Paros is a major island of the Cyclades group and is frequented by summer tourists heading toward Ios and Santorini.
A view of some of the same roads in the capital, Parikia
Paros is a Greek island in the Cyclades group, neighbouring Naxos and is one of the most popular holiday destinations for visitors to the Greek islands.
Paros is the second largest island of the Cyclades. It has an area of 196 square kilometres and a coastline 120km long.
The island has the advantage of being located centrally in the Cyclades near Naxos, Ios, Sifnos and Syros. Most of the ferries to Naxos and Santorini make a stop first at Paros.
The island is the third in popularity of the group. First are Santorini and Mykonos.
Paros is considered as one of the most beautiful islands of the Cyclades. It is characterized by the many beaches and also the charming villages.
Paros' main communities are Parikia and Naoussa (Paros island).
- Parikia is the island's port town and capital.
- Naoussa is an old fishing village marked by tourism but not too overwhelmed with a clear focus on harbour activities (e.g. fishing, island trips, etc.). The village is characterized by its Venetian port and its many fish restaurants. The architecture of the area is also incredible. A local bar scene welcoming to international tourists is growing as visitor numbers increase to Paros.
Other small communities include Lefkes, Marpissa, Piso Livadi, Drios and Aliki.
The climate of Paros is characterized by hot, dry summers and mild winters. Like in most of the Aegean islands it hardly ever rains during summer but rain showers can be expected between October and April. Temperatures in July and August range from 30ºC (86ºF) during the day to 22ºC (72ºF) at night. The Cyclades are famous for the constant wind (called meltemi) in July and August that mitigates the heat a bit.
In the whole period mid-May through mid-October it's usually warm and sunny enough to enjoy the beaches.
In Paros most of the population can speak English except the older generation. In many bars, pubs, restaurants and shops there is somebody who speaks English, Italian, or German.
View of Naousa from the ferry to Ag. Ionnis.
Ferries and highspeed catamaran services  run daily from Piraeus, Cyclades and Heraklion - Crete island. The highspeeds take half the time but cost twice as much.
Many travelers probably don’t even consider Rafina a possible departure port if they are heading to one of the Cyclades, but if you are arriving at the airport of Athens you are often better off taking a ferry from Rafina than traveling to Athens and getting a ferry from Piraeus.
The ferry landing is haunted by dozens of room-hawkers, and is manic. If you arrive during a high wind and/or at night, it can all be a bit overwhelming. Know where you're going, book ahead or turn right and head for the nearby bus terminal to the right of the ferry terminal exit for regular bus shuttles across the island.
Ferry schedules 
There are daily air services from Athens and Thessaloniki only. Olympic Air is the main carrier, but there are also flights by Sky Express.
Bus services  operate between the towns with very frequent departures in season. The main bus station is in Parikia, very near the port. The second hub is Naousa. There are five lines well distributed to cover every part of the island.
It is possible to buy your bus ticket from the bus driver (have exact change ready), but you can also buy your bus tickets before boarding the bus. Tickets are sold at Parikia and Naousa Terminal Stations and also in selected stores, mini markets and kiosks that have the special sign in Parikia, Naousa, Lefkes, Prodromos, Marmara, Marpisa, Piso Livadi, Drios, Aliki, Punda, Voutakos and Antiparos. One way ticket price is €1.80; a bit more for longer distances. Price for a daily ticket for all lines is €9.
By car or by motorbike
Car hire is readily available in all towns and is relatively cheap out of the season. Also, there is possibility for rental motorbikes, ATVs or bicycles.
ParosEuropeanRent cars & motorbikes rental  is located in Parikia.
ML motorland cars & motorbikes rental  is located in Naoussa.
Don't miss the church of Panagia Ekatontapiliani which means the church of 100 doors , in Parikia (very close to the harbour) a 4th century monument, rebuilt after the earthquake of 1773. The original church was built by St. Helen , the mother of St. Constantine, according to the legend .
The old town of Parikia is considered to be the biggest in the Cyclades island. You will find alleys untouched from the touristic wave that reduces the beauty of these settlements.
Lefkes village is in the middle of the island with many nice tavernas, and beautiful alleys.
From Lefkes you can take a very nice walk at the old stones of the Byzantine Route down to Prodromos.
A fantastic place to take the kids is Aqua Park. Boats leave hourly from Naoussa and takes approximately 15 minutes.
