|| Phrase (pronunciation)
|| Ram Ram sa
|| Ram Ram sa
|How much money?
|| kitta/ kitra peeshyo?
Where is the bathroom? || Tharo toilet keth hai?
|Where is your bedroom?
|| Tharo suwan ro kamaro keth hai?
|Where are you?
|| The Sidh ho?
|I would like to drink some water
|| maneh paani peeno hai/ maneh paani pa.
|I am thirsty
|| Maneh tiras lagi hai
|What is your name?
|| Tharo naam ki hai?
My friend how are you || Mhara beli ki hal hai?
|My name is _____.
|| Mharo naam _____ hai.
- How are you? (formal)
- ( Thae kaisan/kikar ho sa? )
- Fine, thank you.
- (theek, aabhar )
- What is your name?
- ( Tharo Naam ki/kai hai?
- My name is ______ .
- ______ . ( Mharo naam ______ hai.)
- Nice to meet you.
- ( Thare ho mil'an anand ayyo" )
- ( dhanyaawaad; Dhuhn-Ya-Vaad )
- You're welcome.
- ( Tharo Swaagat hai)
- ( Haa/havve )
- ( Naa/koni )
- Forgive me.
- (getting attention) ( Khamma ghani )
- I'm sorry.
- ( Mahane Maaf Karo [please forgive me])
- Goodbye (informal)
- (pache mi-laa-san (see you later )
- I can't speak name of language [well].
- [ ]. (mhane ________ kon aave )
- Do you speak English?
- (thane English aave hai??.
- Is there someone here who speaks English?
- ( Eth koi Angreji Bolan aa-ro hai? )
- ( Madad(help) Karo )
- Look out!
- ( Sambhalo !)
- ( Kaale)
- (Kaale )
- Good morning.
- ( Su(Good) Prabhat (Pronounced: Soo Pruh-Bhaat. )
- Good evening.
- (Shub(Good) Shinjya)
- Good night.
- ( Shub Ratri (Pronounced: Shoe-bh Raa-tree.)
- Good night (to sleep)
- ( So Javo )
- I don't understand.
- ( Manne samaj kon padhey (Pronounced:ma-Nay Sa-maj kon Pad-hey.)or mane samj/hamj mei ni ave.
- Where is the toilet?
- (Sauchalay(toilet) kethe hai? (Pronounced: Sau-Cha-Lay kathe che/hea?)
- I love you
- "hu/mhey thaa-neh prem(Love) karu chu/hu"
- Do you love me?
- "thea manne prem karo cho/ho?"
- where are you going?
- "theh kateh javoriya ho/cho ?"
- where do you live?
- "aap/theh kateh rehvo ho?"
- what are you doing?
- " app/theh kai karoh ho/cho?"
- what happened here?
- "ateh kai vio tho?"
- where is this(place name)?
- "aha jagah kateh hai?" Here jagah=place, kateh =where.
- where is the market?
- "bazaar/sabzimandi kateh hai?"
- Leave me alone
- (mane eklo('alone' for male)/ekli('alone' for female) chhodo ra)
- Don't touch me!
- (mane hath mat lagaye! )
- I'll call the police.
- ( hu/muh police no bola deyis )
- I need your help.
- ( Mane thari madad(Help) chaijhe )
- I'm lost.
- ( Hu/muh gum gayo han )
- I lost my bag.
- ( Mharo bag gum gayo he ")
- ho/So [Pronounce as 'Saw']
- Ek Hajaar
- dholo safed / Hafed
- raato / Lal
- Leelo / Hariyo
East = aaguni
West = aathuni
North = Uttar
South = dakhh-an
Up = Uppar
Down = Niche
Left = Dawo haath
Right = Jeevno/Saavlo-haath
Water : panee
Bread : Roti, Bati, Sogro
Mother = Ma, Bhabhu, Bai
Father = Pita, Pappa, aap-ji-sa, daata,Bapu
Sister = Bhaan/baai
Brother = Bhai
Elder Brother - Bhabha, dhaad-bhai, dadho
Paternal Grandmother = Dadi-saa,
Paternal Grandfather = Dado-saa, daata
Maternal Grandmother = Nani-saa
Maternal Grandfather = Nano-saa
brother's wife (Sister in Law) = bhabhi-saa
sister's husband (Brother in Law)= jijo-saa,
Wife = Patni/bahu/lugaai/bindni
Husband = Pati/aap
Mother-in-law = Saasu
Father-in-law = Sasur-saa/susro-saa
Father's elder brother = bhabha-saa
Daughter-in-law = Beenni-saa
Paternal Uncle (Father's brother) - Kako-saa, kaaku
Paternal Aunt (Father's brother's wife) - Kaki-saa
Paternal Aunt - Father's Sister - Bhuasaa, baasa
Paternal Uncle - Father's Sister's husband - Fu-fho-saa
Maternal Uncle - (Mom's brother) - Mamo-saa
Maternal Aunt - (Mom's brother's wife) - Mami-saa
Maternal Aunt - (Mom's sister) - Maasi-saa
Maternal Uncle - (Mom's sister's husband) - Maaso-saa
Friend - Beli, Mitra, Bhay-laa, sehli, saathan/haathan.
Grandmother/Grandma - dadi-saa/ bai / dha