Plano is in Texas. It is north of Dallas.
Eastern Plano is easily accessible from US highway 75 (Central Expressway), which connects to interstate 20 and runs straight through the City. Western Plano is easily accessible from the Dallas North Tollway. The nearest airport is DFW International, which is approximately 30 minutes southwest of Plano. The public rail system, DART, does connect the airport to Plano. However, you must ride the train all the way through downtown Dallas, so make sure to allow enough time. Taxis and cars for hire are readily available.
Driving a car is by far the best way (and likely the only reasonable way) to travel in Plano. However, there is a public transit system, DART, with several bus lines and a light-rail line (the red line) that connects Plano to Dallas. A day ticket on DART costs US $5.00, $2.50 (Reduced for students with High School ID, Seniors 65+ and Children ages 5-14). Plano is a very large city, and a bike will not allow you to get where you want to be in a reasonable amount of time.
- Shops at Legacy. edit
- Cockroach Hall of Fame, 2231-B West 15th Street, ☎ 972 519-0355, . M - F 12:15PM - 5:00PM, Sa 12:00PM - 3:00PM. Museum started by a pest control specialist, featuring dead as well as very much alive and hissing cockroaches. Free. edit
- Angelika Film Center, 7205 Bishop Rd. Suite E6, ☎ 972-943-1300. The Angelika plays an impressive and diverse mix of independent films, and is the definitive cinema of choice for filmmakers and film lovers alike. Inside, the Café offers a light gourmet fare along with coffees, Champagne, beer and wine. edit
- Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, 6701 W Parker Rd (On Parker 0.5 miles west of Midway Rd. Going west it will be on your right.), . 5am - 11pm. A 200-acre park with a 2.3-mile paved path, a 2-mile unpaved path for off-road cycling, and many unpaved paths for pedestrians. edit
- Flying and Floating Toys, Arrowhead Leg 1, Hickory Creek, TX 75065, ☎ 214-621-8499, . 8am-9pm. Flying and Floating Toys offers boat and jet ski rentals + parasail rides and powered parachute rides at Lake Lewisville, just 15 minutes from Plano. Open 7 days a week from March thru October. Prices, pictures and driving directions on the website at: www.FlyingAndFloatingToys.com or call 214-621-8499 edit
- The Shops at Willow Bend, 6121 W Park Blvd. Plano, TX 75093 (NW corner of Park and Dallas North Tollway in Plano. DART Bus 347), ☎ (972) 202-7110, . Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 12pm - 6pm. A large two-story indoor mall. The mall caters to upper middle class. Most of the shops there are boutiques and expensive clothing stores. edit
- Collin Creek Mall, 811 North Central Expressway (On Central Expressway between Plano Pkwy and 15th st. DART FLEX route 870 from Downtown Plano station), ☎ (972) 422-1070, . Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 12pm - 6pm. A large two-story mall. This is an older mall, and there are stores for just about everyone in most price ranges. edit
- Plano Market Square Mall, 1717 E. Spring Creek Pkwy. (NW Corner of Spring Creek Pkwy and K Ave. DART bus 350), . Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 12pm - 6pm. A small to medium sized outlet mall. It's not as big and exciting as Grapevine Mills, but you can find some interesting things here if you don't mind poking around. The largest business here is Garden Ridge. edit