Visit as many beaches as you can, don't stay in one every day. Every beach has a different feeling. Try Farangas, Parasporos, Krios, Kato yalos, Agia Irini, Logaras is very nice for families.
Paros is also famous for its watersports, specifically wind and kitesurfing. The eastern coastal town of Dryos with neighboring beaches of "chryssi akti" translated golden beach and "tserdakia" known as new golden beach are the most popular surfing destinations. The latter was the site of the 2000 and 2003 PWA IFCA international windsurfing championships as well as other international events. The location has once again been selected for the 2010 championships.
Tao's  is a retreat and meditation centre located on top of a hill, overlooking the Aegean Sea and the neighbouring islands. There are on-going daily activities, self-development seminars and a long-stay Work & Study program, along with Oriental-Thai cuisine and Cafe-Bar.
- See Naousa (Greek: Νάουσα)- is a village in the north eastern corner of the island of Paros.There are beautiful beaches and place of Naoussa with a fishing harbor and taverns is a beautiful, traditional and interesting
In front of the port of Naoussa is situated the unique Venetian castle of the 15th century, built during the dynasty of Sommaripa. As it is half-sunken beneath the surface of the sea remains a remarkable sight.
Visit the sandal's shop Atelier 1935: Creator of hand made Greek sandals 
In Parikia's seafront, you will find many nice tavernas with excellent food, exactly behind in the old town wander along the narrow streets with the many kinds of shops, and the unique Cycladic atmosphere.
Don't forget to seat in one of the many "Ouzeri" in Naoussa and taste Gouna fish and octopus in vinegar.
Paros has a very good fresh cheese named Myzithra: perfect with oregano, olive oil and small tomatoes.
- Entropy Bar; on Lower Market Street serves up drinks & disorder nightly - and boasts one of the most creative & eclectic cocktails & special shots on the island and has Happy Hour every night.
- Jazz Bar on Market St in Parikia; serves a great Martini!
- Pandrossos Hotel;popular place to watch the famous sunsets is the windmill bar.
- Pebbles jazz bar; favourite bar to watch the world go by on the south harbour promenade.
- Resalto bar; very nice bar in the port of Drios, plays the best rock music in Paros.
- Pirates bar; in the narrow roads of the Market of Paroikia plays the best jazz music and offers a great lounge environment!
- Alexandros Cafe; unique cafe in an old windmill, nowadays a cafe with magnificent view to the traditional settlement of Parikia and the sunset.
The main night life destination is the quaint town of Naoussa where you can enjoy a meal by the sea before following the music to bar street within the old city or along the main prominade.
There is a great selection of pensions, hotels, villa rentals and one youth hostel on Paros to choose from.
- Archontiko Mary, Alyki Paros, ☎ 2284092007, . It has 12 rooms available that can accommodate anybody, from one couple to a family of four. The rooms are bright and refreshing, with functionality and comfort. Clean, with all the necessary requirements such as, refrigerator, AC, TV, internet WIFI, a private bathroom and kitchenette. (36.997754,25.135147) edit
- Apollon Hotel Paros, Paroikia, ☎ 0030 694-8590908. checkin: 12.00; checkout: 12.00. 3 star hotel with 23 fully equipped rooms. Traditional Cycladic style villas with panoramic views of the sea, the bay of Parikia and the surrounding islands. €20. (37.08933,25.157313) edit
- Ampeli Studios Family run studios located in Parikia close to the beach and the port.
- Anna Platanou Parikia +30(22840)21751 mobile +30 694 718 8610 mailto:[email protected] http://www.annaplatanou.gr This is a friendly family run accommodation offering rooms and apartments in Parikia close to the beach and the old town with sea view. Very nice and helpful owners.
- Argonauta Hotel, Paroikia, ☎ +30(22840)21440,22278 (fax: "+30(22840)23442). A pleasant family run hotel in a characterful building on a quiet square. edit
- Calme Boutique Hotel, Chryssi Akti, Drios 84400, Paros, ☎ +30 22840 28695, . Calme Boutique Hotel, in Paros Island is the ideal destination for couples and holiday-makers who seek privacy and luxury in an elegant ambience edit
- Corali Hotel (Corali Hotel), Piso Livadi, ☎ +30 22840 41880. checkin: 12:30PM; checkout: 11:30AM. €50. edit
- Dryades Gardens & Studios Drios phone +30(22840)41422 mobile +30 694 848 0564. Located in the seaside village of Drios, these studio apartments operated by a young Greek-American family offer a clean, comfortable accommodation away from the crowds. All studios are equipped with a kitchenette, WC, air-conditioning, TV and a private balcony or terrace with an unobstructed ocean view. The 4 acre property is landscaped with a wide variety of flowers and fruit trees.
