Pantelleria is an island lying between Sicily, Italy and Tunisia. Although Italian proud of its Arab influence. It has a very rich history and the main engineers of the island gardens and architecture was the Arabic culture. However mixed the culture is, it is in this time a very Sicilian culture in every way. There is a great emphasis on the art of hospitality. It is becoming quite a chic destination. It is striking and hilly, with the countryside dotted with white Dammuso houses. There are no beaches - people swim off the black rocks.
The main centre is Pantelleria Town, along with the much smaller Scauri, Tracino & Kamma and Rekale.
The Piano Ghirlandia, Pantelleria
Planes fly in daily from Palermo and Trapani (40 minutes). See Meridiana.
Direct Flights from Rome and Milan. A new agreement with the hotels on Pantelleria has created a long period of direct flights to Pantelleria from Rome and Milan. These flights are on big jets (300 seats or more), only on weekends, 3 or 4 times each weekend day. Usually ALITALIA fly from Milan Linate and Rome Fiumicino from June to September. You can book and buy tickets on Alitalia's own site. Another company that offer seasonal flights is Blu Express It generally departs from Rome Fiumicino and Milan Malpensa. The scheduled flights are released every year in April / May. Lastly there are some charter flights, but are not very reliable as they change often their schedule and it is too risky to make a connection with them.
Daily overnight ferries run from Trapani in Sicily, running more frequently alongside hydrofoils in Summer. Hydrofoil from Mazara del Vallo twice daily. See SIREMAR and Ustica Lines.
There is quite a good bus service around the island. See 
An excellent way to see the island is to hire a moped for a few days - it is small enough to do a circuit in 4 hours or so. Beware - there are only two petrol station on the island - both in Pantelleria Town.
- Gadir Hamlet and its thermal pools.
- Piano Ghiraldia vineyards at the far (east) end of the island.
- Sesi - black Neolithic funeral mounds.
- Specchio di Venere - a lake inside the crater of a former volcano.
- Boat Tours. For a moderate fee, you can take a slow boat tour around the island. This can be very entertaining depending on who comes along. Usually there is abundant food and wine served on board, swimming stops and a photographic adventure of a very rich volcanic island. From the sea you can see the homes of Armani and many of Italy's most famous people. edit
- Thermal Pools and the Sauna Cave. There are many thermal pools on Pantelleria. One of the best places is a large natural sauna cave in the mountains near the region called Monestero. One of the most beautiful vistas on the island can be seen from here. There is also Santaria, a hot thermal pool inside a cave. This is according to legend the love nest of Calypso and Ulysses. All the thermal pools are free and maintained by the community members. edit
- Trekking. There are many maintained trails into the complex geology of Pantelleria. Each little region is very different and unique from all the others. For a small island, there is tremendous diversity to Pantelleria. edit
There are two famous sculptors on the island. One is a local man, a Pantesce Native (Kaku). He has a shop near the old castle in the main village, Pantelleria.
The other is a Native American who lives in Rekhale (Turtle Heart).
Ceramics of DiSimone. DiSimone is a very famous ceramics artist who started his career on Pantelleria. Now his work is sold in shops in many countries. He still has his "home" gallery on Pantelleria. Great objects for the household and fancy objects of ceramic art. Very colorful and vivid scenes of the traditional life of Pantelleria.
- Da Pina, Via Lago, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 393 880 5395. Restaurant edit
- Il Cappero, Via Roma, 33, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 092 391 2725. Restaurant with excellent medium-priced food, very popular with the locals. edit
- La Nicchia, Contrada Scauri Basso, Salita San Gaetano, 11, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 092 391 6342, . Restaurant edit
- La Risacca, Via Don Alonzo Errera, 18, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 092 391 2975. Italian Restaurant edit
- Le 2 Cale, Contrada Cala Levante, 34, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 092 391 5451. Restaurant edit
- Zabib, zona Zubebi, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 380 903 9362 ([email protected]), . Good restaurant, open only for dinner. edit
Passito. You must drink the famous wine of Pantelleria, called Passito. Pantelleria is an island of farmers, not fishermen. The ancient wine is unique in all the world and the best Passito is generally only available locally. If you make friends with local people you can have the adventure of tasting home made Passito. Passito is a rich meditation wine, sometimes called a dessert wine. Passito and Capers are the island's two best known products.
- Cantina Minardi, Via Campobello, 86, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 333 138 6836, . Winery edit
- CiCCi's Bar, Via Cagliari, 7, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 339 588 5821. A favorite place in Pantelleria village, right near the central square. Generous snacks. Great atmosphere. Cicci is a force on Pantelleria and this bar has great ambience and personality. A must visit bar and cafe in the true Sicilian style. edit
- Emporio del Gusto, Via Napoli, 97, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 339 755 6620 ([email protected]), . Cafeteria edit
- Solidea Azienda Agricola, Contrada, Via Kaddiuggia, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 392 048 3517, . Winery edit
- Blue Moon Hotel, Via Don Alonzo Errera, 159, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 092 391 2785, . Charming and cheap hotel in the center of Pantelleria city. They will pick you up at the airport. Nice rooms. edit
- Cossyra Hotel, Contrada Mursia, 20, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 092 391 1217 ([email protected]), . About 3 km (2 miles) from Pantelleria port, this hotel has pleasant grounds, a pool, tennis courts and a private beach. edit
- Cuore Mediterrane, Via Campobello, 122, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 339 491 5968 ([email protected]), . Residence edit
- Mursia Resort & Spa, Contrada Mursia, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 092 391 1217, . About 3 km (2 miles) from Pantelleria port, this hotel has pleasant grounds, a pool, tennis courts and a private beach. edit
- Pantelleria, Contrada Zueby, Pantelleria, Pantelleria, ☎ +39 334 976 4489. Hostel edit
- Yacht Marina, Via Genova 1, 91017 Pantelleria, ☎ +39 347 686 4766 ([email protected]), . Hotel edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!