Patong (pronounced bpàa dtaawng) (หาดป่าตอง) is the largest beach resort on the island of Phuket. This article also includes Kalim, a series of small beaches just north of Patong.
The south end of Patong Beach
Patong is a party capital of Asia, with a world famous night life and a great beach. Mostly made up of hotels, world class restaurants, nightclubs and various tourist attractions, this is a hedonists' heaven of night life, with numerous entertainment complexes and countless bars clustered together in and around Bangla Road and the beach road. The town has a very obvious female, transgender and male sex industry to cater to every taste, however to only view it as this is a mistake, it offers so much more, for families and couples too.
Massage parlours of the erotic as well the therapeutic (Nuad Thai) genre provide less alcohol/drug infested venues for punters and wellness seekers. One can even find masseuses practising this medical art atop bamboo mats on the beach sands (100 baht and up).
Prices are higher than in Phuket Town, but there's more budget accommodation here than at the more southerly beaches. In Dec/Jan is high season so prices are at least double for hotels.You will be lucky to get anything decent (aircon) under B1000 at this time.
This may not be a good destination for the average backpacker, except in the rainy season when prices are far lower. However this is not Patong's stated market, it is fairly and squarely aimed at holidaymakers and does it rather well.
Rooming houses ('mansions') a few blocks inland provide nice, clean air-con rooms and suites as cheaply as 300 baht/day (less without air-con), or 3,000-10,000 baht/month. However Patong has every type of accommodation imaginable, from home stays to 5 star palaces.
Beach Road and the immediate surrounding areas were hit hard by the December 2004 tsunami, however the only signs now remaining are the "tsunami" titles on sale at the VCD/DVD vendors. There are still Tsunami Evacuation Route signs around the island that you should take note of. Remember that if a strange event at the beach occurs where the tide suddenly pulls back far from the shoreline, get to high ground quickly using these signposted routes or to a high level of a solid structural building.
Early warning systems have been improved since 2004 and it is likely you will receive some sort of warning if a major earthquake or seismic event occurs nearby or offshore.
Phuket Island in general and Patong Beach in particular are visited about once per year by ships of the United States Navy. The sailors are generally well behaved and are policed by their own Shore Patrol. As Phuket is not considered big enough, very large navy ships usually visit Pattaya instead.
Patong's three main axes are the aptly named Beach Road (Thanon Thawiwong) and Thanon Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi (the last bit means "200 years" and is pronounced song roi bee) running parallel a few hundred metres inland, bisected at the midpoint by the world famous Soi Bangla. These roads are one way streets- the beach road runs to the right of the beach as you face it, and Rat U Tit Road runs in the other direction. Transport into the beach comes from Phuket Town/Airport etc, along this road.
Running parallel to the Beach Road and Rat-U-Thit about half a kilometre inland is Nanai Rd which is the residential expatriate area and has many cheaper guest houses and hotels. The restaurants on this road tend to be cheaper as well as beers which can be had for 50 baht a bottle generally.
Between Nanai Rd and Rat-U-Thit is the new bypass road which is almost open, suitable for motorbikes at present and braver car owners. This road runs behind the huge Jungceylon shopping centre and past the local fresh fish and vegetable market 'Baanzan', well worth a visit if you are self catering.
The best time for visiting Patong beach may be during the winter, from November until March. The weather is cool and comfortable. The average temperature is around 24°C to 32°C. On the other hand, the hottest time is from April to May and the average temperature is around 27°C to 36°C. The weather is hot with heavy rain.
Phuket International Airport is 35km to the north of Patong. "Limousine" taxis from the airport to Patong are a steep 800 baht (45min); meter-taxis 700+ baht (from the meter-taxi stand at the airport: ignore the touts and turn right as you exit the terminal); shared minibuses limit the damage to 180 baht (and on the way the driver stops to "get information about your destination" at a shop, where you will be sold tickets for activities. It's a scam. Don't buy.) All the drivers at the airport seem to be working in collusion making negotiating a cheaper price impossible. An even cheaper (however, also more time consuming) option is to take the comfortable air conditioned airport shuttle bus to Phuket Town (85 baht, 1h), and switch there to a local bus to Patong (see "#By bus" section, below). Alternatively, if you know the right road, you can get off the bus after you pass the Big C shopping centre on the right (the airport bus goes to the left there, and the road to Kathu and then Patong is to the right from the same intersection), and try to catch a local bus to Patong there, which also passes that intersection. Local buses to Patong are clearly marked in English and in Thai.
Recently Airport bus to Patong town has also started service with fare of 130 Bhats. Bus leave from Airport Bus Terminal every hour.
Airport Bus Express: Travels between airport & Patong, service also include Kata and Karon. The fare to Patong is currently B150 and to Kata and Karon is B200. Tickets can be bought from the driver.
The first bus will be outside the old main passenger terminal at Phuket International Airport at about 7:30am so to serve passengers arriving on the early flights. The bus will be parked at bus stop at the northern end
of the terminal. Just follow the signs; as you exit the terminal, turn left and walk to the end of the building – bus will be there. Buses are cream-coloured with blue stripes. There is another bus service called “Airport Bus”
that uses orange buses. These buses go to Phuket Town. If you take this bus, you will need to catch another bus in Phuket Town to take you to Patong. Please note that the bus will depart once it is full.
Don’t worry, though, buses depart Phuket Airport every hour. If you are in a hurry, it may be best to take a taxi from the airport. Same advise to people who are carrying a lot of luggage with them.
If there are not enough passengers to justify using full-size bus, they use a minivan instead. They have three minivans that are used during the “low season” (May-October) to help reduce the cost of fuel for buses.
The first bus will leave the airport at about 8am and last bus departs at 8pm. When you get on the bus, you must tell the driver where your hotel is. The driver will drop you off at your hotel if possible.
However, if your hotel is on a steep hill that bus will not be able to climb, you can travel in one of minivans for convenience and safety. Don’t worry, the fare is the same. Passengers can get off the bus (or minivan) at several
locations en route to Patong, Kata and Karon. However, the bus or van will not pick up any passengers en route. The drop-off locations include Phuket International Airport, Muangmai, Thalang, Heroines Monument, Boat Lagoon,
Tesco (bypass road), the See Kor Intersection (near the Caltex petrol station) in Kathu, and at Jungceylon in Patong (bus stops on Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd). In Patong, they use Jungceylon as main “terminal” for buses returning to
Phuket Airport. If you want to use service from Kata or Karon, please call them and we can pick you up. Likewise, if you are staying in Patong, just call them and they will pick you up if possible. Unfortunately, thrie website is
no longer operating and company currently does not have a contact email address, so it is best to contact directly for the latest information. For more details or to book tickets in advance, or call at 076-328291 or 084-0652122.
