Qom (Persian: قم) is a holy city between Tehran and Isfahan. Qom is 120 kilometre from Tehran..
Fatima È Massummeh Shrine
Qom is one of the holiest cities in Iran and the middle East and is entrenched in centuries of history. The famous thing about Qom is the Fatima È Massummeh Shrine which is a highly respected shrine and a very clean place. Non-Muslims are allowed entry to the city , but they are not allowed entry in the holy shrine unless with a Muslim companion or guide.
Qom is the main city for religious studies in Iran for long. Hozeye-Elmiye-Qom is the largest Theology school in Iran. Right now many Senior ranking clerics of Shia Islam live in Qom.
The nearest and most easily accessible international airport is Tehran's Imam Khomeini International Airport (IATA: IKA, ICAO: OIIE), which is due to replace the older Mehrabad International Airport (IATA: THR, ICAO: OIII).
There are train routes which take you from Tehran and other nearby cities such as Arak, Yazd and Isfahan.
- Qom train station, ☎ +98/(0)25/36617141 (). edit
Driving from Tehran might be a reasonable option, however, if you're worried about driving in Iran you can reserve a private bus to take you to Qom: it is much safer to travel by private buses.
There is a pretty impressive bus and taxi system, which has many bus routes to Tehran and other cities. It is very cheap to travel by local buses in Qom. Private tour buses are generally much more expensive.
Shi'a Muslims believe the Islamic redeemer, known as Imam Mahdi, the twelfth great grand son of Imam Ali, will come to save humanity along with Jesus (also known as Isa) one day. Shia Muslims believe that he is alive by miracle after more than 1,000 years past his birth, and although he lives anonymously, occasionally he introduces himself to highly virtuous, trusted followers. The Jamkaran Mosque is believed to be constructed following his advice, given on one of these occasions.
- Qom Handicraft Museum. This magnificent museum is located at YazdanPanah House belonging to the late Qajar and early Pahlavi(with back nearly 120 years). Address: 19 Dey(Baajak) street, Alley #11, Number 15. edit
- Qom-Technqiue Factory. You can attend qom-technique tours and visit saadatmand crafts center. This center is the only remaining workshop where you can learn about ancient iranian jewelry. Address: second km of kooh sefid road. edit
- National Kavir Park. It is highly recommended to visit this place by a local leader. edit
- Jamkaran Mosque, . The mosque is reserved for Muslims only. edit
- Mar'ashi Najafi Library. Library has over 500,000 handwritten texts edit
- Shrine of Fatima-al-Massumeh. The Holy Shrine is the burial place of "Fatema È Massumeh". Also buried within the shrine are three daughters of ninth, Twelver Shī‘ah Imām, Muhammad at-Taqī. Women must wear a chador to enter. edit
- Howzeh lake: Rich in natural spring water which is said to purify the heart.
- Feyze seminary: The place which devout Muslims gather up to meet and hear speeches from the religious leaders.
- Religion University (Qom, Pardisan), (Shahrak Pardisan), ☎ 2802610, . 0:20. 1500. edit
- Yazdanoanah historical House, no11,19 Day ST,qom, ☎ 00989128996936. Yazdanoanah historical House is old house about 120 years befor.In this place have restaurant . edit
- Go on an organised Visit Qom tour with Shima Mahdavi As there are so many attractions and landmarks in Qom, visitors with limited time could take advantage of an organised tour. Have a local guide show the main sights in one or half a day. The wealth of history in Qom is staggering and Shima is expert on all Qom has to show. Visit Qom Tours offer a comprehensive day tour of the main sights in Qom. Visitors can book online Visit Qom Tours
Qom has many carpet and sweet shops. Qom is famous for it's "sohan," a flat sweet biscuit made of pistachios and saffron. "Gaz", a nougat sweet is also available. Qom is also known for the unique and beautiful silk rugs which are famous worldwide for their unique silk and patterns. Naturally, as one of Islam's holy cities there are numerous religious shops which sell religious books, versions of the Koran and compact discs.
