Pitlochry  is a town in Perth and Kinross.
- Pitlochry Railway Station is on the Highland Main Line from Perth to Inverness, which offers some fantastic views. Services are operated by First Scotrail . Direct trains from Edinburgh and Glasgow take 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Scottish Citylink  coaches from Edinburgh and Glasgow (via Perth) to Inverness stop in the main street.
- The best way to get around the local area is by car.
- Bike hire is available from a bicyle shop on main road; turn right if exitting station; at a cost of £24 per day (24 hours) or £18 for half a day (until the shop shuts at 1700).
- Pitlochry Dam and Fish Ladder, Pitlochry, PH16 5DR, ☎ +44 1796 472680, . Pitlochry Dam was constructed between 1947 and 1951, creating a man-made loch as well as a breeding site for greylag geese. This loch was named Loch Faskally and is approximately 5 kilometres long. The dam is home to the famous Pitlochry salmon ladder which provides a route for the salmon to make their way upstream along the River Tummel, beyond the dam itself. The dam is also significant for its contribution to the post-WW2 development of hydro-electric power which brought electricity to the Highlands. edit
- See a play at the Festival Theatre. 
- Go for a walk in the surrounding countryside, possibly climbing Ben Vrackie (841m) if you have the right kit and experience.
- Edradour Distillery, Pitlochry, PH16 5JP, ☎ +44 1796 472002, . Edradour is a Highland single malt Scotch whisky made in Pitlochry, from the distillery of the same name, which is reputed to be the smallest in Scotland. Established in 1825, the distillery has always been run by three men. Only twelve casks are produced each week. They have a paid tour (£7.50) which includes a dram. The stills are the smallest in use of any distillery in Scotland. Were they any smaller, they would be deemed by HM Revenue and Customs to be portable, with the implicit capacity for illegal production. There is a variety of whiskies available from the distillery. Most are chill-filtered, a process by which the esters and oils are removed, producing a cleaner look to the whisky, which when chilled or has ice added to it does not turn cloudy. There is also a non-chill-filtered 12-year-old malt, some of which goes into the "House of Lords" and "Clan Campbell" blends. £ 7.50. edit
- House of Bruar, By Blair Atholl, PH18 5TZ (Follow the A9 north past Blair Atholl), ☎ +44 1796 483236, . Located ten miles north of Pitlochry on the A9, the Falls of Bruar are a spectacular series of pools and waterfalls that are well worth a look if you're visiting the House of Bruar. One of the most picturesque walks in Pitlochry, the Falls of Bruar is a site of stunning natural beauty as the Bruar Water cuts a dramatic gorge through the rugged and rocky tree-lined landscape. Best viewed when in full torrent after heavy rain (not an uncommon occurrence in Scotland!), the Falls of Bruar are a truly stunning sight that really should be taken in if you're in the Pitlochry area. And with the House of Bruar conveniently located at the foot of the Falls, you can make a real day of it! edit
- Amor Cashmere & Tweed, 123 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, Perth and Kinross, Scotland, PH16 5AG (Short walk from Pitlochry train station.), ☎ +44 1796 472 202, . Specialists in highland clothing, home wares and gifts. Find tweed jackets, tartan cushions, cashmere scarves, merino throws and many other fine quality products. edit
- McKays Restaurant and Bar, 138 Atholl Road, PH16 5AG, ☎ +44 1796 473888, . McKays is known for good pub food, live music and live TV sport in Pitlochry. edit
- Kingfisher Bar, 75-79 Atholl Road, PH16 5BN, ☎ +44 1796 472027, . edit
- Pitlochry Backpackers Hotel, 134 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5AB, Scotland, ☎ +44 1796 470044, . Twin, double and dorm rooms are available plus a wonderful sunny lounge, overlooking the main street. £17-£50. (56.7039158,-3.7363188) edit
- Swallow Fishers Hotel, 75-79 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, Perth and Kinross, PH16 5BN, ☎ +44 1796 472000 ([email protected]), . edit
- Pitlochry Youth Hostel, Knockard Road,PH16 5HJ, 0870 004 1145, . Great 62 bed hostel near the town centre in a fine stone mansion. edit
- Dunalastair Hotel Suites (Dunalastair Hotel Suites), 1 The Square, Kinloch Rannoch, Scotland PH16 5PW, ☎ +44 (0)1882 580444, . checkin: 15:00; checkout: 11:00. An independent and individually designed hotel set in the heart of Kinloch Rannoch, the Dunalastair Hotel offers 32 luxury suites along with a licensed bar. Established as a boutique hotel with elegant and quality facilities, offering visitors to Rannoch and Highland Perthshire a home away from home luxury break in hotel serviced self-catering suites. (56.700567,-4.188485) edit
Go to Dunkeld and Birnam to see a tree from Shakespeare's Birnam Wood.