- Dallas Vintage Shop, 1855 N. Central Expressway (Southbound side of Central Expressway between Park Blvd. and 15th St. DART Bus #350 (closest bus stop is Park & Chisolm Pl)), ☎ (972) 422-7256, . Mon-Sat 10:00AM-7:00PM. While this is mainly a place to find costume supplies, it's also a very unique shop to find various used clothes, shoes, jewelry, clothing accessories, props, and anything related to dressing up. They're stocked floor-to-ceiling in this place, and the aisles are very, very narrow. This shop is unique in the fact that it's overflowing with personality and is possibly the most claustrophobic store in all of DFW. edit
- Outlet Malls, Stacy Rd, Allen. In Allen, best outlet mall in North Dallas Area. edit
- Flying and Floating Toys, Arrowhead Leg 1, Hickory Creek, TX 75065, ☎ 214-621-8499, . 8am-9pm. Flying and Floating Toys offers boat and jet ski rentals, parasail rides, and powered parachute rides at Lake Lewisville, about 15-20 minutes west of Plano. Prices, pictures, and driving directions are on the website at: www.FlyingAndFloatingToys.com or call 214-621-8499 Open 7 days a week from March thru October. edit
- Mitsuwa, 100 Legacy Dr,, ☎ (972) 517-1715, . Large supermarket specializing in Japanese cuisine and other items such as books, cookware, etc. They also have a large food court inside the store. edit
- California Pizza Kitchen, 6121 W. Park Blvd., Plano, TX 75093 (Next to Foley's), . Monday - Thursday:11:00 AM - 9:00 PM, Friday:11:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Saturday:11:00 AM - 10:00 PM, Sunday:11:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Serving unique and wonderful types of pizza. They'll make more traditional pizza styles as well if you're not feeling adventurous. Located at Willow Bend Mall. edit
- Chettinaad Palace, Central Expwy Service Rd @ W Parker Rd, . Cheap and delicious South Indian joint. Check it out.
- El Grande Burrito, 801 S. Greenville Ave., Allen (SE corner of Greenville Ave (HWY 5) & Bethany Rd), ☎ (214) 383-4789. In Allen. This little place has very good homemade, authentic Mexican food. Has dine-in or carry-out and is very reasonably priced. Serves breakfast/lunch/dinner. Don't forget the sopaipillas for dessert! $. edit
- For You Taste of Poland, 2301 N Central Expy, Ste. 155 (Southbound Central Expy between Parker and Park. Corner of Central Expressway and Enterprise Dr. DART Bus #350.), ☎ (972) 423-2458, . Tue-Thu 11 am - 9 pm, Fri-Sat 11 am - 10 pm, Sun 12 pm - 5 pm. All the delightful flavors of Polish cuisine in an upscale art cafe. If Polish food is completely foreign to you, then try the Tate of Poland for $25. It's big enough for two. A small Polish foods market and deli are also on site. $$. edit
- Little Gus's Cafe, (Coit and LEgacy). Best Brunch in Plano. edit
- Simon's Sushi, 810 North Central Expressway, Plano, TX, ☎ (972) 881-0818. Some of the best sushi in Plano. BYOB. Ask for the daily special menu. edit
- Thai Samba, 621 West Plano Parkway #247, Dallas Metroplex. . Phone: +1 972-509-7979, Delivery: +1 469-330-9700. Just a few of Thai Samba's signature dishes are, pepper steak, garlic chicken, cashew chicken, seafood noodle and seafood chili paste, lemon grass, and crab meat fried rice, which satisfy meat lovers as well as non-meat eaters. Located outside Collin Creek Mall across from Macy’s, around the corner from JoAnn Fabrics next to Verizon Wireless.
