Poulsbo  is located on the Kitsap Peninsula in the Puget Sound region of Washington state.
Known as "Little Norway," Poulsbo was settled in 1892 by Norwegian loggers, farmers and fishermen who likened the fjord-cut landscape to their homeland.
Stroll down Front Street with its dozens of quaint and colorful shops offering everything from Scandinavian gifts to fine art, fashions, antiques and much more.
If shopping makes you a bit hungry, feast on handmade European chocolates, baked goods, fresh waffle cones, delicious smoked salmon or gourmet coffee in one of Poulsbo's fine restaurants and cafes.
If the great outdoors is your passion, rent a kayak and paddle scenic Liberty Bay, take a walking tour of the town, or simply relax along the boardwalk and look for seals, herons and eagles.
- Stroll down Front Street - all the shops and restaurants in Scandinavian decor and architecture
- Viking Fest - celebrates Poulsbo's Norweigian heritage in mid-May
- Scandia Midsommarfest - more of that Norweigian heritage celebrations
- Thomas Kemper Oktoberfest - last two weekends of September, think beer and sausage and you've got the idea
- Traditional Lutefisk Dinner - third Saturday in October
- Yule Log Ceremony - Santa, folk dancers, and lighting of the Yule Log
- Lighted Boat Parade - Santa visits via boat, kind of cool!
- Los Cabos Grill, 18751 State Hwy 305, (360)779-1445.
- Holiday Inn Express, 19801 7th Avenue N.E., ☎ +1 360 697-4400, . edit
- Green Cat Guest House, 25819 Tytler RD NE, 360-779-7569, . $99.00-140.00
- Poulsbo Inn & Suites (Poulsbo Inn), 18680 State Highway 305 NE, ☎ 360-779-3921, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. The Poulsbo Inn & Suites is the perfect place for Business or Pleasure. We offer many different getaways and discounts. We are close to all three Kitsap Naval Bases. We serve a wonderful Continental Breakfast Buffet including homemade waffles. 83-125. edit
- Poulsbo Inn & Suites (Poulsbo Inn), 18680 State Highway 305 NE, ☎ 360-779-3921, . checkin: 3:00 pm; checkout: 11:00 am. The perfect place for business or pleasure. Many different getaways and discounts available. We are within minutes of all Three Kitsap Naval Bases. Each morning a complimentary Continental Breakfast is served including homemade waffles. $83-$125. edit
- Foxbridge Bed and Breakfast, 30680 State Hwy 3 NE (8/10 of mi. s of Hood Canal Bridge), ☎ 1-360-598-5599, . checkin: 4pm; checkout: 6pm. Peace and serenity in the woods...hot, gourmet breakfast. Active military ID discount. $115. (n47.50.28,w122.36.54) edit