Ouray  is a small town in Southwestern Colorado, magnificently situated in the San Juan Mountains and nicknamed "The Switzerland of America" for its scenery and outdoor recreational opportunities.
Ouray is at the northern end of the Million Dollar Highway, a famously scenic stretch of road (US highway 550) through the San Juan Mountains with its southern terminus at Silverton (Colorado) | If you're arriving from Durango, plan to take an hour and a half on the road, which has many tight hairpin turns over high passes and deep valleys and is not for the faint of heart (Million Dollar Highway from Silverton to Ouray). The northern approach on US 550 from Montrose is less dramatic. There is no air service to Ouray, but Montrose (35 miles N)& Durango (72 miles S) has commuter air service linking to Denver and other major cities.
- Box Canyon Falls, CR 361, ☎ (970) 325-7080, . 8AM - 8PM. Box Canyon Falls is a 285 foot waterfall that plummets into a narrow, quartite canyon with walls overhanging the falls by nearly 100 feet. The falls are reached via a short and easy 500-foot hike. $3 adults, $1.50 children (5-12 years), $2.50 seniors (65+). edit
- Ouray Hot Springs, ☎ 970.325.7073, . 10. edit
- AGO Gallery, 445 Main Street. Featuring Internationally and Nationally recognized artist Romagean Personne (National Museum of Women in the Arts) and a selection of Colorado's top artists. edit
- The Blue Pear, 405 Main Street (on the south side of town at the Wright Opera House). Home accessories, body care, and curiosities. Browse a microcosm of eclectic and scrumptious goods: Santos statues, candles, hand-forged scissors, throws, aprons. edit
- Buckskin Booksellers, 505 Main Street. A full-service bookstore with modern best sellers, local guidebooks & maps for hiking & 4-wheeling, Colorado history, geology, women of the west and other books. Also cards, posters, newspapers, magazines & gifts. edit
- Ivory's Trading Post, 737 Main Street, ☎ 970.325.0123. Handcrafted jewelry by artists Sen. Ben Nighthorse Campbell, Tommy Jackson, Rocki Gorman. Bronzes, paintings, plus handmade Navajo Rugs, Indian Pottery, Baskets and much more. edit
- North Moon Gallery, 505 Main Street, ☎ 970.325.4885. Fine art and craft galleries, featuring one-of-a-kind jewelry, paintings and Colorado landscape photography by Kathleen Norris Cook. edit
- Ouray Glassworks and Pottery, 619 Main Street, ☎ 970.325.0275. Watch Sam demonstrate the ancient art of glassblowing and enjoy Di's pottery made in Ouray. Made-in-Ouray artwork. edit
- The Sandman, 640 Main St, ☎ 970-325-4071. Robert “The Sandman” Stouffer is one of the few practitioners of a type of sand art made by pouring into bottles colored sand that he’s harvested from around the country. edit
- Skil Studio Gallery, 812 Main Street, ☎ 970.325.7290. Skol Studio Gallery displays works of fine art by local and regional artists. Works include furniture, sculpture, paintings, and blown glass. Custom work is available by Jeff Skoloda. edit
- Backstreet Bistro, 636 Main Street, ☎ 970.325.0550. Open 365 days a year at 7 a.m., Full Breakfast, Bagels, Subs, Ice Cream, Pies, Cheesecakes, Pastries, Espresso, Beer, Wine, Smoothies. edit
- Bon Ton, 426 Main Street, ☎ 970.325.4951. Upscale, casual dining experience with an Italian flair. edit
- Buen Tiempo, 515 Main Street, ☎ 970.325.4544. Southwest Mexican fare in a festive atmosphere. Ten different margaritas and microbrews on tap. Great food at great prices. edit
- Outlaw Restaurant 610 Main St.,(970) 325-4366. Best steak and seafood in the area. The Outlaw provides a Western feel and Western music to complete the experience.
- The Coachlight Restaurant, 118 W 7th Ave, Ouray, CO, 81427 (west - toward river - 1.5 blocks off main street), ☎ 970.325.4361, . 4pm - late. A family owned and operated restaurant, since 1968. Serving steaks, seafood, chicken, pasta, fish, ribs and much more. $10-$40. edit
- Ouray Brewery, 607 Main Street, ☎ 970-325-7388, . edit
- Ourayle House, 215 Seventh Ave, ☎ 970-903-1824. edit
- Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs, 45 Third Ave (Head west on Third Avenue. On the left in 1.5 blocks), ☎ (970) 325-4981, . checkin: 3:00 pm; checkout: 11:00 am. The Box Canyon Lodge & Hot Springs is where you relax and rejuvenate after a day playing in the beautiful San Juan Mountains. Situated peacefully in the southwest corner of Ouray, the lodge offers extremely clean, attractively decorated rooms; from standard rooms with queen, king or two queen beds,to a beautifully designed honeymoon suite and larger two-room suites with or without kitchens and fireplaces. Guests especially enjoy the mineral springs hot tubs terraced on the mountainside, both during the daytime, with 360-degree views of the mountains, and into the evening under a blanket of stars. Revitalizing in the mineral springs is popular year-round. edit
- Christmas House Bed and Breakfast Inn, 310 Main Street, ☎ 1.888.325.9627, . checkin: 3 PM; checkout: 10 AM. Five luxury suites with private 2 person jacuzzis, private 2 person steam saunas, private fireplaces, Queen Beds, Private Baths, Sat TV/VCR/DVD, Free Movies, Free USA Long Distance Calls, Coffeemakers, CD Stereos, Microwaves, Refrigerators, Gourmet Menu Breakfasts served at your private table at your chosen time. $115 to $180. edit
- Spangler House B&B, 520 2nd Street, ☎ 800-468-4096, . checkin: 3:00; checkout: 11:00. A B&B located on a quiet street one block from Main Street that offers one luxurious suite and five charming guest rooms. All are individually and beautifully decorated. Each room features a unique iron bed that takes you back in time to the turn of the century. All rooms have either relaxing glider rockers or wing back chairs, private bath rooms, ceiling fans, satellite TV, free Wi-Fi and in-room coffee or tea. Breakfast features fresh ground coffee, juice, a bowl of seasonal fruit and home baked muffins or coffeecake to whet your appetite for the hot delicious main dish. Offers a front room, den or sitting room to read, work on a puzzle or just sit back and enjoy the spectacular mountain views, as well as a pellet stove, redwood deck and hot tub. $85-$125 winter;$125-$180 summer. edit
- Black Bear Manor B&B, . Walk easily to anywhere in town from our convenient Sixth Avenue location. This country inn is the perfect oasis for rest, relaxation and reflection. Choose one tastefully decorated room, or take all nine including suites. The Black Bear Manor is perfect for Workshops, Retreats, Wedding groups and Family Reunions to gather and celebrate on the large decks beneath the Mountain Peaks. Sit back, leave the cares of the outside world behind as you enjoy our rural Colorado countryside. You can sleep in and awaken to the smell of fresh baked goods wafting into your dreams – basically enjoy life as it was meant to be. Come, let us pamper you into relaxation. edit