View of Krom (Pskov's kremlin)
Pskov is the largest city and administrative capital of Pskov Oblast.
Pskov Airport (Аэропорт Псков) (IATA: PKV) unfortunately now all flights are suspended.
Main airline carrier is Pskovavia (Псковавиа)  previously operated flights from Moscow and Saint-Petersburg on old fashioned Antonov AN-24.
From Saint Petersburg
There is one daily morning train departing from Saint Petersburg's Baltiysky Station. And one daily morning train in backward destination from Pskov to Saint-Petersburg
Also there is a commuter train (elektrichka) departing from Baltiskii Station six days a week. The train departs at 5:25PM and arrives to Pskov at 9:42PM, this train usually has a lot of passengers so if you want to have a seat by the window (or any seat at all, for that matter) make sure to arrive beforehand. As of August 2018 the ticket costs 709 RUB .
Every Friday train leaves Moscow at 7:55AM from the Leningradsky station and arrives to Pskov the same day at 11:08PM, this train also makes stop at Saint-Petersburg at Vitebsky Station.
There are two daily commuter trains and also the commuter train and both long-distance trains from Saint Petersburg make a stop in Luga
A long-distance train departs from Minsk two times a week, on Monday and Thursday.
Currently daily train from Riga to Saint Petersburg does not makes a stop in Pskov.
Currently Daily train from Vilnius to Saint Petersburg does not makes a stop in Pskov.
There are several daily bus routes from Saint Petersburg. The travel times given below are according to schedule, and of course they are subject to change due to road work and weather conditions.
- From bus station №2 you can ride on one of the serveral long-distance buses which make a stop in Pskov. The cost of the ticket is 420 RUB as of August 2012. The travel time is around 5 hours and 20 minutes. The bus staion is locates at Nberezhnaya Obvodnogo Kanala, 36 close to Obvodny Kanal metro station.
- There is a dedicated bus service between Saint Petersburg and Pskov run by a company located in Pskov . Tickes must be booked in advance by phone call or through the web-site and the price is 500 RUB as of August 2012. The buses depart from Park Inn Pulkovskaya hotel, located close to Moskovskaya metro station. The travel time is 4 hours.
- Ecolines operates two routes to Pskov. The buses depart from Vitebskii train station, close to Pushkinskaya metro station, Ecolines office is located there as well. The travel time is around 5 hours.
When driving, Pskov is along the M20 highway, linking Saint Petersburg with the border to Belarus.
Downtown of Pskov is quite small and walkable. The most of attractions are in short bus rides. Also taxi driving is very inexpensive especially if using local taxi app such as Yandex.Taxi (as of Jul 2018 all downtown rides were priced around 100 RUB).
- Pskov Krom (Pskov Kremlin). A strong medieval citadel in the central part of the city. edit
- Trinity Cathedral. The current building mostly belongs to the 17 century, when it was restored after a big fire. edit
- Mirozhsky Monsatery. Come here to see an astonishing XII century frescos at Christ's Transfiguration Cathedral (12th–beginning of the 20th century). Also nice craft shop and good view over Velikaya River. Mirozhsky emb. 2 (Мирожская набережная, 2) edit
- Velikaya River Embankment. Nice and walkable embankment. Good for sunsets. Good view over Mirozhsky monastery. edit
- Church of Michael the Archangel and Gabriel the Archangel. Nice and small but typical church with old icons. Sovetsky street, 18 (Советская улица,18). edit
- Detsky park. Small park with churches hidden everywhere. Octyabrsky prospect, 5 (Октябрьский проспект, 5). edit
- The picture gallery (the building of the Art and Design School of N.F. Van der Vliet). Good art gallery with good collection of paintings. Nekrasova street,7 (улица Некрасов, 7)   edit
- Sergievskaya dining room (Столовая Сергиевская). Dining room with good selection of well prepared home made style Russian cuisine. Self service. Average bill price 350 RUB per person for a full dinner. Octyabrsky Prospect, 19(Октябрьский просп., 19).
- Milano cafe (Милано). Italian (along with signature Russian dishes) styled cafe with good prepared pasta, salads, soups and pastry. Prospect, 22 (Октябрьский просп., 22). Bill price near 500 RUB per person.
- Pskovian Donuts (Псковские пончики). Small cafe with well done Russian style milk shakes and 'Ponchiki' (known as 'pushki'). RUB 150. Nekrasova street, 17 (ул. Некрасова, 17, Псков)
- Hotel Pushkin (Гостиница Пушкин). This hotel has a good restaurant on site which provides mostly Russian cuisine and has cosy 19 century design. They has a rich portions. This restaurant is near airport and on the very entrance to the city but worth 100 RUB taxi ride from downtown or 4 bus station on bus #4, 9 or 12. Bill price 700-1000 RUB per person. Krestovsky sh., 40A (Крестовское ш., 40A) 
- Tir club, quite trashy rock club with mostly local rock bands on gigs. Sverdlova street, 52 (ул. Свердлова, 52) 
- Pushkin hotel, Krestovsky shosse, 40A, Pskov, Russia, ☎ +7 (8112) 29-10-06, . Very nice and chill-full hotel with spacious, clean and comfort rooms. Tea and coffee are in the room, good breakfasts (depending on season self service or boxed). Good soundproof so nearby road doesn't affected. On site there is a good Russian cuisine restaurant. Single room - 1600 RUB. Double room - 2200 to 2700 RUB. edit
- Oktyabrsky hotel, Oktyabrsky prospect, 36, Pskov, Russia, ☎ +7 (8112) 66-42-46, . Basic post soviet hotel. Clean. Breakfasts useless. edit
- Rizhskaya Gostinitsa, Rizhski Prospect, 25, Pskov, Russia, ☎ +7 (8112) 56-22-23, . Basic Soviet style hotel. Clean, included breakfast, expensive. Single room- 1550 rub. Double room- 2880 rub. edit
- Estonia (Pskov office of the General Consulate of Estonia), Narodnaya street, 25, ☎ +7 (8112) 725-380 ([email protected], fax: +7 (8112) 725-381). edit
- Latvia, Narodnaya street, 25, ☎ +7 (8112) 720-237, 741-052 ([email protected], fax: +7 (8112) 724-056). Mon-Fri, 9-30AM - 4PM. edit
- Netherlands (Representation at the Consulate of Estonia), Narodnaya street, 25, ☎ +7 (8112) 725-380 ([email protected], fax: +7 (8112) 725-381). edit
- France and Slovenia (French and Slovenian visa service provided by the Consulate of Latvia), Narodnaya street, 25, ☎ +7 (8112) 720-237, 741-052 ([email protected], fax: +7 (8112) 724-056). Mon-Fri, 9-30AM - 4PM. edit
Pskovo-Pechorsky monastery in Pechory (Псково-Печерский монастырь в Печорах).
Pushkin mountains (Пушкинские горы).