Main office is near the Bangkok Bank branch on Phang Muang Sai Kor Rd in Patong, near Nanai Soi 8, but many foreigners have trouble finding office, so I strongly recommend you just call them.Phuket Airport bus still running to Patong
Regular buses connect to Phuket Town (30 baht, 30–45 minutes) every 30 minutes or so between 07:00 and 18:00. The route starts from the southern end of the beach, after which the bus crawls through town (via Bangla Road), stopping to pick up passengers, before finally heading off across the hills, and going via Kathu, then passing near Big C before entering the Phuket Town.
In Phuket Town, those songteows (2/3 bench pickup trucks) are usually waiting for passengers near the local market (1.5km west of the Phuket bus station). (see Phuket Town for how to get around the bus stations and find the local transport)
As of 2013, these songteows now start from the bus station (number one), and then go to the market to collect a full load before proceeding. Will cost an extra B10. There is also a bus, which travels the same route.
If you're coming by public bus from other areas in Thailand (like Bangkok or Surat Thani), you will end up at the new number two bus station. It could cost a fortune to get to the beaches from here, so look at Phuket Town for how to do it cheaper via the old number one bus station.
If you walk out of the bus station and try to get the pink bus you can go to Phuket Town for around THB10 - see Phuket_Town for more details and information.
A Phuket Airport Express shuttle bus links Phuket International Airport with Patong Beach without the need to change in Phuket Town. A single ticket which you buy onboard costs 150 Baht and the service runs every 45 minutes commencing at 08:00 daily. The journey takes approximately 90 minutes to complete. The last bus leaves at 20:00.
The return journey from Patong to the airport commences at 08:00 with the last bus leaving at 19:00.
The route runs via Muangmai, Thalang, Lotus Thalang, Monument, Boat Lagoon, Lotus Bypass and Kathu to Patong Beach and terminates at Banzaan Market which is located at the rear of the Jungceylon Shopping Mall
The additional journey time compared with a taxi to Patong which takes about 40 minutes may be of interest to travellers arriving on early morning flights who are unable to check-in to hotels until early afternoon and want something to do to while away the time.
There are also plans to extend the destinations to both Kata and Karon at a later date subject to sufficient interest in the service.
By private car or van
Major rental car brands operate out of Phuket International Airport and some have additional branches in Phuket town. Consider renting a car during your visit if you plan to explore the island as taxi prices, unlike Bangkok, can be very high (eg 400-500 THB between major commercial areas). Car rentals, especially if booked in advanced, can offer significant savings if you are confident enough to self-drive. Roads are well maintained in Phuket and Google Maps works reliably for most destinations. Extra caution is needed to adjust to local driving habits and sharing the road with motorcycles and tuk-tuks.
Phuket Connect Transfers  ( [email protected] ) By Local Diver. Transfers by private car and van from any place in patong beach to any place around phuket. Available 24/7. You can arrange in advance and tell them to prepare a baby seat for kid free.
Phuket Travel Box Transfers  ( [email protected] ) By Local English Speaking driver. Price is very cheap starts only at 700 THB. They have more than 7 minivan Toyota Commuter and 10 cars. Price is compatative and baby seat is free.
Phuket Transfer  ( [email protected] ) Taxi and Transfer/ Transport Service from Phuket Airport, Town and Beach to Patong, Kata, Karon,Kamala, Bangtao, Surin, Rawai, Naiharn, Naiyang, Mai Khao and nearby destination.
Limousine usually refers to a larger sedan or saloon car, such as a Toyota Camry, with leather seats. They cost around 600-700 baht to go to Kata Beach. Considering the drive is about an hour long, this is one of the best options to get to Kata Beach.
Patong can just about be covered on foot, but there are plenty of taxis and motorbikes to get you around. The cost of these is one of the main downsides to Patong as they are unregulated and charge what they please.
Phuket has two types of taxi: a multitude of small songthaew-style minivans which are usually bright red or occasionally bright yellow, and very few conventional sedan-style taxis which are yellow and red, with a "TAXI-METER" sign on top.
The minivans have no meter, and their drivers are notoriously mercenary, so always agree a price beforehand and do bargain hard. Short hops typically cost 200 baht since the one-way system was implemented.
For longer distances the metered taxis are generally more suitable.
Motorbike taxi rides within Patong start around 40 baht, though for any lengthy distance you might find it hard to get a ride for less than 100 baht.
TukTuks are abundant, but prices begin to add up for anyone staying longer than a day or two. If you plan on travelling around Phuket it may be cheaper in the long run to rent a car.
There are many types of beaches on Phuket, if one wants unspoiled and natural then Patong is not your kind of place, but there are many unspoiled beaches in the north and south of this beautiful island. Patong is for those of you who like a developed resort with a wonderful night life.
- Bangla Road: Its the center attraction of Patong. There are may side roads and alleys which are good for cheap, relaxing drinks and nice food. You may get Thai food for 90 THB and beer for 60 THB. There is also a night food market connect to Bangla Rd serving amazing sea food.
- [Paradise Beach] (พาราไดซ์ บีช Hat Paradise), (Drive South from the Patong Southern Beach Road intersection. Up the bridge, then left. About 5km to Paradise Beach at the very end of the road. The drive goes over hills and through Rainforest to a small road that goes up, then down into paradise Beach. There is motorcycle and car parking.), . 0900-1630. On the very tip of South Patong Bay, Paradise Beach has clear blue water and powdery sand. The views are fantastic and the snorkeling is great. There are beach chairs included with the admission and also very clean toilets and showers. The restaurant serves Thai and Western food for about 80 to 150 baht per plate. 500 baht admission. edit
- Kalim Beach (หาดกะหลิม Hat Kalim). Just north of Patong Bay, starting from about the Novotel Phuket Resort Patong to Thavorn Beach Village, this area consists of rocky but quiet beaches, and an interesting road leading up into hills with high viewpoints and a few good quality restaurants perched on the edge and top. Some housing compounds are now being built on the hillsides and the whole area is steadily moving upmarket. edit
- Phuket Sightseeing Tour, 8/49, Kwang Road, A.Muang, T.Vichit, ☎ +6676521108, . 24 hours. Phuket DM Tour is affordable and providing excellent service for all travelers. 950. edit
- Paradise beach : Paradise Beach offers the first daily and the biggest beach party on the island, with spectacular international DJ concerts for Full moon, Half moon.
- Day trip to various islands: Every tour shop can sell you many types of tours and also ferry ticket to Phi Phi islands. Price (Feb, 2018) for James Bond island can be bought at THB 1500 speed boat full day tour (you can negotiate ). Phi Phi return tickets are normally THB 600 both ways.
