Perdido Key and bird at twilight
Perdido Key  is a barrier island at the western tip of Florida's Panhandle.
Perdido Key is a short distance south west of the city of Pensacola. It is the furthest west beach in Florida, and one of the most beautiful beaches on the Gulf Coast.
Perdido means "lost" in Spanish, and this means a lot. This is the Florida experience we remember from years ago but with a modern, upscale twist. Like its sister towns, Perdido Key boasts sugar white sands and crystal water. Although boutiques and quaint eateries dot the landscape in Perdido Key, the area feels somewhat removed, enjoying a slower pace. Boating and fishing are naturals in this relaxed community.
The unspoiled, white sands of Perdido Key enjoy a history rich in lore. Rumor has it that pirates buried treasure along the precarious shoals of Perdido Bay where it enters the Gulf. Today, people still wander the beach hoping to uncover the lost treasures. Because of its unique geography the Key is one of the most natural and beautiful areas along the Gulf Coast. Here, the waves invite laughter and surfing, diving and sport fishing. The back bays and lagoons are ideal for boating or waterskiing. No doubt you’ll believe Florida's Perdido Key brims with treasure, whether or not you find anything buried.
The closest airport is Pensacola Regional Airport (IATA: PNS)  in Pensacola.
Florida State Route 292 links Perdido Key with Pensacola.
Perdido Key Drive, part of Florida State Route 292, is the island's main road and follows the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Good Time Tours Inc. Daily trips to the casinos in Biloxi, 455 Corday St, Pensacola, 1-800-446-0886, .
- Orange Beach Helicopter Tours, 25405 Perdido Bch Blvd, Orange Beach, Alabama, 1-866-980-4354. .
- Perdido Key Parasail Tours, P O Box 34428, Pensacola, 1-850-492-4000.
- Johnson Beach Park. On the eastern end of the island, part of the Gulf Islands National Seashore. $8 per car admission (re-entry allowed, for example if you wish to drive out for lunch and come back). Services and showers near the entrance; very quiet peaceful beach especially at the far end.
The beautiful beach!
- Big Lagoon State Park, 12301 Gulf Beach Highway, Pensacola, Florida 32507, ☎ (850) 492-1595, . 8:00 AM until sundown. This fantastic little park is only one square mile, but you wouldn't know it's so small from its many amenities. Hiking and birdwatching are the main attractions, and you can also camp, fish, picnic, and canoe around the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway. $6 per vehicle, $4 for a single person. edit
- John Hill Photography, 14950 Innerarity Point Road. Pensacola, FL. 32507 (Close to Perdido Key and Al. Beaches), ☎ 850-492-1537, . Multi-award winning photographer specializing in beach portraits, special events, parties, children, sports, fine art, concerts, real estate, pets and much more. edit
- A-1 Charters, 5574 Ponte Verde Ct, 1-888-272-7985, .
- Reel Surprise Charters , 24964 Wolf Bay Terrace, Orange Beach, Alabama, 1-800-806-7889.
- The America II at Hudson Marina , 4575 South Wilson Blvd., Orange Beach, Alabama, 1-251-981-4127.
- Hub Stacey's 5851 Galvez Road (from Innerarity Point Road turn south on to Galvez at the Fire Station). Good food and drink with a great view of the bay
- Lillian's Pan Pizza, 13821 Perdido Key Dr., 1-850-492-0131, .
- The Original Point Restaurant , 14340 Innerarity Pt Rd., 1-850-492-3577.
- The Reef, 13595 Perdido Key (near the intersection of Johnson Beach Road). Restaurant is upstairs from the bar.
- Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 13584 Perdido Key Dr., 1-850-492-1701.
- Flora-Bama Lounge  17401 Perdido Key Drive, at the far western end of Perdido Key right on the border with Alabama. Raucous road-house dive; live music nightly and also in the afternoons during the weekend.
- Hub Stacey's 5851 Galvez Road. Nice view of the bay; sometimes has live music on weekends.
Perdido Key has few hotel rooms, but there are many rentals of furnished condominums. Most require 3 night stays. For other options, remember central Pensacola is an easy 20 minute drive away.
- Luxury Coastal Vacations, 13700 Perdido Key Drive, ☎ 850-332-5120, . checkin: 4PM; checkout: 10AM. Offers over 200 Luxury Vacation Rentals in Perdido Key and Orange Beach, AL. Located at the Villagio Shopping Center in the heart of the Key. Upscale beachfront and waterfront properties for all party sizes and budgets. Varies. edit
- Eden Condominiums 16281 Perdido Key Drive, 800-523-8141 . Aptly named; feel like you're in the French Riviera at this fine resort overlooking the beach.
- Island Paradise at Purple Parrot Island Resort, 13555 Perdido Key Blvd., . Newly redecorated villa offers elegant, yet comfortable, tropical décor which will immediately set the mood for an exciting but relaxing vacation.
- Meyer Rentals, tel. 1325705048 . Offers various furnished condominiums.
- Perdido Key Resort Rentals, 14758 Perdido Key Drive, 800.598.1888, . Stay in beautifully furnished, Gulf front condos and beach houses on Perdido beach. Choose from 100s of rentals for a fantastic family vacation.
- Windemere, 14511 Perdido Key Drive, ☎ 850-492-9889, . Just a few short steps away from the most beautiful and eight miles of unspoiled nature preserve along the Gulf of Mexico. Offers luxurious one, two, three, and four bedroom units with fabulous views. Four bedroom units feature wrap-around balconies, whirlpool tubs, and two gulf-front masters. Additional features include gulf-side elevated pool with poolside cabanas, conference room, and covered parking. edit
- Indigo, 13621 Perdido Key Drive, ☎ (850) 492-9024, . Overlooking the Gulf of Mexico, this breathtaking high-rise resort features an incredible tropical pool with a waterfall rushing amid lush vegetation. Additional features include children's water play area, elevated spa, reflection benches, and gazebo. Luxurious interior appointments include granite countertops throughout the units, whirlpool tubs, washer/dryer and floor-to-ceiling view of the gorgeous beach and Gulf. Enjoy amenities such as Hydro tennis courts, fitness center, social club, theater, and covered parking. edit
- Spanish Key, 17287 Perdido Key Drive, ☎ 850-492-9024, . This fabulous mid-rise resort, reminiscent of the graceful architecture of Barcelona, offers spacious three bedroom units designed to enhance the natural beauty of Perdido Key. Each residence comes complete with master bath garden tub, wet bar, washer/dryer and waterfront balcony with dazzling Gulf view. Spanish Key also features an indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center, sauna, two gazebos, lush landscaping, and access to scenic Old River. Conveniently located between Pensacola, Florida and Gulf Shore, Alabama, the Spanish Key is within steps of the Flora-Bama. edit
- Perdido Key Resort Management, 13700 Perdido Key Drive B122 Pensacola, FL 32507, ☎ (866) 760-7576, . Offering Perdido Key rentals, great selection and rates. edit
The city of Pensacola is a 15 to 20 minute drive to the north east.
The Alabama Gulf Coast begins a short drive to the west.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!