is a rapidly growing old city in Misamis Occidental
on the northern coast of the large Philippines
island of Mindanao
with more than 100,000 inhabitants .
- Cokaliong or TransAsia shipping lines have ferries to and from Cebu and Iligan.
- there is also a ferry from Ozamiz to Mukas which cost 25.
The Labo airport re-opened in 2007. Cebu Pacific and Philippines airlines has daily flights to and from Manila and Cebu. The airport is roughly 20 minutes from the city center. motored rickshaws (P50) are easy to find and can take you there.
Bus services run from Pagadian, Dipolog, and Cagayan de Oro via Iligan. the bus line is Rural Transit. Some services will take you directly over the water through the port at Mukas, while others will drop you off to catch the boat to Ozamiz.
You can get around by walking, however, rickshaws are cheap and can get you around the city easily. Usually costs P7. For greater distances, motored rickshaws operate at around P15.
- Birhen sa Cotta, near port area. For catholic religious people, it was believe that the Virgin Mary at Cotta shrine shows miracles during the Spanish era and ever since people go to this place for prayers, blessings, and wishes. Both the shrine and fort were built in 1755 by Father Jose Ducos as a Spanish outpost and was renovated and restored to its original design in 2006 edit
- Cotta Fortress, near port area. An old Spanish war defensive fortress. edit
Every 16th July (also the anniversary of the city charter) the feast of Our Lady of Triumph is celebrated at Cotta Shrine together with the Subayan Keg Subanon festival elsewhere. At this fiesta time, the Cotta entertainment area usually has free live band concerts and there are other musical variety shows each weekend. Fireworks displays are also held at Cotta during Fiesta and holidays.
The feast of The Immaculate Conception is celebrated every 8th December while every 4th Sunday of January is the Sr. Sto. Nino Fluvial Parade held at Panguil Bay. Balanghoy Festival is held annually at the Cotta area.
- Gaisano Capital Mall J P Rizal Avenue. has a Gaisano supermarket.
- Geege Megamall V Ostia Avenue. has a Robinsons supermarket. and a Cinema.
- Citi Mall National Hwy. has a savemore supermarket.
- Unitop department Store Capistrano Street.
- Metro bank master card atm
- PNB visa card atm
- La Veranda Restaurant (La Veranda Restaurant - Royal Garden Hotel), Burgos corner Zamora Sts. Ozamiz City, Misamis Occidental, Philippines, ☎ +63 88 521-2888, . Savour famed Filipino specialties and appetizing authentic Chinese dishes amidst a relaxing atmosphere adorned with refreshing greenery and white latticework. Caters for small parties , business meetings or leisurely get-togethers. edit
- Moon Cafe, Jose P. Rizal St., Ozamiz City. Moon Cafe is a Mexican themed restaurant. They served Mexican foods, pizzas, steaks, sizzlers, and many more. edit
- Chicken Ati-atihan, Circumferencial road cor. Don A. Bernard Ave., Ozamiz City. Famous for their grilled foods with unlimited rice. edit
- Calda Pizza, Gaisano Southwing, Port Road, . Serves great pizzas at cheap prize. They also make pizza with more than 20 inches in diameter. edit
- Frito Ozamiz, Gomez corner Abanil Street, Ozamiz, ☎ 0927 499 2557, . Serves unlimited chicken and rice for only 199 Pesos. edit
- Gat's, Don A. Bernard Ave.. For drinking lovers. edit
- City Tourist Inn La Purisima Street. near ferry port. good variety of rooms at low rates.
- Travelers Inn Mabini Street. Behide RCBC bank. a/c singe/double, cable tv, free wifi 450/550.
- Naomi’s Botanical Garden and Tourist Inn (Naomi’s Botanical Garden and Tourist Inn), Barangay Banadero, Ozamis City, Misamis Occidental, Philippines, ☎ +63 88 5212441, . Naomi’s Botanical Garden and Tourist Inn is located 15 minutes away from the city center in Barangay Banadero, Ozamis City Misamis Occidental. It is also 15 minutes from the port and the Ozamis Airport. The garden has now become one of Ozamis’ attraction. The nursery of Naomi’s Botanical Garden has grown to become one of the biggest supplier of plants used for landscaping in Mindanao. The environment afforded by the greenery surrounding the building has made it a favorite venue for different community activities, conferences and weddings. It now has three reception halls for these events. edit
- 67th Boulevard Pension House, Cebedo St. (In front of Banco de Oro), Ozamiz City, ☎ (088) 521-5893 / 521-5894. 67th Boulevard Pension House is located in the heart of city proper. Just near any establishments. It is an affordable inn with clean rooms and 24 hrs service. They also have cheap food with many choices. from 500. edit
- GV Hotel, J P Rizal Avenue (near ferry port), ☎ +63 88 3190375, . from 525. edit
- Rosales Travellers Lodge, Lesesma ext, ☎ +63-88-5210472. checkin: 12noon; checkout: 12noon. fan single or double rooms with own bathroom and cable tv. free wifi 225-400. edit