This article is a travel topic
Philippine Airlines is the first airline in Asia and operates both international and domestic flights from its hubs in Manila and Cebu. It currently has a 4-star rating by Skytrax.
Key airports and destinations
- Manila(IATA: MNL) is Philippine Airlines' main hub and connects Manila with other 19 cities in the Philippines and internationally it connects the Philippines with 24 cities in 12 countries.
- Cebu(IATA: CEB), the second hub of Philippine Airlines, currently connects Cebu with Manila, Davao, Seoul-Incheon and Tokyo-Narita.
- Davao Francisco Bangoy International Airport (DVO)
- Iloilo International Airport (ILO)
- Bacolod-Silay (BCD)
- Kalibo (KLO)
- Legaspi (LGP)
- Caticlan (MPH)
- Tacloban-Daniel Z. Romualdez Airport (TAC)
People's Republic of China
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Beijing-Capital (PEK)
- Shanghai-Pudong (PVG)
- Xiamen-Gaoqi (XMN)
- Macau (MFM)
- Hong Kong (HKG)
- Seoul-Incheon (ICN)
- Busan-Kimhae (PUS)
- Tokyo-Narita (NRT)
- Osaka-Kansai International Airport (KIX)
- Nagoya-Centair (NGO)
- Fukuoka (FUK)
- Singapore-Changi International Airport (SIN)
- Jakarta-Soekarno Hatta (CGK)
- Bangkok-Suvarnabhumi (BKK)
- Ho Chi Minh-Tah Son Nhat (SGN)
- Denpasar (Bali) (DPS)
- Sydney-Kingford Smith (SYD)
- Melbourne-Tullamarine (MEL)
- Darwin (DRW)
- Brisbane (BNE)
- Guam-A.B. Won Pat International Airport (GUM)
- Honolulu Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Toronto International Airport (YVT)
- London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
United Arab Emirates
- Dubai International Airport (DXB)
- Abu Dhabi Airport (AUH)
- Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport (JED)
- Riyadh King Khalid Internatonal Airport (RUH)
Note: Bombardier Dash aircrafts are operated by PAL Express/Air Philippines; subsidiaries of Philippine Airlines.
- A319 is fitted with PAL's new cabin interiors, Mabuhay class having IFE with AVOD while Fiesta class having IFE drop down screens. The aircraft is used only in Asian and domestic flights.
- A320, the newer A320s are fitted with IFE offering AVOD in Mabuhay class, mostly used in Asian and domestic flights.
- A330-300 is primarily and mostly used in major short-medium haul flights within Asia and to and from Australia, it is also sometimes used in high capacity domestic flights.
- B747-400 offers PAL's new cabin interiors and are first range of aircrafts of PAL to offer their new cabin products, Mabuhay class is equipped with IFE with AVOD and same goes with Fiesta class, each class having Personal TV(PTV) screens. It is used in flights to and from Middle East, Australasia and North America.
- B777-300ERs are the newest set of aircrafts of PAL, it is fitted with IFE along with AVOD both in Fiesta and Mabuhay class, it is used in flights within Asia and to Australia.
- Bombardier Dash 8 Q300 and Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 are currently operated by Philippine Airline's subsidiary; PAL Express, which used in inter-regional flights within the Philippines.
Frequent flyer program
Mabuhay Miles is Philippine Airlines' frequent flyer programme. To sign-up get a form at the check-in counter or ticketing office. You will be given a temporary membership card which can be used for your first transactions. Make sure you quote your membership number when making reservations and present the card at the airport.
An fiesta (economy class) deal ticket earns 25% of miles flown, a fieta flex/plus/saver ticket earns 100% of actual miles flown, a Mabuhay (business class) classic earns 125% of actual miles flown and a Mabuhay Premium earns upto 150% of actual miles flown. For example, a flight from Manila to Los Angeles will earn 7,290 miles if a passenger flies on a Fiesta Flex ticket but 10,935 miles if a passenger purchases a Mabuhay Premium Ticket.
Passengers can also accrue miles from ground partners like HSBC, Allied Bank, BDO and Citibank credit cards and up to 500 miles per qualifying stay at hotel chains like Shangri-la, Marco Polo, Golden Tulip and Best Western.
To redeem miles, a passenger should call their local Philippine Airlines reservations hotline and visit a ticketing office with the signed forms and cash/credit cards (for the taxes and surcharges) to collect the itinerary receipts. This must be done in 3 days of calling the reservation hotline otherwise their reservation can be forfeited/released to other passengers.
Round trip flights between Los Angeles and Manila require at least 60,000 miles of redemption. Visit this site for more information on miles required for redemption: https://www.mabuhaymiles.com/Images/PDF%20-%20Redemption%20Chart%20as%20of%20Feb%202011_tcm42-25811.pdf .
In addition to free flights or complementary upgrades, Mabuhay Miles has tiers for those who fly more frequently than others: Elite, Premier Elite and Million Miler. Earning these tiers require passengers to fly for a certain number of miles or segments.
Mabuhay Miles Tiers
- Redeemable free flights and service class upgrades
|1,000 Miles on eligible published fares with Philippine Airlines and partners.
- 25% bonus on actual miles flown for all flights on Philippine Airlines
- Mabuhay Lounge access and participating VIP lounges
- Priority reservation waitlist
- Priority check-in, boarding, luggage handling
- Priority airport standby (higher priority for a seat on the next available flight in case of flight cancellations)
- Additional luggage allowance of ten kilograms flying on Philippine Airlines-operated flights (except to/from the United States and Canada)
- SportsPlus Global and partner privileges
|25,000 miles or |
30 one way segments in Fiesta class or
15 one way segments in First or Mabuhay class within a calendar year
- Receive all the benefits of Mabuhay Miles Elite
- 75% bonus on actual miles flown traveling to and from the United States and Canada on Philippine Airlines
- For all other flights on Philippine Airlines, a 25% bonus on actual miles flown
- Receive 2 upgrade travel certificates
- Invite a traveling companion to the Mabuhay Lounge
|45,000 miles or |
50 one way segments in Fiesta class or
25 one way segments in First or Mabuhay class within a calendar year
- Receive all the benefits of Mabuhay Miles Premier Elite
- Lifetime Premier Elite Membership
- Highest level of priority and recognition
|1,000,000 miles accumulated from the beginning of one's membership