The Quirimbas Islands are a national park in Northern Mozambique.
The island chain has up to 30 islands, stretching from Pemba in the south to the town of Palma in the north. They are one of the world’s best fishing and diving destinations, with phenomenal vertical drop-offs, some up to 400 meters. The southern islands include an expanse of forests in the Quirimbas National Park.
- Ibo Island, boasting intriguing historical and fascinating sites. Since 1761 it was used as a springboard for trading in slaves and ivory. Now a colonial ghost town, with the island featuring mangroves, coral and palms.
- Matemo Island 100km north of Pemba and approximately 2400 hectares in size. It has palm groves, palm vegetation and pristine beaches and well as two indigenous villages. The island features the upmarket Matemo Island Resort, offering 24 chalets, a restaurant, bar, a pool and kilometers of beaches. Each chalet is said to be within 10 meters of the beach and has a large verandah with a hammock. The resort offers flights to and from Pemba, included in the price of accommodation. Prices for bed in a standard double room and breakfast, per person sharing, range from US$288 to US$346 (info: 2006). Tel. Johannesburg reservations +27-11-465-6904, Maputo reservations +258-1-303-618, resort itself +258-21-71-5000/1/2; email [email protected], 
- Medjumbe Island Resort, offering 13 beach cabins only meters from the shore line, intimate and quiet. Tel. Johannesburg reservations +27-11-465-6904, Maputo reservations +258-1-303-618, resort itself +258-21-71-5200/1; email [email protected], 
Flora and fauna
- Pensâo Cinco Portas, Ibo Island, Quirimbas National Park, ☎ +258 823266771, . Cinco Portas is the only seafront hotel on Ibo. This charming guesthouse is one of the first accommodation in the island. Was build in an old Colonial house and storehouse, with a veranda facing the main street of the town. The tropical garden and the swimming pool contribute to make of this place a resting place for all those travelers visiting north Mozambique or Tanzania. The restaurant offers a good option for those who enjoyed seafood, based on Mediterranean and Swahili style (the manager is spanish). All rooms have en-suite bathroom and overlooking the Indian ocean and the mangroves of Quirambo Island, just 500 meters in front. edit
- Miti Miwiri Lodge (Miti Miwiri), Rua Antonio de Almeida (Ibo Island, Quirimbas National Park), ☎ +258 26960530, . Miti Miwiri Lodge, Guest house, is an old colonial building seating in the middle of Ibo Island old Town. Rebuilt from its hashes following ancestral construction techniques it is a convivial place to enjoy the calm of Ibo in it luxurious tropical garden while enjoying a drink by the swimming pool. It offers exquisite seafood based dishes following Mozitalian cooking techniques. All rooms have a veranda where clients can read and relax in private. (12° 20' S,40° 35' E) edit