Paluma is 60 km north of Townsville. If you want to escape the hot, humid weather of Townsville then go up to Paluma which is in the Mount Spec ranges of Thuringowa's heritage-listed Wet Tropics.
- Car Take bitumen road from the Bruce Highway all the way to Paluma. The view is spectacular as you wind your way up to the 1000 metres above sea level where Paluma is located.
- Little Crystal Creek gorge. Nice waterfalls
- Paluma Dam.
Little Crystal Creek gorge.
- Swim. Half way up the mountain is the Little Crystal Creek gorge where you can swim in the water pools. Toilets and change rooms are provided so bring a towel!
- Flooded Gums. Drive past Paluma along the stretch of bitumen road and see the magnificent Flooded Gum's forest.
Part of one of the rainforest walks.
- Rainforest Inn, ☎ 07 4770 8688. This restaurant / bar was built in 2005 and is open and spacious. The menu was modern with share plates included in the entree list and a good selection of mains. Quite a surprise finding it here. Great place edit
- Paluma Dreaming. Appeared to be more of a fast food type menu. It is located at the Backpackers. edit
- Misthaven Units, ☎ 07 4770 8666. edit
- Rainforest Inn, ☎ 07 4770 8688. edit
- Paluma Dreaming, ([email protected]). You are not allowed to bring any drinks because they provide food. There are dormitories for men, women and teacher or adults, two people sleep in one room. edit
- Fatima Cottage, ☎ 07 4770 8520. edit
- Mt Spec Cottage, ☎ 07 4770 8520. edit
Bed and Breakfast
- Forest Mist, ☎ 07 4770 8578. edit
- Hidden Valley Cabins, CMB 46,Hidden Valley 4816, ☎ (07) 4770 8088 or 1800 466 509 ([email protected]), . This is a great little place 25 km further on from Paluma. Accommodation is in wood cabins surrounded by the Australian bush. There is a bar across the lawn from your cabin and close by is a pool and covered area with large screen TV. Mountain biking is an activity in the area. Large wallabies can be seen from your cabin. edit