- EpiStudios Matsas Windmill, Naoussa, ☎ (+30) 210-6626878, 210-6026454, 22840-53017 ([email protected]). A set of apartments, 150 meters from the beach of Aghii Anarghyri. edit
- Ragoussis House  - traditional Cycladic rooms, studios and apartments located on a small hill between the Logaras beach and Pounda Beach. The Athens-based owners are very helpful, and offer transfer to the hotel from both the port and the airport.
- Aloni Hotel, Piso Livadi, ☎ + 30 22840 43238, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. The Aloni Hotel is situated in the seaside village of Piso Livadi. It offers 37 furnished rooms, an apartment (up to 6 persons) and a suite that may host from 2 to 4 people, all of which are air-conditioned and have a veranda with sea view. €40-185. edit
- Zefi Hotel, Naoussa, ☎ (+30) 22840 51789 ([email protected]), . Zefi Hotel, located at a distance of 300 meters from the center of Naoussa, is 10 km far from the port of Parikia and 20 km far from the airport of Alyki. edit
- Young Inn Hostel, Naoussa (From the city center follow the coastline to the east, past a small beach look for the Young Inn sign on the first left), ☎ (+30) 22840 51201 ([email protected]), . checkout: 11:00 AM. 1km from the city center on the hill to the west of Naoussa. The bus from Parikia (Paros Port) stops just outside of Naoussa to let people walk directly to Young Inn Hostel (less than 50m). At the peak of high season prices are €50 for a double room, €22 for a dorm bed, low season drops to €22 and €8 respectively. Group activities include regular barbeques and group dinners during summer and evening beer sessions in town. Staff can organise bicycle, scooter, motorbike, ATV (quads), beach buggy hires and day activities through preferred agents in Naoussa and across Paros. Breakfast can be organised the night before and staff can machine wash laundry and open air dry clothes. €50. (37.121052,25.234107) edit
- Lazino Studios & Apartments, Naoussa, ☎ (+30) 69451 53772 ([email protected]), . Located within a short distance from Naoussa's bustling centre and the medieval Venetian harbour, and just 300 metres from the beach of Agii Anargyri. edit
- Manis Inn, Piperi beach, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51744, . Situated on a sandy beach front known as Piperi Beach, just a five minute stroll from the port of Naoussa and the Main Square. edit
- Kallisti Paros hotels  is 400 meters from the center of Naoussa, overlooking the Aegean.
- Lefkes Village Hotel, Lefkes, ☎ +3022840 41827, +306932753415 (fax: +3022840 41827), . Hotel with 20 spacious rooms. edit
- Kalypso Hotel & Apartments, Agii Anargiri beach, Naousa, ☎ +30 22840 51777, . checkin: 12:30AM; checkout: 11:45 am.. Close to the fishing village of Naousa. Excellent view of the bay of Agii Anargyri and surroundings. High speed internet, satellite tv, A/C in every room, bar with outdoor seating. edit
- Zefi Hotel and Apartments, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51789, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. The Zefi Hotel is a traditional complex of 38 rooms and apartments - Cycladic Island style - that offer visitors comfortable accommodations. Facilities include a swimming pool, jacuzzi, parking area, etc. €55-165. edit
- Kosmitis Hotel, Agii Anargyri - Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 52466, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. 4-star establishment 800 meters from Naoussa. 32 fully-equipped and traditionally styled rooms. 80-195 euro. edit
- Senia Hotel, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51971, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. 4-star hotel with spacious rooms, apartments and suites that can accommodate from 2 to 6 persons. €50-260. edit
- Swiss Home Hotel, Naoussa, ☎ +302284051633, +302284051387, +306975923190 (fax: +302284052026), . Swiss Home Hotel in Paros Island provides with high standard accommodation in Naoussa Town, Paros. Wrapped in the ambiance of an old inn, infused by the classical colors, décor and design, whilst combined with Cycladic architectural elements and colors of Greece, make for a unique accommodation in Paros. edit
- Captain Nicolas, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 52340, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. Captain Nicolas Hotel Apartments and Studios complex are in the 4-star category. On the beach, with 18 spacious, comfortable and fully-equipped studios and apartments. edit