- PinStack Bowl, 6205 Dallas Parkway, ☎ 972-781-2695, . Fun restaurant having modern American cuisines and delicious menu items. A perfect scratch restaurant and playing area for fun games, team building activities etc. edit
- Buffalo Wild Wings, 3625 Central Expressway (West side of Central Expressway between Spring Creek Pkwy and Parker Rd. No DART bus stop within 1/2 mile.), ☎ (469) 467-9464, . Mon-Sat: 11am to 2am, Sun: 11am to 12am. This is part of a chain that has locations around the country. While this is officially a bar, they're still a good place to get some really good chicken wings, burgers, and various other finger foods. Almost everything there can be coated in one of 14 different sauces ranging from a mild and sweet BBQ sauce to their unbearably hot Blazin'. $$. edit
- Fillmore Pub, 1004 East 15th St (SE corner of 15th St and J Ave. DART Downtown Plano Rail Station.), ☎ (972) 423-2400, . Monday: 4 PM - 2 AM, Tues-Fri: 11 AM - 2 AM, Sat-Sun: 10.30 AM - 2 AM. An excellent pub located in Plano's historic district. This is one of several pubs located close together, making for an excellent pub crawl. It's usually very noisy and crowded on the weekends. $$. edit
- Jakes Joint, Parker. great atmosphere with outside patio and palm trees edit
- Plano Super Bowl. 24hr edit
- Red's Patio Grill, 4005 Preston Rd, Plano, . Unique quality american food also great tequila bar edit
- Vickery Park, 1011 E 15th St. (NE corner of 15th St and J Ave. DART Downtown Plano Rail station.), ☎ (972) 423-6205, . Every day 11am - 2am. A great place to drink, with a wide variety of beers, ciders and mixed drinks. Along with that they also have some tasty finger foods and sandwiches to go along with your alcohol. People can reserve the large room in the back for social gatherings. $$. edit
- 32 Degree Rooftop Bar, 1006 East 15th Street, ☎ (972) 509-1400, . Located in Downtown Plano, 32 Degree Rooftop Bar is named appropriately for the temperature at which they pour their pleasingly frigid beers. The bar is housed in Urban Crust, a wood-fired Italian restaurant which happens to make some of the best pizza in town. edit
- Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, 6840 North Dallas Pkwy, Phone: 1-972-473-6444. Offers 20 meeting rooms with 32,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. Close to Shops at Legacy, high-end shopping and dining. Complimentary shuttle. 
- Holiday Inn Dallas Plano Hotel, 700 East Central Parkway, (972) 881-1881  20 miles from Dallas, 30 miles from DFW Airport, and Dallas Love Field Airport is 20 miles from this Holiday Inn hotel. Plano center is under a mile down the road.
- Microtel Inn & Suites Plano, 19373 Preston Rd., Tel. 972-248-7045,  Free continental breakfast from 6:00am util 10:00am.
- AmeriSuites Dallas/Plano, 3100 Dallas Pkwy, (972) 378-3997  Close to DFW Airport and only 20 miles north of downtown Dallas.
- TownePlace Suites Dallas Plano, 5005 Whitestone Lane, Plano, Texas 75024 USA, ☎ 1-972-943-8200, . checkout: ". TownePlace Suites Dallas Plano is perfect for business or leisure. This hotel offers a comfortable atmosphere that is both productive and relaxing. edit
- NYLO Plano at Legacy (Plano Texas Boutique Hotel), 8201 Preston Rd. Plano, TX 75024, ☎ 972.624.6990, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 12pm. Ultramodern hotel with meeting space and package deals on rooms. edit
- Courtyard Dallas Plano Parkway, 4901 West Plano Pkwy, ☎ 9728678000, . The highlight of the new lobby is The Bistro which provides healthy offerings in the morning, plus dinner service with cocktail selections in the evening. Also has 2 meeting rooms, great for business meetings or social gatherings such as reunions and howers. $149-$159. edit
- Residence Inn Dallas Plano/Legacy, 5001 Whitestone Lane, Plano, TX 75024, ☎ 9724736761, . Spacious suites, a gym, outdoor pool, an event room, high-speed Wi-Fi, daily hot breakfast and a local shuttle. edit
- Fairfield Inn & Suites The Colony/Plano, 5909 Stone Creek Drive (Close to I-21), ☎ 972-370-7732, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 12:00pm. Stylish, affordable rooms and suites. Fairfield Inn & Suites The Colony/Plano is just 2 miles to Plano Legacy Park, Stonebriar Mall & the Shops at the Legacy. Free Wifi. Free Breakfast. (33° 4'55.46N,96°51'32.50W) edit
- Residence Inn The Colony/Plano, 6600 Cascades Ct (Close to I-21), ☎ 214-569-1155, . checkin: 3:00pm; checkout: 12:00pm. All suite hotel ideal for hotel stays of 1 or over 30 days. Just 2 miles to Plano Legacy Park, Stonebriar Mall, Shops at Legacy. Fully equipped kitchen, living area, free WiFi. (33° 4'53.24N,96°51'33.91W) edit