, commonly known as Limón
, is a main city for cruise ships traveling through the Panama Canal. It is also a major transit point for travellers wishing to travel to Tortuguero
by boat from the port of Moin; 15 minutes by bus from Puerto Limon.
Puerto Limon hosts a wide range of Caribbean buildings and several national heritage monuments like the first Baptists church from 1880's and the Black Star Line Building.
White water rafting on the Reventazón River. 90 minute trip, traversing class 2 rapids (beginning level). Along the way, you may see sloths in the trees as well as the lush forest and cool water.
If you arrive by cruiseship, you can buy souvenirs in this city rather than from the tour company.
- Mas por Menos (Supermarket, owned by Walmart), Avenida 3 at Calle 3. edit
- Chile Rojo thai restaurant, calle central (Puerto Viejo de Limon), ☎ 506/750/0025. 12 till 10 pm. Great food thai asian plus excelent sushi $5 plus. edit
- Park Hotel Restaurant, Av 3 btw Calles 1 & 2. Average wine, really excellent sea food. Worth a visit for the seafood soup alone. $50 for 3 course dinner with wine for two people. $25. edit
- Costa Rica Tree House  - A unique place to stay near Limon.
- Totem Hotel Beach Resort, Playa Cocles, Puerto Viejo (1,5Km south of Puerto Viejo), ☎ 00 506 2750 0758, . checkin: 13:00; checkout: 12:00. 50 steps from a sandy beach and the crystal, clear water of the Caribbean sea. $ 60/$ 80. edit
- Hotel Miami (Free Wifi), Avenida 2. checkout: 12:00. $33 (en suite double room with fan). edit