- Kallisti Rooms & Apartments, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 52219, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. Kallisti is an elegant hotel, located 400 meters from Naoussa, overlooking the Aegean Sea. All rooms and apartments are decorated and have a bathroom, a fridge, a TV, a phone, air-conditioning, and a veranda or a balcony with a seaview or mountain view. Facilities include a swimming pool, an indoor and outdoor cafe, and a lounge. Breakfast included. 55-140 euro. edit
- Paliomylos Hotel Apartments & Studios, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51151, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. 50 meters from the beach. All hotel apartments and studios are air-conditioned and have a bathroom, a kitchen, a phone, a TV, a fridge, and a balcony or veranda with view of the sea. Visitors are provided with a swimming pool, a breakfast lounge, a bar, a living room, a café, a TV room, and a parking lot. from 65 euro. edit
- Sofia Pension Hotel, Parikia, ☎ +30 22840 22085, . checkin: 12:30 PM; checkout: 11:30 AM. 4-star hotel, offers double and triple rooms with private balcony or veranda with a garden view. 70-120 euro. edit
- Villa Isabella Studios & Suites, Naoussa, . Offers standard and traditional self catering studios, superior and junior hotel suites with seaview. edit
- Astoria, Naoussa, . Our apartments are fully equipped with air-condition, TV and fridge. There is also a cafe bar and a restaurant that is in operation inside the hotel. Studios Astoria are only 50meters from the beach and from the center of Naousa, where is located the bus station. edit
- Sunset View Hotel and Apartments, Parikia, Paros, ☎ +30 22840 24285 ([email protected]), . Sunset View Hotel has been built amphitheatrically above the town of Parikia, in a unique traditional island style. The family hotel offers a pleasant stay with a variety of amenities. edit
- Polos Hotel, Parikia, Paros, ☎ +30 22840 22173 ([email protected], fax: +30 22840 24332), . Polos Hotel is closed to the port of Parikia and 50 m away from livadia beach. It provides fully equiped rooms with pool view, garden and pool bar edit
- Oasis Hotel, Parikia, Paros, ☎ +30 22840 21082 ([email protected]), . Opposite the port, at the entrance of the old town, sea view. edit
- Oasis Studios, Parikia, Paros, ☎ +30 694 241 4196 ([email protected]), . In Parikia, few meters from the sea, rooms with a kitchen, just 1km away from the city centre. edit
- Archipelagos Resort hotel  is a 5-star hotel on the west coast of the island at the beach of Agia Eirini.
- Astir of Paros, Kolymbithres Beach, Naoussa, ☎ +30 22840 51976 ([email protected], fax: +30 22840 51985), . Five-star hotel with private beach, 57 rooms all with en-suite bathrooms, excellent food, art gallery, health spa. (37.12146,25.21645) edit
- Paros Villas Rentals  is a villa rental agency with an extensive selection of villas, vacation homes & holiday rentals and also offers Paros Yacht Charters and additional local services.
- Contaratos Beach Hotel, Agioi Anargiroi, Naousa, ☎ +30 22840 51693 ([email protected], fax: +30 2284 0 51740), . 4 star hotel next to the beach of Saint Anargiri. edit
Paros is generally a safe island.
Be aware of rental scams, especially with agencies working only with motorbikes and ATVs. Using these types of vehicles is very common on Paros and there are a lot of rental agencies. Some of them are ready to cheat. They will offer faulty motorbikes or ATVs for a lower price, but in case of accident they will demand that the customer pay for the whole cost of damage. They are offering only basic insurance but will present it like full insurance. Also, there is a big possibility of serious injuries.
It is possible to recognize these rental agencies by observing them aggressively attracting tourists and offering lower prices than others. Employees in front of these type of agencies will be loud and ready to promise everything until the contract is signed. It is necessary to check the vehicle before making any decision. Their vehicles are in most of the cases dusty, dirty and look old.
Move on by boat to Antiparos, Naxos, Mykonos, Syros, Ios or Santorini.
Another way to discover Cyclades islands is by a private sailing boat. There are various companies that offer sailing trips in the Cyclades, most of them from Paros or Syros island.
Greek Water Yachts private sailing trips & boat charter  is located in Paroikia, the capital of Paros.
Michael Zeppos  is located in Naoussa, a picturesque village of Paros.