Prato is a city of 186,710 habitants of Tuscany,immediately to the west of Florence, it is capital of the homonymous province since 1992.
The city is famous in Italy and worldwide textile production and the famous biscuit with almonds better known as "cantuccio".
In recent decades, Prato, has enjoyed a significant population boom and increased immigration. In fact it is currently the second city of Tuscany, the third of central Italy (after Rome and Florence) and the eighteenth in Italy for its population.
Prato and its Province are located in the heart of Tuscany, ideal location to reach the other famous cities in the region. The city and its surrounding area offer interesting and prestigious artistic itineraries, nature and gastronomy.
Spend the holidays in Prato means for tourists to dive into the past with an eye towards the future, a journey that goes to contemporary art from the Etruscans.
Prato is the low-profile cousin of Florence and Pisa in the Central Italy region of Tuscany. Not as mobbed with tourists and without the typical tourist ripoffs it is nonetheless rich with history, art, and great food. It's a great place to stay and save a few dollars while doing day trips to Pisa or Florence.
As regards the area, Prato is a city that is part of the north-east and covers about 100 square km. Located at the foot of the mountain of Retaia, is the highest peak of the town of Prato is the mountain Cantagrilli. The river through meadows and the Bisenzio, a tributary of the Arno.
In the province of Prato there are airports for civilian use. The nearest airports are: Tuscan Regional Airport Galileo Galilei di Pisa  e the Amerigo Vespucci di Firenze .
At the airport train station Pisa airport, which is directly connected with: the Santa Maria Novella station in Florence and Pisa Central Station (line Pisa - Lucca - Pistoia - Firenze). The airport is very close to the Pisa Nord motorway. From the Pisa Nord motorway should take the A11 motorway and continue towards Florence. West Lawn toll is about 65 km from Pisa, while the exit Prato Est is about 73 km away.
- AIRPORT OF FIRENZE – PRATO
The Amerigo Vespucci is located in Peretola and is as close to the province of Prato. The airport is not directly connected to the railway line. You can reach the station of Santa Maria Novella and Florence Rifredi using the bus. Arriving by car from Florence to Prato is very simple: the airport is the A11 motorway exit "Firenze Nord", which is only 5 km from the exit Prato Est and 13 km from the exit West Prato. There is a bus service between the airport and Prato (Prato Central Station) operated by the bus Cap and Lazzi. .
Driving in Italy is not for the faint-of-heart and Prato is no exception especially in the old center of the city where the city walls, narrow streets, and ubiquitous pedestrian zones make navigating and parking particularly difficult.
- The Central Station of Prato  is a large railway station serving the city of Prato. It is located on the Florence-Bologna and Florence-Prato-Pistoia-Lucca-Viareggio. There are also two other stations in the city, Prato Porta al Seraglio and the new station of Prato Borgonuovo.
- The Station of Prato Porta al Serraglio  is a railway station railway Maria Antonia. Least, is the second station in the city of Prato. Among the three stations of the city is the closest to the old town, being only five minutes walk from Piazza del Duomo.
- The Station of Prato Borgonuovo  is a small station on the outskirts of the city of Prato inaugurated on December 11, 2005. It is the latest of the city. It is located on the Florence-Prato-Pistoia-Lucca-Viareggio, has two tracks and two small loops shelters. On the first track passing convoys for Pistoia, Lucca and Viareggio. While the second track the convoys to Prato Central and Firenze Santa Maria Novella. Only regional trains stop.
Duomo of Prato: leaving the Piazza of Comune and leaving along the Corso Mazzoni you reach the large Piazza del Duomo, where stands the Cathedral of Santo Stefano. A splendid example of Romanesque - Gothic Tuscan, the Cathedral is characterized by clever use of two colors on alberese clear and serpentine green marble from Prato, typical materials of town until 1400. On the right side of the front is the famous pulpit, built between 1433 and 1438 by Michelozzo and decorated by Donatello, the pulipito was designed specifically for the Exposition of the Holy Girdle of the Virgin Mary, preserved in the chapel inside the Basilica.Splendidi and precious are the frescoes by Filippo Lippi in the Cappella Maggiore, the famous dance of Salome. Adjacent to the cathedral is the Bishop's Palace (XIV-XVII century), part of which is occupied by the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo.
In the territory of Prato, probably since the eighth century, there was a reorganization of the Church with the division into districts that were owned by new churches, the churches (from plebs, the people, namely the community of the baptized), with the baptismal font. The churches listed below are those that were already in medieval churches and are included in the diocese of Prato:
- San Giusto in Piazzanese 
- San Michele a Montecuccoli 
- San Pietro a Figline 
- San Vito e San Modesto a Sofignano 
- Santa Maria a Colonica 
- Santa Maria a Filettole 
- Sant'Ippolito e San Cassiano 
- Sant'Ippolito in Piazzanese 
Prato was long known as "City of the Virgin" for the strong Marian devotion that, initially linked to the veneration of the Sacred Belt, then grew with the construction of shrines dedicated to Our Lady (three parishes are today), these are is recently added one dedicated to St. Anthony Mary Pucci.