- Simon Cabaret, 8 Sirirach Road. Patong Beach, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 342011-5, . 3 times daily: 18:00, 19:45, and 21:30. Set designs are outstanding, costumes extravagant and the performers glamorous! Luxurious and intimate theatre with hi-tech sound and lighting equipment. International show featuring modern and traditional acts from around the globe in English and other languages. VIP Seat: Adult, 800 baht; Children, 600 baht; Regular seat: Adult, 700 baht; Children, 500 baht. edit
Massage and spa
- So Thai Spa, day spa group (3 locations in Phuket), ☎ +66 91 568 8876, . 10:00-22:00. The focus is on total relaxation and they specialize in spa packages for 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours and 5 hours. More expensive than an average massage shop but they have some reasonable promotions on spa packages. edit
- Oriental de Phuket, 2nd floor of 49/145 Raj-U-Thid 200 Pi Road (at the entrance of Deevana Patong Resort & Spa), ☎ +66 76 290387-8, . 10:00-22:00. High-end services are Thai-style with 24 beds for Thai massage, 16 private rooms for oil massage and foot massage. Free pick-up in the Patong area. Pricey: 800 baht for a foot massage and up from there. edit
- Klook Orientala Spa. 49/145 Rat U Thid 200 Pee Rd (one street removed parallel to the beach road). Phone 66 6290435
- Let's Relax Spa. Has two spas here. 209/22-24 Rat U Thid Rd, 076 346880, and 184/14 Phong Muang Soi Kor Rd, 076 366800.
- Phuket Bucks and Hen Parties, ☎ +66 87 908 7605, . Pre wedding celebrations, bucks and stag parties, hen parties, special events. edit
Snorkelling and scuba diving
- Paradise Beach Snorkeling & Diving, Paradise Beach, Patong (15 min. on the South road to the very end of Patong Bay cape), . 0900-1630 daily. Best snorkeling and diving from the beach in Phuket. Great Beach, very relaxing. 100 baht admission - snorkel rental and diving extra. edit
- The Phuket Dive Shop, Patong Beach, ☎ +66 87 8882789 ([email protected]), . Liveaboard at Phuket and Similans. PADI Scuba and IDC Courses. Scuba & Snorkelling for the whole family. On-line bookings 10% discount. edit
- Aloha Ocean Adventures, . Snorkeling and scuba diving, gear rental, Speedboat tours, and information. edit
- Thailand Divers, . Day trips to Ko Racha Yai for either scuba diving or snorkelling. A full day trip can provide amazing scenery both above and below the surface. Trips are available daily, all year round. edit
- Underwater Holidays-Similan Islands Liveaboards, ☎ +66 76 292052, . Scuba diving holidays to the Similan National Marine Park. edit
- All4Diving, 169/14 Soi Sansabai - Patong Beach (close to Jungceylon.), ☎ +66 76 344611 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 343 015), . 10AM-10PM. a complete PADI 5 Star Career Development Scuba Diving Center and IDC. Provides day trips and PADI scuba diving courses, from beginner to professional level of instructor, to Ko Racha and Ko Phi Phi islands. They are Liveaboard specialists to Similan Islands and Bali, having their own fleet - M/V Mermaid's (7.89304,98.29878) edit
You might want to reconsider renting a jet-ski in Phuket. There is a well-known and notorious scam where tourists are falsely accused of damaging the jet skis and extorted out of huge sums of money (many tens of thousands of baht). The extortionists are extremely persistent and are known to use threats of physical violence and the police might not help if they're getting a cut of the proceeds. The general consensus seems to be that to stay safe you should *not* rent a jet ski in Thailand. There is no insurance if you insist on renting a jet-ski.
Even the locals stay clear of jet-ski operators, because they show a reckless disregard for life and limb. In addition, if you collide with any swimmers, you risk injuring or killing the swimmer, with terrible consequences for the both of you. In short, please support the popular (non-government) current campaign to force these ski operators to close down - don't jet-ski! However, the authorities are intent on keeping these ski-operators in business, for obvious reasons. Please don't let them succeed!
- Phuket old City tour, 11/2 Soi Nanai 2 Rd, Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket 83150, ☎ 0612030700, . 12. Phuket Dm Tour is popular tour operator in Phuket and Phuket sightseeing and old culture explore tour will be worth. 450. edit
- Patong Language School, 5/11-12 Had Patong Road (two minutes walk from the beach), ☎ +66 76 340373, . M-F 09:00-19:00, Sa 10:00-16:00. Great school! Teaches languages (Thai, English, German, and Japanese. Rates depend on group or private and length of study). Approved by the Thai Ministry of Education, accredited by CSN Sweden, and Bildungsurlaub Germany. edit
One of Patong's main attractions, besides the night life, is shopping. Patong Beach transforms into a large night bazaar every evening, when all the main roads become clogged with stalls selling handicrafts, silk scarves, sarongs and a variety of beach clothes, leisure wear, leather goods and luggage, CDs, etc. Bargain hard for anything you buy from these stalls, as everything is negotiable in Patong and starting prices are often ridiculously high. Get a local to help you haggle rather than complain about it. Shopping at shopping malls in Phuket is a lot safer and cost effective. The price of a pair of sunglasses for example will be the same price as stalls on beach road, and will not be a bargain.
Fake goods from the many stalls are all over the place, and normally of poor quality. The Thai government recently introduced a new law making it a criminal offence to buy or sell pirated goods. Although no cases involving tourists have been reported the risk does exist that goods that violate intellectual property rights may be liable to confiscation at the airport.
- Jungceylon (จังซีลอน), 181 Rat-U-Thit Road (near the northern end of Bangla Rd), . Patong's first full-fledged modern, air conditioned shopping mall, complete with 200 shops, a Big C supermarket, integrated hotel, etc. The food court in the basement has various types of local food, mostly Indian and Thai. It is a good value commercial canteen in style with tables in the middle and food vendors set into walls around table area. edit
- Ocean Plaza Bangla Patong. Small department store on Bangla Road. edit
- Patong OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit Road (south end). You might be excused for thinking that this has something to do with the "One Tambon, One Product" scheme to promote local industry, but rather this market sells exactly the same copies of branded clothes and mass-produced handicrafts as everybody else. However, there is a fairly wide selection to choose from. edit
- Exclusive Tailor, Soi Patong Resort, Bangla Rd, . 11:00-23:00. One of the first custom tailors in Phuket. edit
- Jaspal Tailor, (off Bangla Road), . Get a designer-style suit or dress made for comparatively low cost. edit
- Mister Singh's Fashion Gallery, 26/2 Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong Beach, ☎ +66 76 345 037, . 09:30-22:00. One of the most respected names in custom tailored clothing in Thailand. edit
- RK Tailor and Fashions, ☎ +66 76 344543, . 11:00-23:00. An experienced and high quality bespoke tailor. edit
Patong offers an amazingly cosmopolitan array of eating options, including Arabic, French, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Scandinavian and many others. By Thai standards the prices are high at about 150 baht for basic meals such as fried rice. Seafood is priced by weight and is not cheap either. There is a good food court at Jungceylon (See Buy).
