Presidente Figueiredo is a city in Manaus region of Brazil.
LAND OF WATERFALLS
Forests , rivers , waterfalls: Presidente Figueiredo has a natural vocation for tourism. Tracks for walks in the jungle, visits to caves, boat tours on the lake of Balbina and other options of eco- and adventure tourism. The county of Presidente Figueiredo was founded in 1981 and receives this name in honor the first President from the Province of the Amazonas , João Baptista de Figueiredo Tenreiro Aranha (1798-1861). The climate is hot and humid with temperature average among 25º C e 35º C.
Most people arrive from Manaus on 2-hourly buses. R$ 17, 2 hours.
Eucatur has three daily buses to Boa Vista
Some of the walks are on private property and are charged entry fees between 5 and 10 reais. Many of the falls can be visited without a guide. Just get a cab at the bus station and agree with the driver what time to pick you up again for the ride back.
- CAVE SHELTER OF THE MAROAGA - Location: Located in the right bank of highway AM-240, access the Balbina km 6, the 600 m in conserved track.
- IRACEMA - Location: Located in the left bank of highway BR-174, km 115, the 4000 m. in branch ground in the inward of the Farm Iracema. Inside of the area of the Waterfall of Iracema.
- ARARA - Location: Located the 1500 m. after the Waterfall of Iracema in track bordering Rio Urubuí. Inside of the area of the Waterfall of Iracema.
- CACHOEIRA DOS LAGES- Localization: on the left side of BR 174, Km 113, there are 4 waterfalls 1.500 m walking into the forest.
- CACHOEIRA DA PEDRA LASCADA - Localization: on the left side of BR 174, Km 113, 1.700 m walking inside the forest.
- CACHOEIRA DE IRACEMA - Localization: on the left side ofBR 174, Km 115, a 400 m trecking.
- CACHOEIRA DAS ARARAS - Localization: A 1.500 m after the cachoeira de Iracema
- CACHOEIRA DA SUFRAMA - Localization: on the right side of BR-174, Km 96, a 200 m walkink in the rainforest
- CACHOEIRA DO SANTUÁRIO - Localization: on the right side of AM-240, starting at Balbina Km 12, 1. 200 m jungle trecking
If you're travelling on a budget, you can also use local buses to see the attractions, however you do run the risk of a long walk back if unable to get a return bus. To get to the waterfalls in the direction of Balbina (such as Santuario), go to the bus station and take the 10:20am bus to Balbina. It is with the bus company Aruana. It should cost 3.25 reais. When you get on tell the bus driver you want to get off at Cachoeira do Santuario. To return, a local bus departs Balbina at 1pm, so it should pass Santuario around 1:30pm. Make sure you stand on the road and wave it down. This runs every day except sundays. The Aruana bus departs Balbina at 4:30pm, so that should arrive at Santuario around 5pm. As times can vary, make sure to be at the side of the road early so you don't miss it.
Dozens of pousadas, most within walking distance of the bus station. Bargain for weekday discounts.
- Figueiredo Green Hostel, Av. Padre Calleri 60 / Av. Tancredo Neves, ☎ +559233241558. Nice Hostel, 4 bed dorms with aircon R35. Kitchen, cold showers, good internet, Bike rental R30 per day edit
There are numerous buses to Manaus. Some originate from Presidente Figueiredo, others are transit buses coming from Boa Vista. As the transit buses may or may not have seats available, you cannot book them. Just go to the bus station and view the timetable and book a direct bus if you can, or just wait there with your bags and try to get a transit bus.