Permet is a city in Southeastern Albania.
The greenest and the cleanest town in Albania, also known as the "city of roses." The small town of Permet is famous for its folk music and renown clarinetists Laver Bariu and Gezim Duralliu, literature personalities, and the good cooking, especially sweets, the so called 'gliko', or preserves.
You will be served good wine and raki in Permet and around.
- Visit Permet Tourist Info Center, Kompleksi Kulturor Përmet, Shëtitorja “Odise Paskali”, 2nd floor, Përmet., ☎ +355 67 40 97 240, +355 813 237 25, . Monday to Friday 09:00 - 18:00, Saturday 09:00 - 12:00. edit
- Have a hike at nearby Fir of Hotova National Park and visit picturesque villages such as Vithkuq.
- Multicultural Permet Festival showcasing the best of local folklore
- Partisan monuments featuring socialist realism art work
- Natural Spa at Benja, (15-20 minutes drive from town centre). visit 6-7 different Natural Spa in Benja edit
The thing to do in Permet is to climb a big rock , it's very near to the center of the town, it's called the rock of town looking over the town and Vjosa river. Let's say this is the point of observation of the town.There is a famous Spa very near to Permet, in Bënja, you may take a taxi or even walk if you want. Ask around for directions, the location is south of Permet. The hot spring is situated in a scenic sorround.
- Gliko Permeti (one of the traditional home made sweets, you can find it with walnuts, plum, watermelon skin, cherry etc.)
- Byrek me dy peta (home made pie with two layers, you can have it with cheese, tomato and onions, and means meet)
- Shqeto permeti. is the only town you can enjoy this kind of soup, you have to try this edit
- Raki Permeti (home made Raki is the one of the most popular alcoholic drink in Albania, the best one is in Permet.. you can have it from grapes, plums, mulberry, etc) p.s very strong
- Vere Permeti (home made wine red and white, very smooth and easy drinking, also the best one in south Albania )
- Hotel Alvero, Sheshi Abdyl Frasheri, Permet, Albania, ☎ +355 813 23514, +355 68 23 39 508, +355 68 20 81 334 ([email protected]). edit
- Hotel Permeti, Sheshi Abdyl Frasheri, Permet, Albania, ☎ +355 813 23687, +355 69 21 13 551, +355 69 40 58 218 ([email protected]), . edit