- Fourteenth century walls: within these gathered almost all the major historic buildings. The hexagonal circuit of the walls enclosing the original core city of Prato, dotted with ancient tower houses.
- Piazza San Marco: This is one of many contemporary works of art that the city hosts. The square-shaped cut of the famous contemporary sculptor Henry Moore.
- Emperor's Castle': Fortress, also known as Santa Barbara or Swabian castle, can be considered the most important architectural evidence of centuries XI-XIII.
- Piazza del Comune: created at the end of the thirteenth century, the intersection of two main roads of the city. In the central area of the square is the Fountain of Bacchino, which was cast in bronze between 1659 and 1665 by Ferdinando Tacca, during the recognition status of city of Prato. In front of City Hall (located in the square) is also found in white Carrara marble statue dedicated to the merchant of Prato, Francesco Datini Antonio Garella (1896).
- Town Hall: Located in Piazza del Comune in Prato, overlooking Praetorian Palace. It 'was created as the seat of the priors, linking different buildings. Currently it houses the Town Hall. In the hall of the Municipal Council are held two frescoes of the fourteenth century, representing an Allegory of Justice and Majesty. Inside the building are kept several portraits of the Podestà of Prato and the Granduchi of Tuscany.
- Praetorian Palace: is the old Town Hall Lawn, located in the town square in front of the current Town Hall. Since 1912 it houses the Museo Civico.
- Datini Palace: it was the home of the famous merchant Francesco di Marco Datini (Prato 1335-1410). He leaves an important witness to himself, made up of records and correspondence, which constitute a substantial fund today filed with the State Archives of Prato, which is housed in the old house.
- Centro per l'Arte Contemporanea "Luigi Pecci": .
- Museo Civico: (Under renovation) .
- Galleria virtuale: art museum of "Images of the sacred" permanent exhibition .
- Quadreria: collection of paintings held in the Town Hall .
- Museo dell'Opera del Duomo .
- Fondazione Museo e Centro di Documentazione della Deportazione e Resistenza .
- Museo di pittura murale .
- Centro di Scienze Naturali .
- RISTORANTE AMALFI  : 59100 Prato (PO), via Strozzi, 207. Tel: 338 8917671, 0574 483010.
- RISTORANTE PIZZERIA DA GIOVANNI - CAVALLINO ROSSO : 59100 Prato (PO), v. Pistoiese, 26. Tel: 0574 23143, email: [email protected] .
- RISTORANTE PIZZERIA IL MERCANTE : 59100 Prato (PO), v. Traversa il Crocifisso, 47. Tel: 0574 627174, email: [email protected]
- RISTORANTE PIZZERIA LO SCOGLIO : 59100 Prato (PO), v.Verdi, 42. Tel: 0574 22760, fax: 0574 23345, email: [email protected] .
- FANCY KING - RISTORANTE PIZZERIA : 59100 Prato (PO), v. Valentini, 21. Tel: 0574 581343, email: [email protected] .
- PIZZERIA IL RAGNO  di ADORNI ERALDO & C. s.n.c.: 59100 Prato (PO), v. Valentini, 133. Tel: 0574 596700.
- RISTORANTE PIZZERIA IL PICCOLO BORGO : 59100 Prato (PO), v. Ferro, 390/b. Tel: 0574 643060, fax: 0574 072872, email: [email protected] .
- PROTA CATERING : 59100 Prato (PO), v. Guinizelli, 20. Tel: 0574 634478, fax: 0574 638079, email: [email protected] .
- DON CHISCIOTTE : 59100 Prato (PO), VIALE GALILEO GALILEI, 21. Tel: 0574442903.
- IL PIRANA : 59100 Prato (PO), VIA GIUSEPPE VALENTINI, 110. Tel: 0574 25746.
- PEPE NERO : 59100 Prato (PO), VIA ADRIANO ZARINI, 289. Tel: 0574 550353.
- RISTORANTE PIZZERIA SANCHO PANZA : 59100 Prato (PO), VIA GIUSEPPE VALENTINI, 39. Tel: 0574757383.
- ENOTECA RISTORANTE RAZMATAZ : 59100 Prato (PO), PIAZZA MERCATALE, 107. Tel: 0574 448619.
- IL PALAZZOLO  de Il Pizzaiolo Ristorante E Pizza Tre Uno s.r.l.: 59100 Prato (PO), VIA MAZZINI GIUSEPPE, 37. Tel: 0574 400730.
- PIZZERIA RE NUDO  di Quattrocchi Domenico: 59100 Prato (PO), VIA BALDINUCCI QUIRICO, 3. Tel: 0574 27720
- ASPETTANDO HEMINGWAY  - Libreria art cafè: Via del Carmine, 15 - Prato. Telefono: 380 6808732, E-mail: [email protected] .
- BABALOO - Ristorante bar pub: Via Roma, 2/4 (Porta S. Trinita) - Prato. Telefono: 0574 448600. Wednesday: Four-course vegetarian menu at 20 euros. Sunday: Acoustic appetizer buffet and DJ sets from 19.00 to 23.00.
- BARAKA : Piazza Mercatale, 133 - Prato. Telefono: 0574 44226.