- 99 Seafood Restaurant, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Road (opposite the Royal Paradise Hotel). An open-air restaurant that has excellent seafood selections. The prices are fairly low, and the place is usually busy at night. edit
- The 9th Floor Restaurant & Bar, Sky Inn Condotel, 47 Rat-U-Thit Road, ☎ +66 76 344311 (after 16:00), . The 9th Floor is an open air restaurant in Phuket and has a 270 degree panoramic view of Patong. Has a varied menu of Mediterranean and international dishes, a large selection of wines and a humidor with Cuban cigars. edit
- Ali Baba and Ali Baba 2, 2 Ruamchai Road and 206/17 Rat-U-Thit Road. These two restaurants have two separate menus for two separate cuisines, namely Indian and Arabic. Both locations offer air-con inside and smoking waterpipes outside. Watch out for the 150 baht portions of rice and tomato-heavy curries which may not be to everyone's taste. Appetizers 60-100 baht, mains around 200-350 baht. edit
- Baan Rim Pa, Prabaramee Road, ☎ +66 76 340789, . Impressive wooden carving decor, fabulous location on the cliff, excellent Thai Food. edit
- Baan Yin Dee Restaurant, 7/5 Muen Ngen Road, ☎ +66 76 294104 (-5), . Baan Yin Dee offers a fusion of European and Thai food in a warm and relaxed atmosphere, with a discreet ambience and outstanding service. edit
- Casablanca Restaurant (ร้านอาหาร คาซาบลังกา), 135/23 Rat-U-Thit Road, ☎ +66 76 340666. Arabian cuisine. edit
- Churrasco Phuket Steakhouse, Jungceylon Mall Patong (Ground Floor, Unit 3127, opposite Irish Pub), ☎ +66 76 366723, . 11am-11pm. Phuket's only South American steakhouse. Located in the largest mall in Patong and very busy in the evenings. Most famous for its imported Wagyu and Angus steaks, its Mojitos and other cocktails, and Argentinian wines. USD 20. edit
- De Tapas Bar, 91/1 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 84 8522404, . 22:00-24:00. Only Spanish restaurant on the island of Phuket, with Spanish chef. Medium prices, high food quality 220 baht. edit
- La Diva, Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road (is in a dead-end alley off Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee). This restaurant has been closed since over a year. edit
- La Dolce Vita, 241/17-18 Rat-u-Thit 200 Pee Rd., Patong, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailan, ☎ 076293044, . One of the best restaurants in Patong. Prices are a bit higher than other restaurants but you really get what you pay for. Authentic Italian. edit
- Floyd's Brasserie, (at Burasari Resort), ☎ +66 76 370000, . edit
- Green House and Balcony Restaurant, Bangla Road. Extensive menu covering Thai and Western food, plus pastries and snacks from the in-house bakery. Terrace seating outside and air-con restaurant inside. A bit pricey though with most everything over 100 baht. 100+ baht. edit
- Hooters, attached to Dusit D2 Hotel. The local chain of the Hooter's franchise. Buffalo wings and Hooter girls in the trademark orange hot pants. edit
- Karlsson's Restaurant & Steak House, Soi Patong Tower, 108/16 Taweewong Road, . 15:00-00:00 daily. A good choice for imported steaks and Scandinavian specialities. edit
- Lim's Restaurant & Bar, Kalim Beach (follow Beach Road out of Patong, turn right at Soi 7 after Kalim Beach, on your right 500m into the soi), . 18:30-22:30 daily. Lim's is a nice hide-away from the busy streets of Patong, with modern Thai cuisine served. LIM's also has an adjacent art gallery of modern style. edit
- Nicky's Handlebar, Patong Beach (Next to the Patong post office), . 07:00am-01:00am daily. A unique bike themed restaurant and bar offering the best in Thai and Western foods. edit
- Oceanview Restaurant, Patong Lodge, 284/1 Prabaramee Road, . 11:00-00:00 daily. Serving various kind of international and Thai food. Good value for money. edit
- The Old Fisherman's, Novotel Phuket Resort (at Kalim Beach). 18:30-22:30 daily. This restaurant has Thai and international food. Reasonable prices for a hotel outlet. edit
- Patong Seafood Restaurant, 130 Thaweewong Road, ☎ +66 76 341244/5. One of the finest seafood restaurants on Phuket serving local delicacies. edit
- Red Chilli Restaurant Patong (Andatel Grandé Patong Phuket Hotel), 41/9 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong Beach, Phuket, 83150 Thailand (3 minutes walk away from patong beach), ☎ +66 76-290-480, . 11:00-22:00. Red Chilli Restaurant serves food and refreshments, both international and local, all day, in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. If you’re an avid soccer fan, catch live telecasts of the latest soccer matches from a large wall – mounted flat screen TV right here in the restaurant. Alternatively, relax by the pool or order a drink from the poolside bar. Additional facilities include free Wifi internet connection enjoyed in both the rooms and the public areas, an internet station at the Lobby, and a Travel and Tourism Desk. 150-450. (7.901701,98.300764) edit
- Rodizio Brazil Phuket, Soi Patong Tower, off Patong Beach Road (Next to Banana Walk Mall), ☎ 076 346125, . 5pm - late. Rodizio Brazil is Phuket's first 'All-You-Can-Eat' Brazilian steakhouse. This is Brazil's most popular restaurant style, where one pays a fixed price and waiters come to the table with a knife and skewers with various kinds of charcoal grilled, top quality cuts of meat and seafood. Included in the price is a full salad bar and cooked food buffet USD 25. edit
- The Roma, (down one of the little streets along Patong but easy to see as you do go past MacDonalds). Good for imported Italian pasta and pizza, has indoor and outdoor seating. edit
- Sam's Steak House, Holiday Inn Resort, 52 Thaweewong Road, . 18:00-22:15 daily. Sam's serves the finest steaks only from top quality Australian and US beef, free salad bar with all steak orders. Moderate to high price depending on the kind of food ordered but good value. edit
- Savoey (เสวย), 136 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ +66 76 341171, . One of the better seafood restaurants in Patong. edit
- Spice House, Jungceylon Shopping Centre, Rat-U-Thit Road. 12:00-22:00 daily. Offers authentic Russian, modern Thai and traditional Japanese cuisine. edit
- The Yorkshire Inn, Soi Sansabai. Serves good European and British food, and an amazing Sunday lunch which is repeated on Wednesday. edit
- SK Restaurant (SK Residence), 12 Soi Nanai 2, Nanai Rd, ☎ 076512462. 8am -7pm. The SK Restaurant specialises in South African "Rooibos Tea" with exotic blends such as Rooibos with Watermelon & Mint, Cranberry & Pomegranate, Lemon, Chamomile, Ginger and Honey, or traditional Black Tea infused with Lavender & Chamomile, Ginger & Lemongrass and Chocolate Pieces & Cocoa amongst others THB 90 ++. edit
Patong's nightlife spills out in all directions but the centre of the maelstrom is Bangla Road and its four sois - Crocodile, Eric, Gonzo, and Seadragon, packed with a frenetic mix of pubs, beer bars, and go-go bars. Soi Crocodile is also known as Soi Katoey, a reference to its many transexuals; at the end of this soi is the Moulin Rose Ladyboy Cabaret bar (free entry but drinks arre 300 baht) and it is these ladyboys who pose for photos at the entrance to the soi. There are also a couple of good nightclubs with dance floors, a rarity in Thailand.
