North Phoenix is an area of Phoenix which includes the neighborhoods of Deer Valley, Desert View, North Mountain, North Gateway, and New Village.
Deer Valley Airport (IATA: DVT) +1 623 869-0975  is a large municipal airport in North Phoenix. It is located at 7th Ave. and Deer Valley Rd., approximately 20 mi (32 km) from downtown Phoenix. KDVT is a municipal airport that primarily services private pilots and business jets. The FBO Cutter Aviation  provides aviation fuel and a variety of guest services.
The major freeway in the North Phoenix area is Interstate 17, which connects Phoenix to Flagstaff. The Loop 101 Agua Fria Freeway connects Phoenix to other cities including Scottsdale, Tempe, and Mesa in the East Valley and Glendale, Peoria, and Goodyear in the West Valley.
The below are the north/south bus routes going up to Deer Valley Village north of the I-17 / AZ-101 junction. Note that bus services out here are limited and slow going compare to driving. The following are the north and south routes crossing through NW Phoenix.
- #19 goes from S 27th Ave & Baseline to W Pinnacle Peak & N 23rd Ave along 19th Ave. Stops into S 15th Ave & Washington west of downtown, on the other side of the park from state capitol.
- #27 goes from S 27th Ave & Lower Buckeye Rd to N 27th Ave & Deer Valley Rd along N 27th Ave (most of the way) and N 31st Ave.
- #35 goes from S 27th Ave & Baseline & N 23rd Ave & Happy Valley Rd along 35th Ave.
- #43 goes from W Buckeye & S 43rd Ave up to Union Hills & N 43rd Ave along 43rd Ave
The following are the east & west routes near or through Deer Valley:
- #138 goes along Thunderbird between 105th Dr & Santa Fe in Sun City to N 32nd St & E Thunderbird north of Paradise Valley.
- #154 goes along Greenway from W Greenway & N 51st Ave to the Scottsdale P&R at Thunderbird & N Scottsdale Rd
- #170 goes along Bell Rd from the Arrowhead Town Center to E Raintree Dr & N Northsight Blvd in N Scottsdale
- #186 goes along Union Hills from the Arrowhead Town Center to N Scottsdale Rd & Mayo Blvd.
See http://www.valleymetro.org for additional bus routes and for the trip planner program.
Ben Avery Shooting Facility, 4044 W Black Canyon Blvd (Take I-17 North to Exit 224 Carefree Hwy (AZ 74). The facility is on the N side of the road just after the interstate), ☎ +! 623 582-8313, . is the largest outdoor shooting facility in the country. The favorable weather provides excellent year-round conditions for shooting. Eye protection is required; ear protection is recommended. $7 Adult all-day pass, 18 and under free. edit
Deer Valley Rock Art Center, 3711 W Deer Valley Rd., ☎ (623) 582-8007, . features a museum and visitor center dedicated to the preservation of historic petroglyphs and pictographs at the base of Hedgpeth Hills. A must see for geologists and archaeologists. $7 Adults, $4 Seniors and Students, $3 Children (Ages 6-12), Children 5 and under are free. edit
Pioneer Living History Village, 3901 W Pioneer Rd (Take I-17 North of Phoenix to Exit 225 Pioneer Rd. PLHV is just W of the interstate), ☎ +1 623 465-1052, . A historically accurate recreation of an 1800s frontier town located between Phoenix and Anthem. Over 30 buildings provide a living example of what frontier life was like over 100 years ago. $7, $6 Seniors (60+), $5 Students (Ages 6-18), Children under 5 free. edit
- North Mountain, 7th St north of Peoria Ave (Entrance on 7th St, north of Peoria Ave and south of Thunderbird Rd), ☎ 602 262-7901, . 5AM to 7PM. Picnic areas, hiking trails, excellent view of the city from above. An oasis of desert inside the city limits. free. edit
The Shops at Norterra  is a major retail power center is located at I-17 on the north side of Happy Valley Rd. Anchor stores include a Harkins 14-screen cinema, Best Buy, and Dick's Sporting Goods. Many smaller retailers and casual dining restaurants are also in the shopping center.
- Fuego Bistro, 713 E Palo Verde Dr (1 block S of Bethany Home Rd, 100 yards E of 7th St), ☎ +1 602 277-1151, . Tu-Sa 11AM-2PM, 5PM-9PM. This unique setting offers diners a cozy dining room, patio beneath the stars, and a full service bar. Patrons can feast upon authentic Cuban, Puerto Rican and Latin American favorites such as Pernil Asado, Ropa Vieja and Arroz con Gandules. $$$. edit
- The Lodge at Sun Ridge, 12129 W Bell Rd, Surprise, ☎ +1 800-337-6667, . Near Phoenix, is conveniently located between the three Sun Cities in the Northwest Phoenix valley, offers an unbelievable opportunity to enjoy the splendor of Arizona at incredibly affordable prices. edit
- Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic, 5665 E. Mayo Boulevard, ☎ +1 480 563-1500, . edit
- Courtyard Phoenix North, 9631 North Black Canyon Highway, ☎ +1 602 944-7373, . edit
- Drury Inn & Suites, 2335 W Pinnacle Peak Rd (I-17 and Pinnacle Peak Rd), ☎ (623) 879-8800, . edit
- Homewood Suites Phoenix North Happy Valley, 2470 W Charlotte Dr (W Charlotte Dr & West Quest Dr which is accessed from W 23rd. Closer to W Pinnacle Peak Rd at Exit #217 of I-17), ☎ +1 623 580-1800, . Great location off I-17 in north Phoenix. All suites have a fully equipped kitchen. Hot breakfast buffet, Welcome Home reception Mon-Thur evenings, free hi-speed internet access, business center, outdoor pool & whirlpool, fitness center. edit
- Sleep Inn Phoenix North, 18235 N 27th Ave, ☎ +1 602 504-1200 (fax: +1 602 504-6100), . A North Phoenix hotel near Deer Valley Airport. edit
- Sheraton Crescent Hotel, 2620 W Dunlap Ave, ☎ +1 602 943-8200, . Located in the heart of Phoenix's bustling high-tech commerce corridor and 30 min from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, the Sheraton Crescent Hotel is also close to the MetroCenter Mall, NHL hockey at the Glendale Arena, and baseball spring training at the Peoria Sports Complex. edit
- Quality Inn and Suites, 9455 N Black Canyon Hwy, ☎ +1 480-967-7100 (fax: +1 480 921-7400), . A Phoenix hotel near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. edit