Paihia  is a town in the Bay of Islands of the North Island of New Zealand.
Paihia has stunning views over the Bay of Islands. Most of the maritime activities depart from the wharf at the corner of Marsden and Williams roads. The Maritime Building next to the wharf houses two tour companies.
The Bay of Islands information centre is also at the wharf, phone 09 402 7345, fax 09 402 7314, (email: mailto:[email protected])
Several tourist coach companies offer daily sightseeing services from downtown Auckland including InterCity  and Naked Bus . These services take around 4 hours and may include rest stops and commentary on local history.
There are many packaged tours available that include the Bay of Islands in their North Island itinerary. Auckland is the nearest international airport to Paihia. Regional airlines have flights from most of the main centres in New Zealand to Kerikeri airport which is about 20 minutes by car or shuttle van from Paihia.
Rental cars are also a popular choice of transport for overseas visitors.
- Fullers GreatSights Bay of Islands  Offer the widest range of cruise and tours in the region inlcuding a full day cruise around the Bay of Islands with a chance to swim with the dolphins. Officially licenced by the New Zealand Department of Conservation, Fullers GreatSights are permitted to actively seek dolphin and whales in and around the Bay of Islands. Most cruises include a trip out the famous Hole in the Rock and the Cape Brett lighthouse and a portion of every ticket goes to dolphin research in the bay. Fullers GreatSights also operate a range of land based tours including Cape Reinga via 90 Mile Beach, Kerikeri and Russell mini tours.
- Sea Shuttle Bay of Islands, 69 Marsden Rd, ☎ 0800243829, . 5 hour scenic and activities cruise in the Bay of Islands. Small, personalised and interactive tours with two island stopovers on beautiful secluded beaches. Keep an eye out for wildlife throughout the day, snorkel the outer islands, feel the sand beneath your feet, listen to the history and commentary about the area, or give standup paddleboarding a go in the calm and sheltered waters. edit
- awesomeNZ.com  Operate a range of cruise and land tours aimed for the more adventurous traveller. From half day Dolphin Eco Encounters, Cape Reinga and 90 Mile Beach day tours to the Excitor - Ultimate High Speed Adventure Fast Boat ride to the iconic Hole in the Rock.
- Bush walks through the Opua forest. The trail starts at the end of School Road. One hour return to the viewpoint overlooking the Bay and Russell. 2.5 hours each way for a longer walk.
- Swim at the long, sandy beach north of the wharf along the road to Waitangi.
- Dive the Rainbow Warrior wreck. The Rainbow Warrior was a Greenpeace boat sunk by French secret service agents on July 7 1985 in Auckland. It was refloated and then scuttled two years later near the Bay of Islands as an artificial reef. Dive boat trips to the Rainbow Warrior are run by Paihia Dive, Williams Road. tel 0800 107 551 (free call) or 09 402 7551. fax 09 402 7110. Paihia Dive teach the PADI wreck course using the wreck.
- Swim With Wild Dolphins There are a small selection of companies in Paihia that are approved by the New Zealand Department of Conservation to seek dolphin and whales in the wild. These tours allow you to jump into the sheltered bay with both common and bottlenosed dolphins. Check with operator for approved DOC permit
- 'The Rock' Overnight Cruise  Cruise the Bay of Islands for 22 hours, incorporating lots of water activities, island walks, onboard meals, as well as time to watch the stunning scenery and wildlife.
- 'Discover the Bay - 'Hole in the Rock' and dolphin viewing cruise. Explore the Bay of Islands while searching for dolphins and visiting the iconic Hole in the Rock. 
- Swim with Dolphins. Swim alongside dolphins in their natural environment and in the warmest water in New Zealand. 
- Dune Rider unique adventure tour. Take a full day to explore the Far North. Drive along Ninety Mile Beach, climb the sand dunes and boogie board back down. Visit a Gumdigger’s Park and walk to Cape Reinga Lighthouse to view the meeting of the Pacific Ocean and Tasmin Sea. 
- The Cabbage Tree has two shops; one in Williams Road and one in the Maritime building. Phone / fax 09 402 7318 . (email: mailto:[email protected]), . New Zealand made gifts and souvenirs, such as possum and merino wool garments, kauri wood bowls and boxes, traditional greenstone (jade) and bone carvings and jewellery. Open seven days.
- Enz of the Earth, Marsden Road, phone 09 402 5955, . Gifts from Asia, including womenswear, jewellery, shoes, hats, bags, and greenstone. Open seven days.
- Only Seafood, 40 Marsden Road, phone 09 402 6066 (email: mailto:[email protected], fax 09 402 7083), . 7 days a week from 5 PM. It is fully licensed and does not take bookings. NZ seafood. Main plus vegetables $30.
- Ice Cream and Expresso kiosk. Cnr Marsden and Williams Road. Rush Munro 100% natural ice cream and selection of coffees and iced drinks. Gaze over the Bay and people-watch. Around $4.
- King Wah Restaurant, Selwyn Mall, phone 09 402 7566. Chinese cuisine. Buffet $29.50 per person.