Bangla Road is populated with curious voyeurs and sex tourists; roughly speaking the bars on the South side of Bangla Road are known as Beer Bars whereas those on the Northside and the sois along there are girlie bars where hostesses offer more than drinks service.
- Cocktails & Dreams, Bangla Road (from the top of Bangla road the first small soi on the right next to the old Tiger complex), . 20:00-02:00. Phukets premier ladyboy bar. Family / Couple friendly (not sleezy). Free cabaret at 22:30 and Midnight. Standard drink prices. Pool table and DJ. Welcoming environment with no pressure for ladydrinks; not agressive like Soi Crocodile, you're welcome to challenge the girls to pool, chat to them and if you're polite they're happy to pose for photo's. edit
- Irish Bar, (on Beach Road). Another nice and less expensive place, though not with a view of the beach. One of the only places in Patong to sell Guinness, it also has a Celtic cross made with Guinness cans. edit
- Molly Malone's. A nice place to sit down and have a decent pint or two. The prices are a bit high, but if you need some good pub food and want to sit back and watch the human traffic plus the great music band, this is a good enough pub. edit
- Rock City, (at the very top of Bangla Road, opposite end from the beach,). A palace built to rock music. They promise to 'rock your ass off' and they do with excellent rock tribute bands. It's like going to a mini gig every night. A bit pricey but well worth it.. edit
- Saxophone, Beach Road. The little brother of Bangkok's most famous live music venue. They have top quality Jazz, Blues, funk and soul outfits there each night and the place is very well designed. Can be hit and miss with the bands but usually very good quality. edit
- Andaman Queen (อันดามัน ควีน), Patong Beach. a Go Go Cabaret edit
- Atrium Lobby Lounge (แอทริม ลอบบี้ เล้าจ์), ☎ +66 76 233333 (fax: :+66 76 233335). hotel lobby cafe & restaurant edit
- Baya Beach Disco (บายา บีช ดิสโก้), Patong Beach. edit
- Clublime Disco, Beach Road, ☎ +66 87 871195. Disco edit
- La Saisa Bar (ลา ใสสา บาร์), Patong Beach. edit
- Old Dutch Bar (โอ ดัช บาร์), Patong Beach. edit
- New Star Club (นิว สตาร์ คลับ), Bangla Rd. edit
- Little Aussie Town Aussie Bar, OTOP Shopping Paradise, Rat-U-Thit 200 Year Road, Patong Beach. edit
- Reggae Bar (แรกเก้ บาร์), End of soi Seadragon, Bangla Rd, Patong Beach. edit
- Relics Pub (รีลิกซ์ ผับ), Patong Beach, Sai Namyen Road. edit
- Rock Hard (ร๊อค ฮาร์ด), Patong Beach, Bangla Rd. a go-go bar edit
- Siam Indigo Bar & Restaurant (สยาม อินดิโก้ บาร์ แอนด์ เรสเตอร์รอง), ☎ +66 76 256697 (fax: 66 76 256697). exotic hotel & restaurant edit
- Tiger Disco (ไทเกอร์ ดิสโก้), Bangla Road. edit
- YoYo's Bar (โยโย่ บาร์), Patong Beach. edit
- Banana Disco (บานาน่า ดิสโก้), Thanon Thawiwong (50m south of Bangla Road). Small, but good DJ. 300 baht entry includes 2 free drinks. edit
- Capsule. 1am to gone sunrise. a Thai style nightclub with a live band playing Thai music. Unlike western nightclubs there is no dance-floor as such instead patrons stand around small tables. There is no corkage fee to bring your own bottle of spirits if you pay for mixers. Free Entry. edit
- D Club, Soi Crocodile, Bangla Rd, . Nightclub under joint Thai/Swedish ownership. Closed? edit
- Hollywood Club, Bangla Road, . - Popular, pulling in many of the nearby bar girls after work, and a lot of young tourists. Plays dance and contemporary pop music, unfortunately not over the best sound system/acoustics. Features 'prize throw' giveaways. edit
- Pinky Bar, Soi Crocodile, . the most famous bar of Bangla Road dance music and lap dances. edit
- Tai Pan (ไทยป่าน บาร์), top of Soi Bangla. The granddaddy of all Patong's discos and is always very busy. edit
- Tiger Bar, Bangla Road. Probably has the most creative design of all go-go bars on the Bangla Road strip edit
Phuket is the perfect destination to host or join a boat party. There are many islands to cruise around and many boats are available for charter for a large boat party. You can charter your own boat and crew and bring your own booze, or join one of the regular boat parties that regularly cruise daily.
