Richardson is a suburb of Dallas situated in the Telecom Corridor along US 75 (Central Expressway) aptly named because many tech companies such as Texas Instruments, Samsung, Fujitsu, and MetroPCS have offices along this freeway.
Driving a car is by far the best way (and likely the only reasonable way) to get around in Richardson. However, there is a public transit system, the DART, that connects Richardson to Dallas via the red line. A day ticket costs US $5.00, $2.50 (Reduced for students with High School ID, Seniors 65+ and Children ages 5-14).
Alamo Drafthouse Theater - Richardson, 100 South Central Expressway, #14 Richardson, TX 75080 (exit Belt Line Road), ☎ (972) 534-2120, . An outpost of the famous Austin movie theater chain known for it's meals, drink and snacks served throughout each film. This one focuses on major releases, but there are still quirky events that the Alamo Drafthouse is famous for.
Located along Greenville Avenue is the Dallas-Fort Worth region's very own Chinatown where you have Chinese supermarkets, restaurants, bakeries, and bookstores. 
- Afrah Grill, 314 E. Main Street Richardson, TX 75081, +1 972-234-9898, . Lebanese restaurant featured on Guy Fieri's Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins.
- Baleadas By Lili’s, 1486 W Spring Valley Rd, ☎ 972-480-8329. Hole in the wall restaurant serving large portions of authentic Honduran food. edit
- Chang Jing, 400 N Greenville Ave Ste 11B, ☎ (972) 231-3888. Korean barbecue restaurant. edit
- Canton Restaurant, 400 N Greenville Ave, Ste 25, ☎ 972-238-1863. Chinese restaurant that is popular with Chinese expats in the Dallas area. edit
- Chameli, 201 S Greenville Ave Ste 203, ☎ 972-638-9898, . Fast casual Indian restaurant known for their generous portions. edit
- First Chinese BBQ, 111 S Greenville Ave, ☎ 972-680-8216, . Established in 1982 in Richardson, Texas, First Chinese BBQ was one of the first restaurants to introduce authentic Chinese cuisine to the Dallas area. Be sure to try either the roast duck, barbeque pork, Hong Kong style crab, or lobster yee-mein noodles. edit
- Jeng Chi Restaurant, 400 N Greenville Ave Ste 11, ☎ 972-669-9094, . Another restaurant serving authentic Chinese fare. Be sure to try the dumplings, the green onion pancake, and the beef noodle soup. edit
- King's Noodles, 201 S Greenville Ave,, ☎ 972-437-0881. Authentic Taiwanese noodle shop. Cash Only edit
- Masami, 116 Richardson Heights Shopping Center, Richardson West of US 75 on Beltline, +1 972-783-6800, . Serves high quality Thai and Japanese food including sushi. No hibachi. Relatively small, traditional Japanese seating and standard western style seating both available. $10-$18 per plate.
- Mumtaz, 216 W Campbell Rd, ☎ (214) 575-2100, . Indian restaurant known for their lunch buffets. edit
- Sichuan King, 400 N Greenville Ave, ☎ 972-907-1186, . Chinese restaurant known for their Sichuan style fare. edit
- Taqueria Candelaria, 200 N Coit, ☎ 972-234-4262. Hole in the wall restaurant serving authentic interior Mexican food. edit
- Taco Ocho, 930 E Campbell Rd Ste 109, ☎ 972-238-8080, . Fast casual restaurant serving Latin American influenced fare. Online ordering is available. edit
- Tineo Pasteleria Peruana, 525 W Arapaho Rd Ste 1, ☎ (214) 256-4535, . Peruvian bakery and take out restaurant known for their empanadas. edit
- Hyatt Regency North Dallas, 701 East Campbell Road, tel. 866 593-6300  The hotel is located in the heart of the north Dallas Technology Corridor and is the only upscale, full-service independent hotel in the area.
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Richardson, 2301 North Central Expressway, tel. 972-671-8080  All-suite short and extended stay hotel on the Richardson Telecom Corridor of US-75. Right across the highway from Nortel's North American corporate office and in close proximity to local offices for MCI WorldCom, Fujitsu and Texas Instruments.
- Dallas Richardson Marriott, 2191 North Greenville Avenue, ☎ 9729949933. In the heart of Telecom Business Park, next to such companies as Nortel Networks, Bank of America, Samsung, Verizon and AT&T. It has 20 meeting rooms with 32,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. edit
- Richardson Marriott at Spring Valley, 1000 South Sherman, ☎ 9722355000. Has a brand-new business center and free internet. Two meeting rooms totaling 1,250 square feet. edit
- Dallas Richardson Residence Inn, 1040 Waterwood Drive, ☎ 9726695888, . $159-$209. edit
|Routes through Richardson