Paestum is in Campania, Italy.
Paestum is a Greek settlement where you can find the best preserved Greek doric temples worldwide. Most of the ancient Greek city has not been excavated yet. In addition to three temples, the site has a gymnasium, city wall and tower ruins and plenty of house wall ruins. Part of the site is also a museum showing excavated items such as statues, vases, metalwork, and painted grave stones.
- By train: train goes from Salerno or Naples to Paestum station. Read about the unified public transport ticket Campania Unico. Buy your ticket to get out in one of the souvenir shops close to the museum or before you come here. No ticket sale anymore at the station and machine never works.
- Coaches run throughout the Campania regions, especially in Avellino province, picking locals up for various points and taking them to the site for €9 return
- Walk. From station to historical site about 20 min., from historical site to beach about 30 min.
- Three ancient Greek temples.
- Museum, especially the frescos of the Grace chamber
- All the souvenirs you forgot to buy anywhere else in Italy, and they are even cheaper than elsewhere.
- Small fake jumping athlet (from the grave frescos).
- Around the museum are plenty of Italian restaurants serving the standard food.
- At the beach are less atmospheric restaurants.
- The main international hotel chains have their blocks at the beach.
- There is a agricultural farm that rents out beds run by a Belgian.
- Holiday Village Parco Elena, Contrada Impiso, 84076, ☎ +39 0974 841491 (fax: +39 0974 841491), . edit
- Il Cannito Hotel (Il Cannito Hotel), Via Cannito, 84047 Paestum, ☎ +39 0828 1962277. Small luxury design hotel immersed in the green, 5 kilometers away from Paestum center. Only 4 rooms, internal restaurant and panoramic terrace." Room rates from €200. edit
- Oleandri Resort Paestum - Hotel Village Residence Club, Via Poseidonia 177, ☎ 00390828851876, . Oleandri Resort Hotels & Residence is immersed in lush, quiet surroundings, at the border of a pine forest, about 280 yards from the sea and a mile from the archeological site of Paestum. With a large outdoor pool, a hot tub and children's play area, it is set in 30,000 m² of private parkland. The private beach is furnished with sun loungers and parasols. Accomodations are divided in Hotel Rooms and Residence Apartments: Hotel offers comforts and amenities of a luxury property with his Superior rooms, located in the main building, Deluxe rooms located in the park and Standard room located in the blocks around the pool or in the main building. Residence is disposed in blocks around the pool and is divided into Elegance and Family Apartments, two-bedroom apartments equipped with kitchenette and bathroom (daily cleaning and linen changing) with different forniture. Additional solution available is the Villa, indipendent three rooms apartment with private parking and private garden. Hotel Facilities General Reception, Private Beach, Pool, Restaurant, Lounge Bar, Pool Bar, Beach Bar, Entertainment Area, Playground, Garden, Parking. Activities Game Room, Playground, Ping-Pong, Darts, Hiking, Cycling, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Outdoor Swimming Pool (seasonal) Services Entertainment Staff, Kids Club, Babysitting/Child Services, Newspapers, Express Check-In/Check-Out, Safe, Soundproof Rooms, Heating, Baggage Storage, Air Conditioning, Room Service, Laundry, Bicycle Rental, Tour Desk, Fax/Photocopying, Special Diet Meals (upon request) Internet Free! Wired internet is available in public areas and is free of charge. Free! Wi-fi is available in public areas and is free of charge. Parking Free! Free private parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed). 59. (40.436293,14.979347) edit
- Train to north or south only.