- Phuket Party Boat, ☎ +66 (0) 817 87 4020 ([email protected]), . Trimaran boat with 2 levels. Throws scheduled sunset parties and other special events. Max capacity of 70. Also available for charter hire for weddings, stag parties, corporate events, etc. edit
- Klook Boat Club by Andaman Passion, 83120 59/47 ตำบล กะทู้ Kathu, Kathu District, Phuket 83120, Thailand, ☎ +66 76 390 577, . Luxury Catamaran boat party that has a regular daytime schedule of island hopping and a sunset dance party with a more lounge atmosphere. Bar and DJ on board. VIP Day Beds can also be rented on board for extra. edit
- Wonderland Boat Party, 110 Thanon Thawewong Ban Patong, Phuket, Thailand, ☎ +66 61 228 0812, . Largest boat party with capacity for 200 people for a packed dance club on a boat feel. Daily departures from Patong around 3:00 PM. Parties go from 3:00 PM to approx. 8:00 PM 2000 THB/person. edit
- Soi Paradise, just North of Bangla Road is the world famous gay area known as Soi Paradise. Many of these bars on the soi leading up to Paradise Hotel (where the soi takes it name) will have cabaret shows featuring ladyboys and transvestites. Most of the bars will close at 2am and anyone wanting to continue the party will head to Boat Bar. Every April there is a Gay Pride week that culminates on the final day in a parade from Beach Road to Soi Paradise where all the bar staff and customers dress up like peacocks - a sight to behold if you're in town.
|This guide uses the following price ranges for a standard double room:
|| Under 1,000 baht
|| 1,000 baht to 2,500 baht
|| Over 2,500 baht
Accommodation is rather expensive during the peak season with simple air-con rooms ranging from 500-1,500 baht; fan rooms start around 300 baht but availability is limited. In the low season, air-con rooms are easily found from around 300 baht and up. You can usually get a better deal for the more expensive rooms by using one of the local travel shops. It pays to haggle with them.
One thing to be aware of in Thailand is the frequent misuse of the terms "Resort" and "Boutique Hotel". Unscrupulous hoteliers have no qualms about describing a backpackers hostel as a "boutique hotel" or a "resort" if the description serves to attract business. Since Google Maps Street View is now available to view most areas of Patong Beach, it might be wise to take a look at the hotel's facade if room rates seem a bit too low for the type of business it purports to be.
Significant savings can also be made by booking via an hotel's own site rather than through online booking agencies. The latter tend to post vastly inflated prices on their sites which they then 'discount' to give the impression that they're offering huge savings on the 'normal rate'. However, the opposite is the case because in Thailand at least, the commission which they earn is added to the room rate resulting in considerable price increases compared with those offered by the hotel's own site.
A typical example can be made by comparing a well known online booking agency's rate for the C&N Hotel in Patong. For the period October 3 to October 10, 2014, the standard room rate for seven nights amounts to 11,900 Baht at Booking.com. The same room booked via the C&N hotel site is only 5,250 Baht and includes a free airport transfer. The latter respresents an additional saving of around 650 Baht for the taxi fare. In this particular example, you need to enter your proposed dates in the "Online Reservation" fields on the C&N site and then click the "Check Availability" button in order to get to their discounted weekly rates page.
- Andatel Grandé Patong Phuket Hotel (Andatel Patong Phuket Hotel), 41/9 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong Beach, Phuket, 83150 Thailand (3 minutes walk to beach), ☎ (+66)7-629-0480, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Located a 3-minute walk to Patong Beach, Andatel Grande Patong Phuket offers free Wi-Fi throughout the property. Boasting stylish accommodation with a private balcony overlooking 2 swimming pools, the hotel provides free parking on-site. The hotel is a 7-minute walk to Bangla Road, Jungceylon shopping centre and Bangla Boxing Stadium. Kamala Beach and Kata Beach are a 15-minute ride away. Phuket International Airport can be reached within a 45-minute drive from the hotel. Rooms at Andatel Grande are furnished with contemporary decor. Each room is fitted with a 40-inch internet smart TV, a minibar and a safety deposit box. Free toiletries and a hairdryer are included in an en suite bathroom. (7.901701,98.300764) edit
- Mirage Express Patong Phuket Hotel (Mirage Patong, Phuket Hotel), 184/25-28 Phangmuang Sai Kor Road, Patong, Phuket 83150 Thailand (Across Junceylon Shopping Mall), ☎ (+66)7-651-0961, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. Opt for the modern and central Mirage Patong, sets across from the famous street of Sansabai. The Mirage is just a minute walk from Junceylon Shopping Mall, the Bangla Boxing Stadium and just a stroll away from the famous Bangla Walking Street. Situtated 45 minutes away from Phuket international airport, we offer excellent choice of quality accommodation at great value. All our rooms are equipped with HD LED TV, free high speed internet service and basic guest amenities. Mirage rooftop features swimming pool, bar and sun lounge. Here guests can enjoy a nice relaxing sun bath while sipping on drinks. The rooftop offers a glimpse of famous Patong beach and most of Bangla Boxing Stadium. (7.891947,98.301576) edit
- Bauman Ville Hotel, 158/8 Nanai Rd, Patong Beach, (Nanai 7 - opposite big 7eleven), ☎ +66 76 512 141-5 ([email protected]), . checkin: 14.00; checkout: 12:00. Very comfortable rooms and probably the largest in Patong. Great and large bed, nice balcony and view. Free Wi-Fi, swimming pool. Rent a Motorbike and explore the Island. Every nationality or sexuality welcome. from 500 baht. Special long-stay discounts. edit
- Balcony Hostel, 34/23 Prachanukroh rd. (Directions: When you arrive to Patong from Kathu, you along to Rat-U-Thit road you should turn left at end of Rat-U-Thit road, than when you reach next intersection you will see our building on right hand at the corner of intersection.), ☎ +66 76 344370. Brand new hostel 5 minute walk from the beach. This is the better part of town away from the noise of the party scene, but still close enough to walk to all the bars. Nice 4 bedrooms dorms and private rooms with AC. Nice friendly staff and secure with lockers. Live premier league, excellent WiFi. 350 baht. edit
- Grand Mercure Phuket Patong (Grand Mercure Phuket Patong), 1 Soi Ratuthit 200 Pi 2 Road – Patong Beach Kathu District 83150 PHUKET – THAILAND, ☎ (+66)76/231 999, . An upscale beach resort that is walking distance from Phuket's night-life and other local attractions. edit
