Adoor is a city in Kerala in India.
From adoor to Eranakulam
KSRTC buses connect Adoor with almost all important places in Kerala. Adoor is known as the "Door to Central Travencore" and is known as a transportation hub that connects the capital Trivandrum with the other cities in central Kerala. Getting to near by places is quite easy as there are a number of private buses connecting villages in and around Adoor. Other major routes through Adoor are:
- Kayamkulam - Punaloor (Ordinary and Fast)
- Kayamkulam - Kottarakkara (Ordinary and Fast)
- Kayamkulam - Pathanamthitta (Ordinary)
- Kottayam - Kottarakkara (Ordinary, Fast and Express)
- Kottayam - Thiruvanathapuram (Ordinary, Fast and Express)
- Ernakulam - Thiruvanathapuram (Ordinary, Fast and Express)
- Guruvayoor - Thiruvananthapuram (Ordinary, Fast and Express)
- Kollam - Pathanamthitta (Private and Govt.)
- Chavara - Pathanamthitta (Private)
- Karunagappally - Pathanamthitta (Private and Govt.)
- From Thiruvananthapuram to Adoor - 2 Hrs (85 KM)
- From Ernakulam( Cochin) to Adoor - 3 Hrs (130KM)
For internal Travel minimum charge will be Rs 10 and every one km they may charge Rs 8 in day time and Rs 10 and maybe more in nght times. Autorickshaws are available throughout the day and are deployed at Central Bus Stand.
- From Adoor Central Govt. Bus Stand to Private Bust Stand - 10 Min.
- From Adoor Central Govt. Bus Stand to Revenue Tower - 5 Min. ( Near To Private Bus Stand)
- From Adoor Central Govt. Bus Stand to Parthasarathy Temple - 2 Min.
- From Adoor Central Govt. Bus Stand to Chennampallil Temple - 30 Min.
- From Adoor Central Govt. Bus Stand to Trichennamangalam Mahadevar Temple - 40 Min. (Peringinadu)
- Parthasarathy Temple, (near the Private Bus Stand). The most important temple in town.
- Trichenamangalam Mahadevar Temple, (10 kilometers away at Peringanad).
- Sree Dharma Sastha Temple, (5 kilometers away at Chenampalil).
- Peedikayil Devi Temple, (Pannivizha). A wonderful temple with century old traditions.
- Sree Mahadevar Temple, (Pannivizha). One of the rare Dekshinamoorthy temples with century old traditions.
- Ezhamkulam Devi Temple, (5 km from Adoor Town). Famous for "Garudan Thookam and Kettukazhcha" that takes place as a part of the annual Kumbhabharani Festival.
- Ammummakavu Devi Temple (Chiranickal), Parakode North - Chiranickal (5 km from Adoor Town). Ammummakavu is the Propitiating Mother Goddess.
- Kodumon Palliyara Devi Temple (Chilanthi Ambalam), 1.5 km East of Kodumon Jn: (8 km from Adoor Town). The water of the Chilanthikinar (Well) on the premises of this temple is believed to cure skin diseases.
- Orippurathu Bhagavathi Temple, Orippuram Thattayil (Adoor - Thumpamon Road Take diversion from Keerukuzhy Jn.). 8 KM from Adoor Town Easy Access By road (North East,8 KM)
- Bhagavatikunnu Devi Temple (Elamannoor Bhoothamkara), Durga Temple (Temple).
- Indilayappan Temple, Parakode (3 kilometer from adoor). one of the different "Bhava" related to "Lord Ayyapa Swami"
- st:marys orthodox church, karuvatta,adoor, ☎ 04734 227137.
- mahadevar temple (devi temple), puthussery bhagom (south). 20 mts.
- Asha Fancy, ☎ 04734228179. The number one super shop.
- Sree Moolam Market. One of the oldest market places in Kerala.
- G K General Stores & Textiles, (In Nellimukal to Thengamam Road, Plakadu Jn), ☎ 0091 9961785565.
- Parakode Market, K. P. Road (2 km). Well-known market.
- Trissur Gold, Adoor (East of KSRTC).
- Kream Korner, (near Karikineth textiles).
- Yamuna. Restaurant and bar.
- Arabian Grills, Central Jn. (200 Mtrs East of KSRTC Bus Stand).
- Aarya Bhavan, Adoor (Near KSRTC).
- Kavery Dine In, Adoor (Near KSRTC Bus Station).
- Fancy Palace, Market Jn,Adoor. 08:00am-10:00pm.
- Aqua Lounge (Pool side at the Wyte Portico), Karuvatta Jn, Adoor (Right off the Main Central Rd (MC Rd)), ☎ 91 4734223700. 7 pm-11 pm. The poolside cafe at the Wyte Portico has live music and barbecue on the weekends. $$$.
- Indraprastha Bar.
- KTDC Beer Parlor, Adoor.
- Central Park (Bar & Restaurant), Opp Maria Hospital.
- Thomsun Restaurant, (adoor- parakode route).
- Hot & Sour @ Hotel Yamuna, Yamuna Complex, M C Road, Adoor, ☎ 04734 228701.
- Lals Residency. (,500 MTR)
- Indraprestha. Lodging (,100 Mtr)
- Fathima Tourist Home, Central Jn. Adoor (East of Adoor KSRTC Bust Station). (,200 Mtrs)
- Dickson Tourist Home, Adoor Kerala (Near Pvt Bus Stand and Taluk Hospital). (,150 Mtrs)
- Paruvackal Lodge, Adoor (Near RDO Office). (,50 Mtr)
- Hotel Wyteportico (Wyte Portico), Karuvatta Jn. Adoor (KP Road), ☎ +91 4734 223700, . Hotel Wyte Portico is a unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic; it’s an icon in the heart of the adoor town, in Kerala state, Indian subcontinent. (9.191581,76.061096)
- Hotel Yamuna, Yamuna Complex, M C Road, Adoor (Near Old Private Bus Stand), ☎ 04734 228701.