Palm Bay is a city in Brevard County, Florida. It is located directly south of the cities of Melbourne and West Melbourne. The city's population was measured at 105,838 at a 2014 Census, making it the most populous city in the county.
Palm Bay can be directly accessed by Interstate 95 from Exits 173 (SR-514/Malabar Rd) and 176 (CR-516/Palm Bay Rd). Also from US-1 (Dixie Hwy NE).
Palm Bay is primarily serviced either by Orlando Melbourne International Airport (MLB) in Melbourne, or Orlando International Airport (MCO) in Orlando.
The Greyhound bus station is in West Melbourne at 4520 W New Haven Ave, and in Rockledge at 3210 Fiske Blvd (bus stop only).
The closest Amtrak train station is in Kissimmee at 111 East Dakin Ave.
By car, taxi, or rideshare service are the most popular ways. The Space Coast Area Transit bus system has a few stops in and around Palm Bay.
Follow US-1 to the north to Melbourne, turn right onto the Melbourne Causeway across the Indian River to Indialantic for direct access to the beach. In addition to the beach, there's also:
- Castaways Point Park, 2990 Bay Blvd NE, 321-952-3443. Walking areas, fishing docks, picnic areas, pavilions, Florida wildlife viewing along the Indian River Lagoon.
- Palm Bay Regional Park, 1951 Malabar Rd NW, 321-508-3444. Located 6 miles west of I-95, this 200-acre regional park is home to the Palm Bay Soccer Club, and Brevard Caribbean American Sports and Cultural Association. Four lakes attract fishermen, and rustic group camping is available by permit for organized youth groups. Facilities include athletic fields, basketball and volleyball courts, restrooms, picnic area, playground, pavilion with 3 grills, bicycle/walking trail and fishing deck.
- Larsen Motorsports, 2495 Palm Bay Rd NE. Features the "Jet Technology Center", that walks fans through what it takes to engineer, design, fabricate paint professional race and drag cars. Holds various drag-racing events that occasionally include some big-name celebrities.
- Palm Bay Aquatic Center, 420 Community College Parkway SE, 321-952-2232. Located at Eastern Florida State College Palm Bay Campus, pool features include zero depth entry, water play toys, large slide, teaching area, eight 25-yard lap lanes, and a diving well with two 1-meter diving boards. Aquatic Center programs are conducted by Parks and Recreation Department Staff. Also has pools open to individuals and families.
- Palm Bay Kayaks, 1950 Palm Bay Rd NE, 321-215-1707. Offers guided Eco-Tours through Turkey Creek Sanctuary, Goat Creek, Indian River Lagoon, and Sebastian River.
- The Majors Golf Club at Bayside Lakes, 3375 Bayside Lakes Blvd, 321-952-8617. 18-hole golf course designed by PGA Champion Arnold Palmer, also holds tournaments and lessons. Signatures Grille restaurant on site.
- Turkey Creek Sanctuary, 1518 Port Malabar Blvd NE, 321-676-6690. A 1.85 mile boardwalk passing through hydric (wet) hammock, mesic (moist) hammock, and sand pine scrub communities, and 1.5 miles of jogging trails through native forest, both excellent for viewing a multitude of wild life. Within the Sanctuary, there is also a 1 mile mountain bike trail with a direct connection to an additional 8 miles. The on-site Margaret Hames Nature Center offers interpretive exhibits and environmental education programs including nature day camps, tours, nature library and gift store.
- Bass Pro Shops, 750 Bass Pro Drive NE, 321-674-3700. Fishing and hunting store and apparel. Live alligators and hogs on display.
- Bayside Lakes Shopping Center, 3450 Bayside Lakes Blvd SE. Chain and retail shops, restaurants.
- Interchange Square, 1153 Malabar Rd NE, 800-275-8777. Chain and retail shops, restaurants.
- Palm Bay Shopping Center, 160 Malabar Rd SW, 321-723-4844. Chain and retail stores, Winn-Dixie.
On the west side of I-95 from Exit 183 (SR-518/Eau Gallie Blvd), check out:
- Renninger's Super Flea and Farmer's Market, 4835 West Eau Gallie Blvd, 321-242-9124. Open Friday-Sunday, includes nearly two and a half miles (over 800 booths) of covered shopping, food courts, a beer garden, and special monthly attractions. Pretty much everything including fresh produce, spices, arts and crafts, plants, appliances, electronics, furniture, cell phones and, best of all, Florida souvenirs. Many various animals also on display and, if you like to haggle, many of the asking prices can be negotiable, especially if you have actual cash on-hand. A must-do for all residents and visitors at least once.
- Broken Barrel Tavern, The, 4700 S Babcock St, 321-728-4755. BBQ and wings menu, full bar with pool tables and dart boards.
- Chekmarc's, 2162 Harris Ave NE, 321-676-1200. Breakfast and lunch menu.
- Irishai 2 Japanese Bistro, 4870 Babcock St NE, 321-312-4540. Authentic Japanese sushi bar & grill.
- La Estancia De Luisa, 5270 Babcock St NE, 321-984-5170. Latin American/Colombian cuisine.
- Ozzie's Crabhouse, 4391 Dixie Hwy NE, 321-724-0009. Seafood, steaks, prime rib. Features outdoor seating, live entertainment, karaoke and open mic nights.
- Pepper Tree, 2672 Palm Bay Rd NE, 321-724-8800. Deli sandwiches, soups and salads.
- Rooney's Bar and Grill, 2641 Palm Bay Rd NE, 321-724-8520. Good all-American menu. Features outdoor seating, live entertainment and karaoke.
- Tacos Mexicano Acachela, 1851 Palm Bay Rd NE, 321-802-5238. Tacos and other Mexican-style fare.
- Crossroads Sports Bar, 5070 Minton Rd NW, 321-723-9952. Pool tables, darts, big-screen TVs. Smoking allowed.
- JD's Sports Lounge, 2020 Palm Bay Rd NE, 321-956-8511. Pool tables, limited food menu. Smoking allowed.
- Palm Pub, 1604 Water Dr NE, 321-508-9836. Pool tables, outdoor seating with live entertainment.
- Siggy's - An American Bar, 1153 Malabar Rd NE, 321-952-0104. Pool tables, darts, big-screen TVs. Limited food menu. Live entertainment and outdoor seating, smoking allowed.
- The Wet Spot, 3650 Dixie Hwy NE, 321-728-3055. Pool tables, big screen TVs, limited food menu. Smoking allowed.
- Comfort Suites Palm Bay-Melbourne, 1175 Malabar Rd NE, 321-369-1234.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Palm Bay, 1206 Malabar Rd SE, 321-220-2003.
- Motel 6 Palm Bay, 1170 Malabar Rd SE, 321-951-8222.
- Palm Bay Hotel and Conference Center, 1881 Palm Bay Rd NE, 321-723-8181.
- Quality Inn, 890 Palm Bay Rd, 321-725-2952.
- Tropical Inn Resort, 4700 Dixie Hwy NE, 321-951-0350.