There are lots of places to eat in Qom which range from old style Persian restaurants to international restaurants. Persian restaurants offer a more authentic cultural atmosphere than international restaurants.
Most of the restaurants in good quality of food and environmental conditions are in Mohamad Amin Blv. which is recognisable by its tall compact trees. Ranking from top, you can find 'Yazdanpanah historical house restaurant  Arg Salariyeh, Alborz, Morvarid, Jam, Markazi. You can find Kabab, grilled chicken and fried fish there. Dizi baar (to eat Abgoosht)and lebanese (to eat labanese food)restaurants are in Ghadir Blv. that is along the Amin Blv. There are also a lot of fast food places such as Bama, Shahre Ma, Fadak, and Dolfin where you can eat different varieties of sandwiches and pizzas.
In Qom, there are various cafes and fruit juice shops. Pomegranate juice is popular and is said to heal the sick. In the winter when it snows, hot chocolate and Persian tea (Chai) are available. Dast'gheyb square is a known place where you can find any non-alcoholic drink(fruit juice, faloodeh, coffee, hot chocolate, milkshake, etc.) and ice cream.
The best place for having Faloodeh is a place called Faloodeh Momtaz located near Motahari square (exactly located at the intersection of Mowlavi street and Hadaf street).
- Qom Hostel, end of Abshar street, Sadr Blvd . (Location Latitude: 34.645538 | Longitude: 50.87444), ☎ +989387350826, . checkin: anytime; checkout: 12:00. email="[email protected]", Qom Hostel is a Cheap hostel near Holy Shrine of Fatima Masumeh with English-speaking staff that will help you visit Qom attractions and have a good stay, distance to Holy Shrine of Fatima Masumeh: 5 minutes by walking note: if you couldn't stay in the hostel you can come to the hostel during your visiting Qom and Holy Shrine for having some tea and talk with Shima and Kamran (just search Qom hostel on google map), breakfast, lunch and dinner are optionally available, It is possible to cook in the kitchen. Dorm Price: for price go to Qomhostel.com,. edit
- Parsia Grand Hotel, Artesh Square, Beginning of Alghadir Blvd., ☎ +98-251-2603050, . Parsia Grand Hotel, a newly constructed and a four star hotel, is the best hotel in Qom. edit
- Qom International Hotel, Helal Ahmar Street (Motahary SQ), . Qom International Hotel is a four star hotel and is one of Qom's more well-known hotels. edit
- Khorshid Hotel, Sadr Boulevard (Motahary SQ). Khorshid Hotel is located in front of Holy Shrine. It is one of the newly constructed hotel in Qom. edit
- Kawsar hotel, in the same alley as the Negin hotel is the Kawsar, a two-star which is fine for 1 or 2 nights. Hefty bargaining possible among the neighbouring hotels. The Kawsar had decent rooms, with hot shower. Toilet on the hallway. IR150.000 -100,000.
- Tashrifat Hotel, ☎ 00989128996936. edit
4 Star Hotels in Qom
- Qom international hotel. edit
- Karimeh hotel. edit
- Khorshid hotel. edit
- Olympic hotel. edit
- Parsia hotel. edit
3 Star Hotels in Qom
Qom is one of the holiest cities in Iran and the Middle East, and as such be aware that Islamic customs and values are more likely to be important here than elsewhere in Iran. Don't let this worry you at all, just ensure that you are respectful of religious and cultural practices and that you are dressed appropriately and modestly.
If you feel like visiting another quintessential Persian city, a few hundred kilometres away, you can visit Yazd which is an beautiful ancient city.
Isfahan is another option and is a very beautiful city and is considered to be one of the oldest and most historic cities in the world.
- Na’in is the another Desert city toward south. it's a small and quiet town at the edge of desert. A perfect pattern of a desert town but different than Kashan. you can cycling around and Visit inside the Qanat or the under ground man made caves. to get there, ask for the bus to Yazd or Kerman or Zahedan and ask the driver to get you off Na'in.