- CAFFÈ AL TEATRO : Via Verdi, 28 - Prato. Telefono: 0574 30658, E-mail: [email protected] . Musical evenings, perfect to end a night after a show (located opposite the Teatro Metastasio).
- CENCIO'S : Via Strobino 1 - Prato. Telefono 0574 580788.
- CONTROSENSO: Via Dino Saccenti, 31/33 - Prato. Cellulare 393 1151351, Email: [email protected] . Free admission for members ACSI. Concerts start at 23.00. Closed: Monday and Tuesday.
- ENOTECA RAZMATAZ : Piazza Mercatale 107/108/110 - Prato. Telefono: 0574 448619. Cellulare: 338 5690611 - 393 0521015, E-mail: [email protected] .
- EXENZIA CLUB : Via Ettore Sambo, 10 - Prato. Free admission for members ACSI. Cellulare: 336 3722344 - 333 3546607, Email: [email protected] . Concerts of various kinds, smoking area inside.
- HOP STORE : Via Terracini, 11 - Prato. Telefono: 0574 440629. Academy has the status of beer.
- I FRANCESCAIOLI - Ristorante - pizzeria - pub: Piazza San Francesco 8 - Prato. Telefono 0574 607499. Cellulare 348 7723940, e-mail: [email protected] . Monday: closed and open for lunch and dinner. Tuesday to Sunday: Open for lunch and dinner. Thursday and Sunday: Luca Moriani live. Friday: live music. Saturday: DJ set Eighties rock and pop with the Polda.
- KELLERPLATZ : Via Migliorati, 7 - Prato. Telefono 0574 41364. Concerts and live music.
- LA PASSERELLA  – music – discobar – lounge - dinner: via Sant'Antonio - Prato. E-mail: [email protected] . Open daily.
- LE BARRIQUE  - Wine bar: Via G. Mazzoni, 19 - Prato. Telefono e fax: 0574 30151, E-mail: [email protected] . Aperitif every evening. Wine-tasting.
- LOCH NESS : Via Santo Stefano, 24 - Prato. Telefono 0574 25187.
- NOTTETEMPO : Piazza Mercatale 122 - Prato. Telefono 0574 41528. Closed Mondays. Busy especially during summer. Live music on Thursday evening.
- PALASPORT BOWLING PRATO : Via F. Ferrucci 309 - Prato. Telefono: 0574 591310.
- PUB MOSTODOLCE : VIA DELL' ARCO, 6 - Prato. Telefono 0574 21973.
- SIDDHARTA  - alternative club: Via Traversa Pistoiese, 83 - Prato. Telefono: 0574 35906. Locally over the years has become increasingly renowned for the quality of concerts performed.
- WALLACE SCOTTISH PUB: Piazza Mercatale, 24 - Prato. Telefono 0574 442003.
- CHARME HOTEL  di SOGENERAL srl: 59100 Prato (PO), v. Badie, 228. Tel: 0574 553706 - 0574 550541, fax: 0574 597606, email: [email protected]
- HOTEL TRENDY : 59100 Prato (PO), v. Pistoiese, 833. Tel: 0574 799990, fax: 0574 798447.
- WALL ART HOTEL : 59100 Prato (PO), Viale della Repubblica, 4/6/8. Tel: 0574 389981, 0574 596600, fax:0574 575335.
- B & B IL BAGNOLO : 59100 Prato (PO), v. Labriola, 174. Tel: 0574 654335 - 345 2547747, fax: 0574 654335, email: [email protected] .
- ALBERGO GIARDINO : 59100 Prato (PO), v. Magnolfi, 4. Tel: 0574 26189 - 0574 606588 - 0574 606576, fax: 0574 606591, email: [email protected] .
- ALBERGO "IL GIGLIO" : 59100 Prato (PO), PIAZZA S. MARCO, 14. Tel: 0574 604351.
- ALBERGO "LE FONTANELLE" : 59100 Prato (PO), TRAVERSA IL CROCIFISSO, 6. Tel: 0574 623692.
- ART HOTEL : 59100 Prato (PO), VIALE DELLA REPUBBLICA, 272.Tel: 0574 5787.
- DATINI HOTEL: 59100 Prato (PO), VIALE MARCONI GUGLIELMO, 80. Tel: 0574 562348
- FLORA HOTEL : 59100 Prato (PO), VIA CAIROLI BENEDETTO, 31. Tel: 0574 33521 - 0574 400289, email: [email protected] .
- GOLF RESIDENCE di Residence Golf Hotel S.R.L.: 59100 Prato (PO), TRAVERSA IL CROCIFISSO, 24/N. Tel: 0574 621054 - 0574 623195.
- HOTEL PRESIDENT : 59100 Prato (PO), VIA SIMINTENDI ARRIGO, 20. Tel: 0574 30251.
- HOTEL SAN MARCO : 59100 Prato (PO), PIAZZA S. MARCO, 48. Tel: 0574 21321.
- HOTEL TOSCANA HOTEL : 59100 Prato (PO), PIAZZA CIARDI GIOVANNI, 3. Tel: 0574 28096, fax:0574 25163.