Ramsar' is a small thin coastal city in north of Iran beside the Caspian sea which has the mountain neighboring it. the image of mountain and the sea, and laying in SPA( establishment that provides facilities for improving one's physical fitness )have astonished many people. this city was once one of the most favorable places for overthrown shah and his family in it's time.
by air: you can go to Ramsar by flight from Tehran, Noshahr and Rasht.
by bus: you would just have to say that you want to go to north, buses are ready in entire Iran. if you're in southern cities of Iran, first go to Tehran then take Kandavan road or Haraaz road.
the best way to enjoy the green beauty of Ramsar would be walking beside the palm trees and worked out gardens in a straight 2Km walking street in between of blue sea and green mount,however taxis will be everywhere serving you.
- Moallem blvd (known as casino street)
- Markooh spectacular views
- Javaherdeh Village which is an important tourist attraction in Ramsar county. It offers beautiful scenery of seemingly endless green fields, snow-capped mountains, vast dense woods, rolling green hills and picturesque north-Iranian farms and villages. The houses in this area of Iran has unlike many other areas of Iran roofs that are tilted rather than flat.
- shah's palace as a museum
- Tamashaagahe Khazar
- Ghasem Abad Flower and Plant Nursery, 15Km from Ramsar to Rasht, After Chaboksar city, Ghasemabad village, ☎ +989196396185, . Ghasem Abad village is a center of plant nursery in Guilan/ Gilan. You can see men and women (esp. women) doing this in their farms and enjoy the variety of plants they breed. edit
- Vajargah vast tea fields, Bibalan road, end of Daneshgah boulevard, Vajargah,, ☎ +989196396185. Beautiful view over vast tea fields where are so attractive for walking and photography. (50,3949225,37,0439807) edit
- Bijargah rice transplanting, Bijargah, 10th km of Hadi-Kiashahr road to Rahim abad, End of Kelachay ringroad, Gilan, ☎ +989196396185. Beautiful view over vast rice fields where are so attractive for walking and photography. edit
- The Park that reaches to the beach is a good place for a stroll.
- The Casino (Lacks description)
- Ramsar Plaza Complex (Telecabine). including telecabine, seashore, resaurant, coffeshops, shopping center,Funfar, etc. edit
- Ramsar hot spring complex. It's next to grand hotel and one of city's main attractions.One of the main reasons Iranians visit Ramsar.
- Ascending Somamous Peak, ☎ +989196396185, . Somamous peak (3,680 m) is the highest peak in Guilan. The best time is late spring and summer (May-August). It is recommended that you accompany a local guide in your first ascent. If you wish to climb Alam-Kooh and Damavand peak in Iran, ascending Somamous peak is the best preparation program for them. edit
- Mish-Sere Dasht Walking, ☎ +989196396185, . Mish-Sere Dasht is a must-see place for those who wish to discover how the eastern Guilan plain looked about a hundred years ago. It takes about 4 hours to go from Gileboom to Mish-Sere Dasht, do sightseeing for about an hour and return back. Mish-Sere Dasht walking is enjoyable in all seasons. Check URL for the trail map edit
- Cob Making, No 69, Abrisham1 Alley, Shohada St. Ghasemabad Sofla village, after Chaboksar. (15 Km after Ramsar to Rasht), ☎ +989196396185, . You can learn about the cob mixture and the cob making process. Also you can applying cob to wall and enjoy the process with the trainer. (37° 0’11.66″,50°29’38.94″) edit
- Shahnazary Felt (Namad) Workshop, Shahid Fallah Alley , Infront Of Ramsar Municipality, Motahari St., Rmasar. He has over 60 years of Experience in Felt and got Award OF Excellence for Handicrafts in 2012. You can visit the workshop that He works with his son and buy felt if he had. edit
- Chadorshab (Handwoven textile), Ghasemabad Sofla vilage, After Chaboksar,Gilan (15 Km after Ramsar to Rasht), ☎ +989196396185, . Ghasem abad village is the only center of Chadorshab weaving in Guilan. Chadorshab is a handwoven textile which has motifs and patterns that often include sea-flower or carpet-flower, chehel-cheragh (chandelier), tree, comb, sea-wave reflection or light from the sea. It's usage is for Floor mat, blanket, tablecloth, chair cover, curtain, dress, table runner, bedspread and in small pieces used for making handbags and purses, dolls, pencil cases, etc. edit
- Tooska restaurant (Lacks description)
- Gileboom homestay, No 69, Abrisham1 Alley, Shohada St. Ghasemabad Sofla village ((15 Km after Ramsar to Rasht)), ☎ +989196396185, . Gileboom serves authentic Guilani food which is prepared by local cooks. All foods are served with cooked rice and side-dishes including fresh olives, pickled garlic, yogurt or salad and the traditional yogurt-based beverage, known as Doogh. The food we served are: Morgh-e-Torsh (Sour Chicken) - Bademjan-Torshi (Sour Eggplant) - Panir-Boroshte (Cheese Patties) - Pela-Sar-Tareh (Green Stew over Rice) - Hoolabe - Torshe-Tare (Sour Herbal Stew) - Baghala-Ghatogh (Bean Stew) - Mirza-Ghasemi - Aloo-Gheisi-Ghatogh (Plum and Dried Apricot Stew) Our (37° 0’11.66″,50°29’38.94″) edit
for staying you can go to hotels like everywhere but The city also has a large selection of apart-hotels, which provide apartment-style accommodations with kitchen facilities. Private condominium apartments can also be rented short-term at reasonable rates, and can be found on the internet.
- Hotel Ramsar (Lacks description)
- apart-hotel or personal houses casino Blvd 10th alley(Davoodi alley) number:00989308672317(Persian or English lang)
- Gileboom homestay, No 69, Abrisham1 Alley, Shohada St. Ghasemabad Sofla village (15 Km after Ramsar to Rasht), ☎ +989196396185, . Gileboom homestay is located in north of Iran between Caspian Sea and Hyrcanian forest. You can have a hiking in the jungle and visit workshops of local handicrafts in the neighborhood. You feel Iranian hospitality in a traditional clean house and taste Guilani cuisine with classic local dishes. Vegetarians also may have local food. "The price is fair" as our guests say. If you visit Iran and all historical sites you should also visit Gileboom to round up your overall impressions of the country. (37° 0’11.66″,50°29’38.94″) edit