Palu is the capital of Central Sulawesi province in Indonesia.
Mutiara Airport (IATA: PLW) is located 10km from Palu and has flights to Balikpapan, Jakarta, Luwuk, Makassar, Surabaya and Tolitoli.
There aren't too many activities to keep you busy here, but there are trekking options from Palu to Lore Lindu, Bada Valley, Dumoga Bone and Halmahera Maluku to name a few. English guides in this town are very hard to come by, Indonesian speaking guides are easy enough but it takes a lot of the fun out of the trek when you don't understand a word the guide is telling you. I managed to find one English speaking guide who took us on a four day hike through Lore Lindu. It was a fairly simple route but I think he can tailor make hikes if you have any preferences. His name is Adri and his email address is [email protected]
- KFC, Jl. Sultan Hasanuddin I No. 15, ☎ +62 451 425156, . 6am-10pm. edit
- Kaledo and UveMpoi, Road to Donggala. Traditional food made from oax foot, same as Makassar's Konro, which is made from ribs. Kaledo taste is hot and sour. edit
- Black Canyon Coffee, . Nice restaurant with free wi-fi and live music. Food ranges from 30-100k edit
- Heni Putri Kaili, Jalan Kaombona No. 9, Talise, Palu. Seafront restaurant. Excellent food. Nice private hut for each table. Very nice place where local family have dinners. edit
- Palu City Hotel, "Address"". Relatively nice, wifi in the breakfast area and lobby only. edit
- Pelangi Hotel, "Address"". checkout: 12pm. Perfect for travellers on a budget. Big, simple, cleanish rooms, western toilet (some have no seats), Indonesian shower. Close to warungs, supermarket and a university with very cheap wi-fi. 5 minute walk to beach/food market 100(fan)-150(AC). edit
- Sutan Raja, (800m outside the airport). Big hotel. Convention center. With pool and gym. Discounts may be possible 450,000IDR. edit