- patong bay guesthouse, 64 nanai road, kathu, ☎ 0819794463, . patong bay guesthouse is located on nanai road and with in walking distance to most things that patong has to offer like jungceylon shopping mall is about a2 minutes walk and bangla road the main night life area and patong beach are about a 10 minutes walk.tours can be booked at the reception and scooter rental is available at the hotel edit
- Baan Boa Resort, 16 Taweewong Rd., Kathu, Phuket Patong Beach, Phuket Province 83150 Thailand, ☎ +66 76292869, . Set in Patong Beach, 900 metres from Phuket Simon Cabaret, Baan Boa Resort boasts a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. All rooms have a private bathroom. Extras include bath robes and slippers. You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property. The hotel also offers car hire. Jungceylon Shopping Center is 1 km from Baan Boa Resort, while Bangla Road is 1 km from the property. The nearest airport is Phuket International Airport, 25 km from the property. edit
- Anchalee Inn, . Basic, clean, en suite rooms with no windows at south end of beach. About 15min walk from Bangla Road. Helpful staff. 600-3,600 baht depending on room and season. edit
- Art @ Patong, ☎ +66 0 76 32 31 28 ([email protected]), . 173 Serviced apartments, located in the heart of Patong. Shopping, food and the beach are all within walking distance. The apartments are compact and modern with fully-equipped kitchen, available for short and long term stays. Also features a swimming pool, lounge area and fitness facilities. edit
- Baan Nitra Guesthouse, 47 Nanai Road, Patong Beach (next to Royal Crown Resort), ☎ +66 81 0812000, . Al1 rooms and 2 dorm rooms with 2 bunk beds each (4 people/room), one shower and a big fan. Each bed has a locker. Clean simple and cheap. 199 baht. (7.893053990132159,98.30482721328735) edit
- Bodega Phuket, 189/3 Rat-U-Thit Patong, Phuket 83150, ☎ + 66 7660 2191 ([email protected]), . Bodega is a relaxed and vibey hostel, music cafe and gallery in the heart of bustling Patong. 350-1,200 baht depending on room and season. edit
- Golden Buddha Guesthouse, 157/9 Nanai Road (close to Mae Ubol and Banzaan Market), ☎ +66 84 8431776 ([email protected]), . Comfortable rooms, easy bus trip to the beach, no joiner fee, Wi-Fi, cable, food and coffee downstairs. 700-1,100 baht. edit
- The Grand Orchid Inn-Patong Beach, 78/17-18 Soi Dr Wattana, Beach Road, ☎ +66 76 292350, . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 50m from Patong Beach and not far from to the entertainment centre at Bangla Road. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, air-con, mini-bar, satellite TV, complimentary bottled water and free beach towel use. Under new management. 1,300 baht. edit
- Hollywood Beach Hotel, 10/3 Sawatdirak zroad Patong Beach, ☎ +66 76 341718, . 28 full air-con units including superior room and deluxe room at economical rates, all have balcony, cable TV and mini bar. Internet, pool table and professional massage room. From 1,700. edit
- Hotel Orchid Residence, 171/22 Soi Sansabai Road, Patong Beach,, ☎ +66 76 345176, . air-con,TV, DVD, Wi-Fi. 100 m to nightlife on Bangla Rd. Low season from 650 baht. High season from 1,500 baht. edit
- Patong Palmview Resort'', 135/1 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 76 344837, . 20 spacious rooms on the lower slopes of the mountains of Patong Beach Bay. 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Hotel swimming pool. 711-3,000 baht. edit
- Patong Sunbeach Hotel, 207/4 Soi 6 Nanai Road Patong Beach, ☎ +66 76 292912, . 16 rooms and 2 big apartments, all of which have balcony, air-conditioner, cable TV, DVD player and mini bar. Jacuzzi/bath in the tropical garden, Internet kiosk in the bar. Airport transfers. From 1,755 baht. edit
- Hotel Swiss Garden, 169/20 Soi Sansabai (100 m to Bangla Road nightlife), ☎ +66 76 345176 (fax: +66 76 345177), . Low-season 650 baht, high-season 1,500 baht. edit
- Sea Blue Phuket Hostel and Guesthouse, 74/11 Soi Banzaan. (250 m behind Jungceylon Mall, near the corner of Banzaan Market Road and Nanai Road), ☎ +66 76 344405 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 344405), . Private rooms and shared hostel dormitory rooms. Clean, quiet and safe. Free Wi-Fi, lockers, cable TV, friendly, relaxed atmosphere. 150 baht for shared hostel dorm beds (300 in high season), private rooms and family rooms from 450 baht, varies by season. (+7.890057,+98.303411) edit
- Tanawan Phuket Hotel, 162/44-45 Phung Muang Sai Kor Road, ☎ +66 76 322850-1 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 322852), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: 12:00. 5 minute drive from Patong Beach and Jungceylon Shopping Mall. Has a fitness centre, sauna and non-smoking rooms with a 32-inch flat-screen TV. Free Wi-Fi and free parking. Low-season 650 baht, high season 1,500 baht. edit]
- The Tavern, 104/37 Thaweewong Road Patong Beach. (end of Soi Post Office, 100 m from beach), ☎ +66 89 8681073 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 344491), . Rooms above a bar run by a Thai/British couple, close to the beach. air-con, minibar, hot water. From 500 baht (low season). edit]
- Haven Lagoon, 6/7 sirirad rd patong, ☎ +66806932833, . Apartment for rent near Simon cabaret and the Life spa massage with Two swimming pools, 24h security and a Fitness center. 1200-1500 baht depending on season. edit
- The Belle Resort, 104/31-33 Soi Prisanee, Thaweewong Road, Kathu. (Patong Beach), ☎ +66 76 292782, . Rooms have a modern design, air-con, cable TV, and a coffee/tea maker. High-speed Internet, swimming pool, and massage service. From 1,500 baht. edit
- C&N Hotel, 151 Rat-U-Thit Song Roi Pi Rd., Patong Beach. (on its own soi about 50 m from the corner of Bangla Road). C&N Hotel. ☎ +66 76 341892, +66 76 341893, (fax +66 76 341 895). Four storey hotel with friendly management. Double glazed at the front, but not at the rear of the building. Has its own massage parlour, restaurant and beauty salon in addition to free overnight parking facilities. Complimentary free airport transfer for bookings of three days or more. Rooms from 1,000 baht.
- Citin Plaza Patong, 34/50-57 Prachanukhro Rd (walking distance to Patong Beach), ☎ +66 76 358100 ([email protected], fax: +66 76 358199), . checkin: 14:00; checkout: noon. Location is good, a short walk to Patong beach, 248 rooms hotel with roof-top swimming pools, a restaurant, bistro cafe serving local and international food. Bar lounge and a gym. 1,550+ baht. edit
- KN Guesthouse, ☎ +66 76 294151, . (off Ratuthid Road on Soi Jintana, near the Paradise complex). Swimming pool and restaurant. Squeaky clean and great hosts. From 1,200 baht.
- Komma Bar & Guest house, (south end of the main Patong strip, across the road from the beach). Food, warm vibes and hotel quality rooms for 1,400 baht.