- Otehei Bay Restaurant and Bar, Urupukapuka Island . Open every day, offering a variety of meals and refreshments. Telephone +64 9 402 8234 or 0800 DOLPHIN (365 744) email: mailto:[email protected]
- Movenpick, 2 Williams Road, ☎ +644025961, . 9am-late. Offers 16 flavours of ice cream with no artificial colours or flavouringss. $6-15. edit
- Beached As Paihia, 14 Marsden Road, Paihia (On the corner of Kings Road and Marsden Road, occupying the top 2 storys. Is directly opposite the best part of Paihia beach, couldn't get any closer), ☎ "09 ([email protected]), . Beached As Paihia is a friendly, clean and family owned Holiday Accommodation with some of the best views in Paihia. There are 3 private, ensuite rooms on the 3rd floor and a large family apartment on the second floor. Staff are very helpful. Prices vary depending on season but very good value! Free off-street parking. edit
- Beachfront Pacific, 156 Marsden Road, Paihia (Towards the Waitangi end of town, but only a short stroll into the tourism hub. Directly accross from the beach), ☎ "09 ([email protected]). Directly opposite the beach with 3 ground level, self contained units with kitchens, 2 are double rooms, others single. Clean and tidy. Same owners as Beached As Paihia so can accommodate you easily. Long term stays available too. Nice and quiet end of town with uncrowded beach, better for swimming. Recommended for families. Off-Street parking Price depends on season (summer more expensive) but very good value compared to similar. edit
- Tarltons Lodge - Luxury Bed & Breakfast, 11 Sullivans Road, 09 402 6711" (email: mailto:[email protected]),. SuperKing/2 single rooms, offering stunning panoramic sea views, breakfast served on your own deck and private spa pools, free wifi and parking included.
- Bay Adventurer Backpackers , 28 Kings Road. Freecall 0800 112 127. [email protected]. Shared dorm accommodation, doubles, twins and apartments available.
- Harbour House Villa Luxury Bed & Breakfast Accommodation, 7 English Bay Road, Opua, ☎ 09-402-8087, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 10AM. Located on a promontory over looking the Bay of Islands, 5 min. drive from Paihia. Bed & Breakfast Rooms and 1 & 2 Bedroom Suites. edit
- Beachcomber Resort, 1 Seaview Road, 0800 732 786, 09 402 7434, (fax 09 402 8202, email: mailto:[email protected]), . 45 rooms each with Bay of Islands sea views, pool, spa, sauna, tennis, Sky TV. Standard studio $130 off peak, $210 peak.
- Bounty Inn, Cnr Bayview & Selwyn Rds, Freephone 0800 472 444, 09 402 7088, (fax 09 402 7081, email: mailto:[email protected]), . Nestled in a quiet bush setting on the waterfront only 300m from the town centre, self contained accommodation with sea views, balconies, Sky TV & conference venue.
- Hotel Paihia, 5 Joyces Road, 09 4027911 (fax 09 4027729 email: mailto:[email protected]),. 66 rooms near the beaches and dive sites of Paihia. This hotel offers affordable accommodation and can arrange tours to various attractions in the region.
- Pickled Parrot Backpackers, Greys Lane, Freephone 0508 PARROT, 09 402 6222, (fax 09 402 6232, email: mailto:[email protected]), . A hostel just off the highway on the right as you head out of town toward Auckland. Great courtyard, complete with a BBQ. There is actually a parrot hanging around and you get a free breakfast. A couple minute walk from the beach. Tent sites from $14, Dorms from $20, Doubles/twins from $26, Single from $52.
- Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel, 3 Bayview Road, Freephone 0800 724 444, 09 402 7615" (fax 09 402 7609 email: mailto:[email protected]),. 4-star motel accommodation in central Paihia. Double studios, family suites and deluxe top floor apartments with sea views, balconies & spa baths, sleep from 2 - 10 people.
- Paihia Beach Resort and Spa Hotel, 116 Marsden Road, ☎ +64 9 4020 111, . (email: mailto:[email protected]). 5 star resort, New Zealand owned. edit
- Sanctuary Palms, 31 Bayview Road, ☎ +64 09 402 5428, . Luxury Accommodation overlooking the Bay of Islands. edit
- YHA Youth Hostel, 11 macmurray road (Left onto macmurray road as you come down the hill into Paihia), . checkin: 12pm; checkout: 10am. The YHA Bay of Islands Paihia is located in the heart of Paihia and is a purpose built two level backpacker lodge with 50 beds ranging from shared twin to four and eight bed multi shared rooms a 6 bed cabin and a female only dorm room. All rooms have their own ensuites. This cosy hostel has a fully equipped kitchen , lounge, laundry facilities plenty of outdoor dining space and is a great place to meet fellow travellers. From 22.50. edit
- Base Bay of Islands (Base Paihia), 18 Kings Road, Paihia, ☎ +64 9 402 7111, . Centrally located with accommodation from private units to share rooms, the hostel is 50 metres from the beach and only a short stroll to Paihia's seaside resort restaurants, cafes and ferry terminals edit
- Pioneer Waterfront Apartments, Pioneer Apartments, 44 Marsden Road, Paihia, Bay of Islands, ☎ +64 9 402 7924, . Fully self-contained, spacious and comfortable apartments, offering outstanding views and a waterfront location – the accommodation you need to relax during your Bay of Islands and Northland holiday! edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!