Pszczyna is a town in Silesia voivodship famous for its wonderful, classical castle.
There is a dense train connection with Katowice City operated by Koleje Śląskie . You can also travel to Pszczyna by road DK86 from Katowice and Bielsko.
Many passengers also choose Katowice Airport (KTW). It's the airport situated 70 kilometres northeast of Pszczyna but the way leads all via a motorway and by car it takes about an hour to get from the airport to Pszczyna via S1/DK86 roads. The airport has direct connections with over 30 destinations across Europe and Asia. The airport is a base of [Wizzair] and has strong network of Wizzair flights:
- Lufthansa Frankfurt (3 times daily connection), Dusseldorf
- Ryanair Alicante, Birmingham, Chania, Dublin, London-Stansted
- Wizzair Barcelona, Bergen, Cologne, Dortmund (2x daily), Doncaster, Eindhoven (6x a week) Frankfurt-Hahn, Glasgow, Kiev-Zhulyany, Kutaisi, London-Luton (2x daily) , Maastricht,Malmö-Sturup, MilanBergamo, Naples, Oslo-Torp, Paris-Beauvais, Rome-Ciampino, Stavanger, Stockholm-Skavsta, Tel Aviv
Seasonal: Bourgas, Grenoble
There is a plenty of car rentals at the airport including Avis, Budget or the private of the airport called GTL LOT Car Rental.
You can also catch a bus of KZK GOP (26 Złoty) to the city centre of Katowice and then travel by train to Pszczyna. The bus stops right underneath the railway station, and the journey takes about 45 minutes+30 minutes by train.
The timetable of the buses: 
- Muzeum Prasy Śląskiej (Silesian Press Museum), Piastowska Street 26, ☎ +32 210 17 27, . It's the only press museum in Poland placed in an old tenement right in the heart of the city. Originally founded in 1985, now offers the guests an extraordinary way of printing a memorial sheet on a XIX-century, German press. edit
The Castle seen from the island in the park at night
- Pszczyna Castle ((Polish: Zamek w Pszczynie)), . editSituated in the city heart of Pszczyna. Constructed as a castle in 13th century or earlier, in a gothic style, it was rebuilt in a renaissance style in the 17th century. During the course of the 18th and 19th centuries, the exterior of the castle was partially changed into a baroque-classic style. The classicist modernization transformed the castle into what is usually described a palace. In its history the castle was a residence of local Piasts dynasty members, then Promnitz family (mid 16th to mid 18th centuries) and later, von Pless family. The castle was owned by the government since 1936. Since 1946 it is a site of the Muzeum Zamkowe (Castle Museum).
- Main Square. Old square with many tenement houses, town hall and old Catholic and Lutheran churches. There're many shops and cafes too.
- Jewish cemetery. Old Jewish Cemetery (est. 1888) and funeral house is located in the woods on Katowicka street. near E75 way. The oldest saved graves are from 1814.
- Lutheran cemetery. Cemetery established in 1843 y. It's located near Jewish one, on Katowicka street.
- God's Mercy Church ul.Męczenników Oświęcimskich 30 . Contemporary church located about 2 km from the city center and palace. The most interesting interior elements are beautiful stain glass windows, tabernacle highlighted by soft, pink light and altar with rainbow sculpture.
- Holy Cross Raising and Our Lady of Częstochowa church ul.Marii Skłodowskiej-Curie 1. Contemporary church with interesting stained glass windows, highlighted triangle-shaped tabernacle and chapel with big flower scuplture, located about 2 km from city center.
There are few nice and cosy hotels in the centre of Pszczyna.
- Hotel PTTK, ul. Bogedalna 16. Budget hotel in a building from 1902, conference hall and garden. edit
- Hotel Zamkowy, Rynek 20, ☎ +48 32 449 17 20. Located 50 metres from the Castle in Pszczyna 50£. edit
- Hotel u Michalika (**), ul. Dworcowa 11, ☎ (032) 210 13 88, . 30£ for double. edit
- Hotel Piaskowy (***), ul. Piechurów 3, ☎ (32) 447 44 40, . Elegant, modern hotel 45£ for double room. edit
- Pałac Bażantarnia, ul. Barbórki 47. Splurge hotel located in old palace, about 4 km from the city center. It offers rooms with WIFI. There're free piano concerts organised in the hotel. edit