- Mussee Patong Hotel, 34/44 Prachanukrao Road, Katu, ☎ +66 90 4799053, . Superior and deluxe rooms, all equipped with air-con, 32-inch LCD TV and telephone. The Chali Restaurant & bar, swimming pool with Jacuzzi and free Wi-Fi. From 1,700 baht. edit
- Phuvaree Resort, 20/45-49 Siriraj Road, ☎ +66(0) 76 294 099, . All rooms have air conditioning, refrigerator, balcony, LCD TV, IDD telephone, mini bar, safety box and WI-FI internet. Some of its facilities and services are Varee swimming pool, exercise room, bar, Chomvaree restaurant, baby sitting, free shuttle bus from hotel to Patong Beach, internet service, money exchange, medical on call service, room service and airport transportation. Rates start at 2000.00 THB. edit
- Patong Inn, 128 Taweewong Road ☎ +66 76 292545. Right in the middle of everything, just across the road from the beach and steps away from Bangla Road. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable. 2,000 baht including breakfast for 2 people.
- Patong Lodge Hotel, 284/1 Prabaramee Road ☎ +66 76 341020, . On a hill between the end of Patong and Kalim beaches, overlooking the Andaman Sea. Walking distance to the beach, 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. From 1,000-5,000 baht.
- Patong Palmview Resort, 135/1 Nanai Road, ☎ +66 76 344837, . 20 spacious rooms in the foothills of Patong, 5 min drive to the centre of Patong. Swimming pool and relaxation area. 790-3,000 baht. edit
- Sensive Hill Hotel, 79/67 Moo 6, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 203012, . air-con rooms, bathroom with shower, cable TV, mini-bar, Internet, telephone, radio, hair dryer, safe and daily breakfast. Restaurant, bar, 2 outdoor swimming pools, fitness room and parking. From 1,900 baht. edit
- Silver Resortel, 3/37 Sawadirak Road, ☎ +66 76 341200, +66 76 341201 ([email protected]), . The rooms are decorated in Asian and Lanna style. From 1,000 baht. edit
- Yorkshire Inn, . Nice people and great rooms and suites starting from 1,200 baht. edit
- Casa Del M Resort, 14/8 soi prabaramee 3 prabramee road patong Kathu Phuket 83150, ☎ +66 76 342308-10, . tropical boutique retreat equipped with latest innovations in Patong travel industry starting from 2,000 baht. edit
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort (แอ็บโซลูท ซีเพิร์ล บีช รีสอร์ท), 42/11 Taveewong Rd, ☎ +66 76 341901-10 (fax: +66 76 341122), . 65 rooms. 3,000-10,500 baht.. edit
- Amari Coral Beach Resort (อมารี คอรัล บีช รีสอร์ท), 2 Mun-Ngoen Rd, ☎ +66 76 340106-10 (fax: +66 76 340115), . The only resort up on the small hill at the east end of Patong Beach away from the noise of the town. Very peaceful. Nice staff. 4,140+ baht. edit
- Andaman Beach Suites Hotel (อันดามัน บีช สวีท), 60/12 Rat-Uthit Rd, ☎ +66 76 341879-83 (fax: +66 76 340893), . 91 rooms 4,500-18,000 baht. edit
- Baan Paradise, . Set around a stunning infinity edge pool, with 180 degree panoramic views of Patong Bay, Baan Paradise villa is surely one of the finest villas in Phuket. USD900. edit
- Burasari, 18/110 Ruamjai Rd, ☎ +66 76 292929, . Boutique resort in a quiet soi on the south side of Patong. 15 m from the beach. Swimming pool, deluxe pool access rooms. 4,600-6,800 baht. edit
- Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, 43/2 Raj-U-Thid 200 Pee Rd, ☎ +66 76 341414-5,, . On 12 acres of tropical gardens on Patong Beach. 45 minutes from Phuket International Airport and a 10 minute walk to Patong beach. 4,700-6,600 baht. edit
- Diamond Cliff Resort, 284 Prabaramee Rd (north end of Patong on the hillside above the town), ☎ +66 76 340501-6, . Views of Kalim Beach. 333 rooms and suites in 20 acres of gardens, all with private balconies. Low-season from 5,797 baht for double/twin rooms. edit
- Holiday Inn Resort, . 30 min from Phuket town in its own grounds and near Patong Beach. 265-room main wing or 140 studio and villa rooms in the Busakorn wing with 2 swimming pools. 3,700-5,600 baht.. edit
- Horizons Patong Beach Resort, 64/39 Thaweewong Rd, ☎ +66 76 292526, . 160 rooms in 1-3 storey buildings. All rooms have bathtub/shower, toiletries, cable TV and air-con. 2,700+ baht. edit
- Impiana Phuket Cabana, 41 Taweewongse Rd, ☎ +66 76 340138, . Boutique resort at Patong Beach. 70 rooms with full services and amenities. From 8,500 baht for a superior, Patong-facing room. 15,400 baht/night for Impiana suite.. edit
- Novotel Phuket, . Next to the Diamond Cliff with views over Patong Beach and the sea. 6 restaurants including the "Old Fisherman" seafood restaurant. 215 rooms. From 3,260 baht.. edit
- The Par Phuket, 91/155 Vichitsongkram Rd, Moo 7, Kathu, ☎ +66 76 510960-62, . Rooms equipped with air conditioning, refrigerator, shower, telephone, satellite TV, private balcony, safety deposit box, hot and cold water. Swimming pool, spa, parking area, restaurant, bar, room service, free Wi-Fi, complimentary shuttle bus to Patong, laundry and dry cleaning service. 1,800-2,500 baht. edit
- Patong Beach Lodge, 207/21-25, 207/29-31 Rat-u-thid Road, ☎ +66 76 292400, . A swimming pool is a short walk from the rooms. 2,800 baht. edit
- Royal Phawadee Village, 3 Sawatdirak Road., ☎ +66 76 344622 ([email protected]), . Thai-style pavilions are placed strategically throughout the resort leaving pleasant open green spaces. 2,500+ baht. edit
At the beach and some bars some people may offer you to take your photograph with animals, even baby animals, in exchange for money. Please remember that the most likely way (and many times the only way) these babies were acquired were by poachers killing the mothers, or the entire family. Endorsing this practice only leads to more demand, and more killing. Moreover, some of the species used are endangered and protected under Thai law, which makes the possession and abuse of many of these animals illegal.
The Gibbon Rehabilitation Project is a sanctuary for former photo prop and pet gibbons, based in Phuket Island, they have been working hard for the last decade to rehabilitate and reintroduce them into the wild, in the National Park by Bang Pae Waterfall, should you be interested in learning loads of information about these issues, you may visit their Education Centre inside the park.
- Kamala — next beach to the north
- Karon — next beach to the south
- Khao Lak — two hours to the north, well-regarded for its diving opportunities
- Ko Phi Phi — are a popular day trip via tour packages
- Phuket Town
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!