Panyu (番禺) is a district of Guangzhou in China's Guangdong province, and within the Pearl River Delta.
- By metro: The southern, ShiQiao, portion of line 3 of the Guangzhou metro travels south from the TianHe district of Guangzhou towards PanYu Square.
- By bus: from many places.
- The area is well severed by local buses; most at 2 kuai a ride with some longer-line buses costing 3 kuai.
- As Panyu does allow motorcycles (unlike the Guangzhou city center), there are many motorcycle taxis, especially outside bus stations and the metro stops. Short rides start at 5 kuai and while knowing local landmarks helps, they also seem to be fine with you pointing the direction you want to go.
- The biggest attraction is probably Lianhua Shan (Lotus Mountain) （莲花山）. It features an impressive quarry from which red sand stone was mined about 2,000 years ago, a pagoda from 1612 and a barrack from 1664. The obligatory statue of Guanyin (the Buddhist representaion of compassion) at the side of the Buddhist temple is also not missing.
- Dafushan Forest Park (大夫山森林公園) is located just 2 miles west of downtown Panyu. It is a large, fully developed and very well maintained park. In the middle rest a large lake and there are thousands of stairs to be climbed up and down hills throughout the park, with many hidden rest spots. To get there take bus 9 from Shiqiao for the south entrance or bus 15 for the north.
- Chime-Long Paradise is the largest amusement park in China. It is located at the Hanxi Changlong Metro Station
- Downtown Panyu is at the middle of the Shiqiao sub-district and hosts the 5 star Panyu Hotel, many clothing boutiques, gyms, a Vanguard, KTVs and everything else one might need. The sidewalks around the shopping areas become packed with young locals in the evenings and weekends.
- Tea Exchange Plaza/Center is located at 939 County Road and can be accessed by bus 15. Here there are about a dozen fairly large tea shops, where you can tastes tea of all qualities and types.
- 25th floor of Bank of China building in Panyu Square offers a restaurant serving western influenced food with great views of the city. Be sure to get a good window seat.
- There is a clutter of interesting local bars and clubs off of Qinghe Dong Lu near the Miramar Hotel (美丽华大酒店). The hotel here is popular with Japanese businessmen and there are also many sushi restaurants nearby.
- A large Night Club is located about a 1/4 mile walk from the Miramar Hotel towards the nearby river.
- Nansha Grand Hotel. Five-star hotel.
- Royal Marina Plaza Five-star business hotel Located at Panyu Square and hosts a vibrant night club.
- Panyu Hotel. Four-star hotel.
- Miramar Hotel Three-star business hotel Located 118 at Qinghe Dong Lu
- There are also many local hotels that can be found by walking around Shiqiao.
- There are two major bus stations in Panyu, Shiqiao Bus Station, and the Panyu Bus Passenger Transport Station.
- Panyu is only an hour and a half from the Hong Kong boarder in Shenzhen when there is light traffic. The Panyu Hotel offers direct buses to the check point and then re-boards on the Hong Kong side to head to the city center. The hotel also offers direct buses to the Guangzhou airport (Baiyun Airport).
- Chime-Long Paradise (Changlong) offers a free shuttle service to Guangzhou South Railway station where a bullet train can arrive at Zhuhai/Macau in 46 minutes via the Guangzhou-Zhuhai Intercity Rail.