Pilica  is a historic town in southern Poland, situated north of Kraków in the Polish Jura mountains. There is a beautiful castle ruin there.
The best way is to take a bus from Ogrodzieniec or Zawiercie. There're also international buses from Prague, Ostrava, Brno, Munich, Vienna and Berlin stopping in Pilica. Timetables are available on E-Podroznik site. Katowice airport is located about 50 km from the town.
- The Smoleń castle was built by Casimir the Great in the 14th century. It was destroyed in 1655 by Swedish soldiers.
- There's a historic center with some old buildings and churches as well as palace.
- First world war cemetery with Austrian and Russian soldiers' graves's located in district of Biskupice.
- Zalew is a popular summer destination, you can rest or sunbath there but swimming is forbidden
- Dolina Wodącej (Wodąca Valley)
A natural valley composed by following landmarks:
- Skały Zegarowe (Clock Rocks).
- Góra Biśnik (Biśnik Mountain).
- Grodzisko Pańskie (Landlord's Settlement). Place where prehistoric people's settlements were found. Some parts of Grodzisko Pańskie trail has chains.
Wodąca Valley has many caves suitable for amateurs and beginners:
- Jaskinia na Biśniku — A place where prehistoric people's fossils were found. It's located on Biśnik Mountain
- Jaskinia Jasna k.Smolenia — A cave in Clock Rocks. Visiting the cave doesn't requite any torch.
- Jaskinia Psia — A cave on Biśnik Mountain. There's a nice interior. Cave has some narrow corridors.
- Jaskinia Zegar — A cave in Clock Rocks with nice interior. Some corridors are very narrow.
- Jaskinia Jasna w Strzegowej — A cave located near Strzegowa village. Visiting it doesn't require any torch.
There're many things to do in Pilica like resting on Zalew lake (swimming is forbidden), visiting Wodąca Valley and its caves as well as go skiing in Cisowa.
Sanctuary of Our Lady of Snow (Matki Bożej Śnieżnej) has its patron saint day 5th of August
You have to take head torch while visiting caves. ( It doesn't concern Jaskinia Jasna k.Smolenia and Jaskinia Jasna w Strzegowej). Wearing a helmet is recommendable while visiting other caves like. f.ex. Jaskinia Psia or Na Biśniku. Always say where you go and when are you going to come back. Meta Menardi spiders living in the caves are not poisonous but their bite can be very painful. Don't try to disturb bats or don't touch them! Some can transmit rabies. If you had an accident or other problems, call Jura Mountain Rescue Group (JOPR) : 985 .
- Pod Kolumnami, Senatorska 13. edit A B&B near Zalew lake, free WiFi, garden and terrace
- Willa u Źródeł, 17 stycznia street. edit A bungalow resort near Zalew lake , sauna, open air swimming pool, regular rooms also available
There're campers places near Zalew or Smoleń castle ruins. There's also a small camp place in middle of Wodąca Valley (near Grodzisko Pańskie rocks). There's also a forest car park good for campers and caravans located in Pradła.
- Ogrodzieniec — Place famous by its castle.
- Wolbrom — A small town with an artificial lake.
- Szczekociny — Place of one of the last Kosciusko's battles.
- Bydlin — Small village with church ruins
- Dzwono-Sierbowice — Village with Franciscan monastery and stone-made church
- Ojcowski National Park and Kraków — Well-known tourist attractions