Potosi is in Southwest Wisconsin.
Potosi, Wisconsin is located in beautiful Grant County, situated on the Great River Road in Southwest Wisconsin, on the Mississippi River and bordering Iowa and Illinois. The World’s Longest Main Street, without an intersecting cross road, winds its’ way through the village of Potosi. Potosi is also Wisconsin's Catfish Capital of Wisconsin and has the World's largest Beer Can.
Potosi is located at 42°40′53″N 90°43′12″W
"There is no public transportation system in Potosi. Driving is the most popular way to get around in Potosi. However, during special events, such as the Potosi Brewfest, there are many transportation options organized by hotels, bars, bus groups, etc. that are available for getting to Potosi and back to larger cities (Dubuque, Madison, La Crosse, etc.).
Cycling is a popular activity. Many cycling groups will organize rides throughout the Potosi area.
- Potosi Brewery, Restaurant & Beer Garden (Potosi Brewing Company), 209 S Main St, Potosi, WI 53820, ☎ 608-763-4002 ("[email protected]), . Open every day (Monday - Sunday) from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM. The Bar may be open later on some days. Can call ahead for reservation.. edit
- ABA National Brewery Museum (ABA National Brewery Museum), Located in the Potosi Brewery, 209 S Main St, Potosi, WI, 53820, ☎ 608-763-4002 ([email protected]), . edit
- The Passage Thru Time Museum (The Passage Thru Time Museum). "Experience the rich heritage of the area, with emphasis on mining, farming, the historic Potosi Brewery and the Mississippi River. Displays of Native American artifacts, World War ll memorabilia, historic business paraphernalia, and Agricultural history may be seen. The museum also houses an extensive collection of photos and historic records, perfect for both the casual history buff and intensive researcher ." edit
Badger Hut Trail, Bird Watching, Fishing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Biking or Cycling, Camping, Tubing down the Grant River
- Potosi Beer (Potosi Beer, quality Wisconsin craft beer). Potosi beer is a quality craft beer brewed in Potosi, Wi at the Potosi Brewery. They use quality ingredients incorporating local suppliers and farmers. They have a lot of unique beer styles that are only available at the Potosi Brewery, so its highly reccomended to stop in and see what is on tap! Potosi beer can also be found at the gas stations, local bars, restaurants and grocery stores. All Profits from the Potosi Brewing Company go to charity! edit
- Local Wine. There is a local winery located across from the Potosi Brewery. It has a tasting room for you to stop in and sample the different wines and also sells local artisan cheeses and chocolates. edit
This is for helping the traveller find a place to lay his/her weary head: hotels, motels, hostels, camp grounds, pensions, etc. Give a general idea of good areas of the destination to try to find lodging. Other good info to include is high/low season, the importance of reservation, things to request (quiet room, view, airport pick up, etc).'
- Name of accommodation, Address (extra directions if necessary), phone number (email, fax, other contact if possible) . Days and times open. One to three sentences about the service, atmosphere, view, rooms, what have you. $lowprice-$highprice (extra price info).