Racine is a city in Southeast Wisconsin along Lake Michigan at the mouth of the Root River. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 81,855. It is the county seat of Racine County.
Racine has a small city airport, and is close to Milwaukee Mitchell International and Chicago O'Hare.
Coach USA Airport Express service is available to O'Hare International Airport and Milwaukee from the Petro Station/Iron Skillet on I-94 and Hwy. 20. There are fourteen runs to O'Hare and Midway airports 365 days a year. Limited weekday connections are available using Belle Urban System route 20 leaving the Racine Transit Center located on the 1400 block of State Street at 6:20AM, 7:10AM, 4:10PM, and 5:10PM. Coach USA Airport Express tickets can be purchased from the bus driver or a local travel agent.
There is Amtrak  train service between Milwaukee and Chicago in Sturtevant at the Amtrak station on Cty. H, (Wisconsin Street). This service can be met using bus route 27 on weekdays and route 7 on Saturdays.
Racine has a bus system with fares from $0 - $1.50 depending on age and time of day.
- Racine Zoological Gardens - A 32 acre zoo on Lake Michigan.
- Wind Point Lighthouse - Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Johnson Wax Headquarters - Listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Tours are offered on Fridays only and reservations are requested. Tours last about 40 min.
- Reefpoint Marina and Festival Hall - Riverwalk with beautiful shoreline views. During the summer months, many festivals with music and fireworks on weekends.
- Upscale Limousine, ☎ 262-995-5319.
- Racine Art Museum, downtown at 441 Main Street.
- Wustum Art Museum, 2519 Northwestern Avenue.
Lighthouse Run, pro volleyball tournament, dragonboat races, many lakefront activities during the summer months.
- Kringle is a Danish pastry for which Racine is famous. Here is a list of kringle bakeries:
- O&H Danish Bakery
- Bendtsen's Bakery
- Larsen's Bakery
- Racine Danish Kringles
- Wells Bros. Italian Restaurant, 2148 Mead Street, offers some of the best Midwestern-style thin crust pizza in southeastern Wisconsin. Wells Bros. was named one of the top ten pizzerias in the United States in a book written by two food critics. It is also the oldest standing pizzeria in Racine.
- Chancery Pub and Restaurant, 207 Gas Light Circle. Very good mid range priced food including burgers, sandwiches and other tasty and interesting menu items. Friday night fish fry. Located on the shoreline with views of the marina.
- Henry and Wanda's, 501 Sixth Street, offers potent, creative cocktails and a rotating selection of food in a clean, relaxed atmosphere.
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI, 13339 Hospitality Court Sturtevant WI 53177 USA, ☎ 2628840200, . Stay less than 10 minutes from downtown Racine when you choose the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson®, Mt. Pleasant-Racine West, WI as your relaxation destination.