila, Via Porto Palos 13, ☎ +39 0541 734504 ([email protected], fax: +39 0541 734504), . checkin: 12,00; checkout: 10,00. 25 - 60. (12°31'56,44°05'32) edit
- Albergo Viking, Viale Galatea 4 (Family Antonioli), ☎ +39 541 721 064 ([email protected], fax: +39 (0)541 721064), . checkin: 12 a.m.; checkout: 10 a.m.. Near the beach, pool, hydro jacuzzi in the garden, car parking, garden with games for children. edit
- Baia Hotel (Viserbella di Rimini), Viale Porto Palos 33, ☎ +39 541 721061 ([email protected]), . checkin: 12; checkout: 10. Located directly on the beach. Fully modernized and restored recently, the hotel offers to the guests wide and well-lighted rooms, air conditioned dining room, car park, well equipped rooms with modern and functional furnishing and comforts as air conditioning, safe-box and hairdryer. Double room from 60€. edit
- Continental Rimini Hotel, Viale Vespucci 40, ☎ +39-0541-391300 ([email protected], fax: +39-0541-391350), . hotel with 116 rooms edit
- Elba Hotel, viale Brindisi 21, Rivazzurra di Rimini (in front of Carnaby Club), ☎ +39 (0)541 373539, . A 3 star hotel for youths only, situated right in front of th Carnaby Club. Within walking distance from the beach. Part of the Young People Hotels group. edit
- Europa Rimini Hotel, Viale A. Vespucci, 83, ☎ +39 036 318 30407 ([email protected], fax: +39 03631830407), . Affordable, clean and modern 3 star hotel with private beach, located on the seafront. Easy access to main services, amenities and nightlife. edit
- Jammin' Party Hostel, Viale Derna 22, ☎ +39 054 139 0800 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12am. Clean and large private rooms 1-2-4-6 beds and dormitories 4-6-8 beds. Free breakfast, kitchen facility, Free WiFi, Free Bicycles, self laundry, Cocktail bar, DJ-set and dance hall, Discounted tickets for discos and amusement parks, every day happy-hour and weekend pasta-pizza parties. Reception open h24. Special offers for groups, stag parties, bachelor parties and events (check the website). Open April-September. from 13EUR. (44°3',12°34') edit
- Liverpool Hotel Rimini, Viale Bergamo, 8 - Rivazzurra di Rimini, ☎ +39 0541370999 ([email protected], fax: +390541-370999), . checkin: 10.30 am; checkout: 09.30 a.m.. Elegant Family Hotel near the sea, with fantastic offers all inclusive for the holidays in Rimini. Pizza Party every Sunday evening at 10.00 p.m. - Piadina Party every Thursday evening at 09.30 p.m. - Special Dinner Fish every Tuesday at 08.20 p.m. for all the guests that love fresh fish. Free Internet Wifi and parking. Pension Complete € 37,00. (44.036214,12.613865) edit
- Logis Hotel Vienna Ostenda, V.le Regina Elena, 11, ☎ +39 0541.391744 ([email protected], fax: +39 0541.391032), . edit
- Morfeo Hotel, via Enna 22, Marebello di Rimini (200 m from the beach), ☎ +39 (0)541 373322, . For young people only. Part of the Young People Hotels group devoted to party going people between 16 and 35 years. 24hr reception, breakfast until 12.30 for daysleepers, bed & breakfast or half board, with all you can eat buffet, all rooms with air-conditioning, sunbeds and beach facilities included. edit
- Residence Paradiso, Viale A. Manzoni, 15, 47838 Riccione RN, ☎ +39 054 166 3371. edit
- River Hotel, Via Ortigara, 21, ☎ +39 0541/26904, . A nice little hotel right on the beach with private parking with breakfast bar laden with healthy and tasty treats and unlimited coffee from a machine. Charge extra €5 for aircon. Doubles from €60 per night, singles from €40.. edit
- Sunflower Beach Backpacker Hostel and Bar, Viale Siracusa, 25 - Rimini Beach, ☎ +39 0541373432 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2 pm am; checkout: 11 a.m.. Free breakfast and WiFi, laundry facilities, fully equipped kitchen, 24h security, bicycles, bar open 24h, parties and concerts. The Sunflower Bar has happy hour every night and organise the Rimini Pub & Disco Crawl. By Bus : Line 11, Stop 24 Bed & Breakfast from € 14. edit
There are many interesting cities and places along the coast or inland.
- Ravenna - the "Early Christian Monuments of Ravenna" are a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Ancona - capital city of region Marche
- San Marino - the third smallest countries in Europe
- Urbino - beautiful medieval town, birthplace of Italian painter and architect Raffaello Sanzio (Rapahel)
Check the haunted Castle of Montebello only 24kms from Rimini.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!