Petworth is a town in West Sussex.
Petworth is a historic town, best known for the stately home Petworth House and Petworth Park. With a good selection of pubs and restaurants Petworth is a nice place for a day trip or a good stopping point on a trip down to the coast.
Petworth is on the A272 between Midhurst and Billingshurst.
Bus service to Worthing and Pulborough via Stagecoach route 1, and via Compass bus 99 to Chichester.
Nearby: Visit the church at Tillington and the Horse Guards pub, about 2 miles west.
Petworth Park - The grounds known as Petworth Park are owned and maintained by the National Trust.
- Browse Antique shops - like neighboring Arundel, Petworth is also known for its antique shops
- Petworth Arts Festival in July
- The Cooperative - Supermarket, right on the main square - small supermarket with a bit of everything
- Hungry Guest Deli - same owners as the cafe of the same name, but more of a gourmet shop, also serves coffee and fresh bread.
- Hungry Guest Cafe - Great place for coffee, breakfast or lunch; high quality food at reasonable prices
- Basmati Restaurant, Indian restaurant in market square, The entrance is not easy to see but it's worth it if you can find it.
- Tasty Plaice - Fish and Chips
- Goodwill House - Chinese
- Angel Inn - Pub, restaurant and B & B, an old-world gastro-pub with charming garden.
- The Star - Traditional style pub serving food, right in the centre, next to Leaconfield Hall
- Badgers, Coultershaw Bridge. 01798 342651, pub about a mile out of town, specialty of tapas
- The Grove Inn, Grove Lane., cosy pub about 10 minutes walk down a country lane, or 2 min by car from the centre
- Coco Cafe and Sugar Lounge - Cafe and Chocolate shop
- Tiffins Tea Room, 21 High St, Town Centre, Petworth GU28 0AU, 01798 344560
- Angel Inn
- The Old Railway Station
- Buckfold B&B, Foxhill, Petworth GU28 9PA
- High Hampstead, Lurgashall, Petworth GU28 9EX,
- Ashleigh Bed and Breakfast, Fisherstreet | Northchapel, Petworth GU28 9EJ
- The Stonemasons Inn, North Street, Petworth GU28 9NL