Pordenone  is a city in the northeastern Friuli-Venezia Giulia region of Italy.
Even with measurements of only 38 square kilometers, Pordenone seems larger than it really is and packs in over 50,000 residents. The primary interest in Pordenone by Americans is due to the city's close proximity to Aviano Air Base and Pordenone's more numerous bars, restaurants, hotels, shops, and attractions than in the town of Aviano.
Most common route of arrival is the Venice Airport (VCE) and is a 45 minute car ride
The best resource for buying train tickets to and from Pordenone is Trenitalia.
Public transport is limited and rather expensive. There is a central bus station though located in downtown Pordenone with daily trips to and from Venice 18-22 Euro.
- Pordenone Legge, . One of the most important literature festivals in Italy. Held in September, featuring writers, philosophers, journalists, poets and artists in many locations in and around the city center. edit
- Casa Bianca. Moderately cheap restaurant. Serves great lunch and dinner menu items. Be sure to try the "Penne Carbonara" or the "Pizza Carbonara" (a cheese pizza with different cheeses, white Italian sauce, bacon, and a sunnyside up egg in the middle". Sounds a bit wierd, but definitely worth the try. A whole pie is usually sufficient for one person as it is very thin.) The staff is extremely friendly and they all speak English. edit
- Aviano Inn. Close to Aviano Air Base. Serves great lasagna and penne carbonara. Fairly cheap prices and usually frequented by Air Force Airman. Open late hours. edit
- Leaf cafe, Viale Dante. 7.15 am - 9 pm. Lovely cafe that serves, among otheres, a great double-shot americano coffee, matcha latte, very tasty sandwiches, cesar salads and delicious cakes. Free WI-FI and extremely friendly staff who can take care of customers' needs in English as well. edit
- Hotel Dall'Ongaro (Hotel Dall'Ongaro), Piazza Mazzini , 41 Loc. Ghirano di Prata - 33080 - Prata Di Pordenone - PN, ☎ +39 0434-622234. 3 star hotel in ancient villa with wine cellars, located few kilometers away from Pordenone city center." €55-€130. edit