Podujeve is the North East of Kosovo close to the border with Serbia.
In Albanian the city is called Podujevë, Podujeva or less frequently by it's historic Albanian name Besiana. In Serbian the city is called Podujevo. The majority of the population are Albanian.
Buses leave frequently from the the main bus station in Prishtina and should take about an hour.
Buses from Serbia that enter Kosovo through the Merdare border crossing will pass through Podujevë.
- Serbian Orthodox church of Saint Elijah the Prophet, located in the suburbs, just south of the Pinetree Park (Parku i pishave). It was erected in 1929, next to the Serbian cemetery. It was destroyed by Albanians in 1941, but rebuilt again in 1971. During the Kosovo war of 1999, Serbian population of the city was expelled and the church demolished. It was again demolished in 2004, when the cemetary was also desecrated, and damaged again in 2006 after partial recostruction. The church is currently closed.
- Pishina Paradise City, Rruga Xhamia, Podujeva (Opposite the mosque 'Xhamia Met.'). Swimming pool. edit
- Agnesa Shopping Center, (Next to Te Agnesa Restaurant). edit
- Barnatore Bonita, Rr. Bahri Fazliu, Podujeva (Close to the city hospital(spitali i qytetit)), ☎ 044157123. Opens 7am. Barnatore is the Albanian word for Pharmacy. edit
- Te Agnesa, Podujevë (Located on the main road to Prishtina just outside the town). Large restaurant with ourdoor seating. Normal European foods such as pizza served along with traditional Albanian foods. edit
- Metropol, (Located outside the town on the E80 just before the Merdare border crossing to Serbia.). Restaurant and Pizzeria open 24 hours. Perfect place for tired travellers to grab a coffee edit
- Plan B, Podujeve (Located on a side road off Ali Ajeti. Turn off opposite Route 666.). Bar upstairs with indoor and outdoor seating. Nightclub in basement. Very young crowd. edit
- ABC+, Podujeve. Large cafe/bar with nice decor and outdoor seating. edit
- Hotel Besiana, Zahir Pajzati, 11000 Podujevë, ☎ 044300093. Large hotel at the beginning of the main road into the town. Numerous rooms available. Parking available. edit
Batllava Lake(Albanian: Liqeni i Batllavës)is a lovely place to relax on a summer day. You can rent a pedal boat to go around the lake. There are also a few restaurants. It is situated between the villages of Batllava and Orlan about a twenty minute drive from Podujeva. Take the road Ali Ajeti and follow signs.